Playing at ABC for 1st time tonight

Discussion in 'Arcadia Badminton Club ( ABC )' started by wickeddrop, Aug 21, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

So, is it still a go??..

..are Brandon and pardner planning to come down and play in this hot & humid weather this coming Friday?? or the weekend??..:confused::p
    Or are you guys going to be tempted to play @ SGVBC, again??..:confused:;)

2. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

I am actually going to play at arcadia this friday with the wife...show up if you can Chris.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Sounds good..^^

..barring any last minute changes, i will be there...:cool:..
    Hmm, it's the Labor Day weekend, so maybe you'll make another visit over the weekend??..
    *Although the thought of going and playing in a 90+ degrees weather kinda dampens the spirit a bit...heck maybe i'll decide to play topless..:eek:

4. wickeddrop

Its possible that i might come on Sunday....although it doesnt look like it...but ill be there tomorrow night. Ill probably get a few games in with Eddie. See ya there.

5. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    mind if i join you guys? i've been playing at abc for the past month with my cousins and i'm looking for a group of people to play with. i play at sgvbc sometimes but the wait there is ridiculous during certain hours of the day, especially on weekends.

6. wickeddrop

Yeah man..you are more than welcome...come by tonight..ill be there around 7 - 7:30pm. My beginner friends have courts 12 and 13 reserved from 8 -10pm but i go play with the more advanced people after i do my 'time'...hahaha. Im the bald asian dude with the short viet wife, my name is Brandon.

Hope you come by tonight!

7. jamesshieh88

Student
    i'm sorry i couldn't make it tonight brandon. i got back late from ucla today. i'll definitely stop by tomorrow though

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Finally..

:p..finally met Brandon! And what a coincidence, we arrived at the same time!
    Thanks for playing w/me and sorry i ran out of gas..:p
    I must say, you do play & live up to your screen-name of wickeddrop..;)
    Hope we can play again..
    *Btw, if you and master Dan were to play doubles together, i could've mistaken you guys as brothers...:p
    ..James, when will you come tomorrow (Saturday)?? I'm planning to be there around late afternoon, past 6 pm. Crowd will be a bit less than tonight (Friday). I'm planning to be there on Sunday as well, around the same time as Saturday..
    And the guys will be there on Monday, Labor Day, for some whack-around from around 2 pm til 6 pm.
    So, pick any day or come to all 3 days!..:cool:
    *If you come, how will you be recognized? Do you wear glasses? Short hair? Good looking?..:)

#28 ctjcad, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  9. jamesshieh88

Student
    of course i'm good looking! who isn't? i typically wear glasses when i play and my hair is short. i'll be wearing a blue shirt and a pair of red shorts and carrying a red yonex bag. you'll most likely spot me from across the gym with those colors! i will be there tomorrow night. do you typically reserve a court?

10. wickeddrop

Chris,

Thanks for the game, fun like always, i might come by on sunday...we'll see...thanks again, im sure we'll play again :)

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Sounds good..

..great, hope to see you then!:cool:
    As for reserving a court, i, personally, don't reserve a court; and never did.
    If we reserve a court, we'd have to pay extra even if we're a member. Reserving a court is probably better during peak days/hours, like say on a Friday night or one of the weekday nights (Tuesday til Thursday). If not, then we'd have to scour for open courts. The only other weekday that's not crowded is Monday night. Saturday and Sunday mornings til late afternoons are usually busy. But it gets less crowded in the evening on those days. But when the winter months come, it should get much cooler during the day.
    I wish if there's somekind of a queuing system @ ABC.
    ..cool, cool!! i know it's a bit of a drive for you (and Rudy)..:)

12. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    Yesterday was my first time at abc. It was kinda cool when it has ac, I believe or watever. But that only last before you start to play, after for playing awhile it get's hot.
    But I guess it's better than san gabriel. I wouldn't able to stand the heat.
    Floor are more clean than at san gabriel.
    However, for side line theres benches, and people tend to stand up and talk near the side line. so I dislike that. I know it's all cool if they sit, but when they stand up they're really close to the line. But honestly with all the respect. Those people just don't respect other.

13. wickeddrop

Going to play tonight at ABC around 6:30pm.....come look for Eddie, ill probably be playing with that crew.