What Shuttles Have You Used

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by drowsysmurf, Mar 29, 2007.

1. adrian.sutikna

adrian.sutikna Regular Member

Sales Engineer
    maybe u buy a fake garuda...the genuine one costs about 70 thousand...
    lebih enak jauh, tapi kualitasnya emang lagi turun dibandingin tahun2 lalu, mungkin karena banyak kenaikan juga kali

2. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

been playing with RSL Classic Tourney as well as #1 and found them to be excellent, excellent shuttles :D. the are much more durable than some Yonex, Aeroplane and Swallow. they seem to be going down which is :eek:
    the Aeroplane gets soft after a couple of smashes plus missing feathers and does some quite dizzying spins in flight, but the RSLs stays true

3. Sze Huang

Sze Huang Regular Member

Unemployed
    Sheesh! I can rarely find RSL Classic Tourney anymore around my area. :(
    The last time I used it , it was definitely great !
    Currently using Protech Masterpiece , it's pretty good but a tad bit pricey.

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    you may try out the Fleet 2002....:D

5. Happy_Daniel

Happy_Daniel Regular Member

Smash City has come out with their own brand name of shuttlecocks! Would someone please try it and tell how it goes ;D.

I'm on a highschool budget therefore I can't always purchase high end shuttlecocks.
    But so far my list of top bang-for-the-buck shuttlecocks is:

Chester - These are a little expensive but definitely worth it as the quality and durability makes up for it. They can be found for about US$18? Of course you can always order 50+ tubes and the wholesale price would be around US$15.

Tai Lai Gold
    - Awesome shuttles, it might be that I got a good tube, but the consistency, quality, and durability was great! I think this brand of shuttlecocks is about the same as Chester if not better. These are a dollar cheaper than Chesters at US$17 at Badminton Alley.

Yang Yang 2000A - These are great for the price. Great overall performance. US$14 great price. Most Yang Yang shuttles are quite inexpensive but performs quite well.

These are based on my previous experiences, many factors affect shuttlecock performance such as the batch, where/how long its been stored(in what temperature), whether or not you steamed them, and the speeds you've purchased them. Please do not get discouraged from purchasing a brand of birds purely because of one tube.

6. DoubleDstyle

DoubleDstyle Regular Member

I agree with Happy Daniel, the Yang Yang 2000a is great for Price and quality. Had been using Yonex AS30/AS40 and they are same in quality but the price cost an arm and a leg in Toronto.

7. markache@hotmai

markache@hotmai Regular Member

nobody use chaopai ?
    I think it is good.

8. remix441

remix441 Regular Member

Student
    i like using yonex as40s since they are more durable although expensive. :/ I find them lasting longer than the typical club shuttles that people buy at the clubs. IT last about twice as long.

9. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    Chao Pai feathers are generally fine. The tournament grade are the RED and PURPLE series. The Blue series is also a good one. :)

10. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    The RSL Classic Tourney is one of the industry standards of tournament grade feathers :)

11. remix441

remix441 Regular Member

Student
    Yea, how are smashcity shuttle cocks

12. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    indocock red
    poor durability due to thin feather
    flight traject is normal
    speed is normal
    stability is bad
    price is cheap enough (Rp. 35.000 ~ USD$4)
    i don't know why this shuttlecock used by many tournament in Indonesia beside Yonex.
    Anyone could recommend some cheap and good shuttlecock in indo??

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

There are a few, but it depends..

..how much one is willing to spend??..:confused:
    I've tried the Indocock Black and Brown shuttles..heard the Black is the top of the line.
    I've also tried Garuda, MikasaStar, Java, Waikiki & Saxon, to name a few..all abt the same quality & running abt the same price.
    Yes, i don't know why Indocock shuttles have been used in several tourneys in Indonesia. But if i were to compare, i'd say Indocock shuttles are pretty decent for the price. It flies OK, esp. here in the U.S. However, durability is not good:p
    I've recently bought some shuttlecocks in Surabaya, and never heard of the brand, called Gajah Emas (GE). I believe they have 2 models: Perak (Silver) and Hitam (Black). Same price and roughly the same quality/playability also as the Indocock shuttles.
    But the best one, IMO, that i've used is the Green-band Gadjah Mada shuttles. Not the Red-band one. I believe i purchase it for around $6+/tube. Pretty decent feather thickness, and flies fine (esp. here in the U.S.). I heard they manufacturing warehouse is in Tegal (near Surabaya). And I believe kwun also tried it before.;)

#73 ctjcad, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  14. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

about USD$4-5
    already tried indocock red and black, java, saxon red, mikasa, all is decent performance IMO, except red indocok slightly below decent

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I've never tried..

..the Red Indocock shuttles, only the Black and Brown...Yeah, all of those INA-made shuttles are roughly the same, in price, quality and playability...However, if you have a chance, try to play with the Green-band Gadjah Mada shuttles. They don't sell them as widespread/common, esp. the Green-band ones, most likely the Red-band ones, but if you have a chance, try it out..Purchase price for that particular GM tube is around Rp.65,000..;):cool:
    Of course there are Yonex, RSL, Wilson, Hi-Qua shuttles, but they cost more..:rolleyes::p

#75 ctjcad, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  16. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

okay, thanks:)
    how about the other colour of gajahmada? ever try garuda?
    next time i'll try green gm:)

17. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

Sifu you have not tried green gajah mada....... you must be joking :p. you have to try man. It's a nice shuttles, it's packed 6 shuttles in one cone. The price here around Rp35,000 ($3.8).
    BTW I recently realize that the quality is not the same as before, it's easy to broke. What I did before play, I normally put some sweat on the feather. This will long last the feather. It works.

If you think the price is little bit expensive, I recommend to use Young Young Champ special, it is also packed 6 shuttles in one cone. Don't try other young2, they are not consistent. The price is around Rp28-30,000.
    Believe me you will love this shuttles, the feeling is almost the same with Gajah mada (green label)

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Currently i'm using Protech Masterpiece, RSL Classic Tournament, Yonex New Official and Yonex Tournament.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm

..the other color of Gadjah Mada, which i used to play with and really bad, is the Red-band..For your benefit, DO NOT get those..:p..I think Gadjah Mada only comes in 2 colors...and yes, i've tried Garuda..it's so-so...
    ..actually i saw and purchased a few Green-band Gadjah Mada tube packed w/12 shuttles recently, instead of the 6 shuttles in a tube. I haven't tried them yet, but hope it's still the same as the 6 packed ones..;):p
    Btw, just curious, which part of INA are you from, h4n5ip??..

20. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

I dunno that they are long cone (12 shuttles) in Green gajah mada.
    As you can see from my nick info, I am in Batavia = Jakarta :)
    In Jakarta Green gajahmada is very popular, BTW I think it can be considered one of the expensive shuttle among other.