JJS/LYD - Road to the WR #1

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by narnia, Dec 22, 2008.

1. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Do not Mislead with the games happened in the earliest of 2008. Sorry, I'm dealing with H-2-H among the top-players since 2008. We care only teams who can consistently beat JJS/LYD. The only team is JR/LP who had an edge 2:0 but in last 2009 KOR Open they lost in shameful scores. No any other team could beat JJS/LYD twice in a consecutive manner. That's why they are the unique team who has the best stats in h-2-h among the top-players. The BWF ranking also says that with most recent games within 1 year round. :)

MK/HS's days're passing as JJS/LYD comes as a rising star since 2008 AE. Look up the BWF ranking.

#221 narnia, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Oh, no participation stuff eh? then care to explain this statement of that just come out from your mouth yesterday:

Please be my guess and make another blatantly incorrect statement for everyone to see the kind of person you're.

And what about KO 2009 SF? That's just the latest match, and LP/JR still have the edge over LYD/JJS based on your ever precious H-2-H record (remember, LP/JR dominate LYD/JJS for the whole 2008!). Or are we now down to considering the latest encounter only?

3. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Just Latest match? lol. Watch the game again and feel what the real dominance means.

I always said it's since 2008 "AE". Don't mislead it and see it in the context of my writing. That implies H-2-H stats between the two pairs.
    And for LP/JR, I admitted their edge already, take care when reading my posts. And when I'm saying dominance, as I said, you should count all the h-2-h stats among the top-players: like round-robin. Read carefully. :)

#223 narnia, Jan 27, 2009
  4. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Misled??? :confused:
    Let me ask you this, were you or weren't you the one making this statement:
    Now after being proven how wrong that statement is, you're trying to backtrack and saying something about being misled???? I would think that someone who makes the INCORRECT and FALSE statement is the one that try to misled ppl here. :rolleyes:

You want to limit it to since 2008 AE you said? Well, since apparently your memory is fuzzy at best, let me remind you that both of LP/JR's domination win over LYD/JJS comes AFTER AE 2008 (TC and OG). H-2-H record between them since 2008 AE is 2-1 in favor of LP/JR. :cool:

Any other excuse you want to make this time around??

5. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Real dominance? You meant like in the KO 2009 finals, where despite playing in enemy's territory, facing the favorite hometown champs (and their hordes of Korean linesmen), CM/MB proceed to trash LYD/JJS in straight set domination? :D

My question still stands though, so are you equating dominance based on latest match only?? Otherwise you wouldn't make any statement about it, especially since based on your other indicator (H-2-H), LYD/JJS is still dominated by LP/JR.

6. narnia

narnia Regular Member

As I said before, please read carefully about my definition of dominance. :)

7. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Once again, please carefully read my previous posts about my definition on the dominance. We're discussing about dominance in MD category based on h-2-h stats among all the top-players. Read carefully one more time if you want to argue. :)

p.s. do you have exact knowledge how the BWF world ranking is calculated?

#227 narnia, Jan 27, 2009
  8. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Refer to another new thread to know more how people have been astonished by the Defense of JJS/LYD.

"Which current mens doubles pair have the strongest defence?"

Their dominance comes from their confidence in defense; they are fast learners to catch their opponents' styles and defend any attacks from even top-players. So, if you want to beat JJS/LYD, you need to beat them in two sets in a row as early as possible. That's happening always with the Danes. But in the next re-match, they can't as the KOR duo cares about it.

In short, they are not perfect team nor completed their skills; they are ever-evolving team with very advanced basic skills as they are positioned one step ahead of the other pairs.

#228 narnia, Jan 27, 2009
  9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    They are good defencer but not dominant pair at all in 2008....KKK/TBH are good as well beside CCM too...I have to disagree about Dominance...LYD/JJS is still far away to go....always crumble in BIG events...so mentally WEAK...dominant pairs will have strong mental.....

It is good to defend them, Narnia ,but you have to use LOGIC...;)

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Okay...
    LYD/JJS over MK/HS
    MK/HS over JR/LP
    JR/LP over LYD/JJS...

who is dominant pair....:confused::confused:

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I dont think she is stying to mislead. I just think she is either confused or is unable to make up her mind. :D

12. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Please read my definition again on dominance if you want to know my logic.

If you have problem to understand it, just look up the BWF ranking points (although it is a little different from my login). And if you still say the point margin is not big btw the #1(JJS/LYD) and #2(MK/HS), just compare that two pairs. :)

#232 narnia, Jan 27, 2009
  13. narnia

narnia Regular Member

My logic goes with the BWF ranking system. If you think the ranking system misleads you, then you can say I'm misleading. :)

14. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Feel to need one more time to mention my logic clearly. It's a burden for me to repeat it all over again. Please carefully read my logic. (And I said, you can have your own logic.)

I don't care for the titles, as a casual badminton player, I'm just considering who's the real best in contemporary MD all over the world. (I said this should reflect the recent change of scoring system to 21-rally faster one; the matches finish very fast and so sometimes weaker team can have an edge over stronger team. So, Consistency throughout the consecutive tournaments is more pronounced in measuring their performance these days.)

My logic goes like this:

Consider recent(1 or 1.5 years) stats among all the top-rankers(maybe top 10 pairs).
    The Question is: Which team has won the most against the others?

(It's something like Round Robin only among the top-rankers. This is similar to BWF Ranking system but I only count the h-2-h stats only between top-rankers not every pairs who are known weak.)

What's the result of stats? You will have two teams left: JJS/LYD and MK/HS.

Now who's better between them??? Since 2008, JJS/LYD beat MK/HS in all matches of three: Swiss SS, Thomas Cup, SS Final.

Conclusion is clearly out.

p.s. what's about the danes? I say about overall or collective dominance not individual one-to-one stats(Note I always stated "among the top-rankers"). I admitted JR/LP's edge over JJS/LYD by 2:0. But in this case, I recommend you to watch the video of 2009 KOR Open SF to feel it directly. And Boe/Mogensen case is another story like Koo/Tan's victory over JJS/LYD in SSF F. We need to see the Consistency if they are real exceptions. (Koo/Tan lost to JJS/LYD in the later match in Malaysia.)

#234 narnia, Jan 27, 2009
  15. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    up until this point... The only conclusion that can be drawn is that we have to "agree to disagree" on others' point of view. There seems to be no possible way to convince the other that your own view point is correct, so why not just let the upcoming major tournaments' result tell the truth? (the ones with hopefully all the top teams' participation)

No point to explain one's own logic, as it seems like others won't agree with it anyways... and if another person does the same thing, the same results will occur again.

16. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Thanks for your comments. :)

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

In 2008, MK/HS totally lost to JJS/LYD by 0:3 and MK/HS only could win the Super Series titles when JJS/LYD missed. (The Olympic is a single exception.)

Yup, precisely, you said since 2008.My original response was to your "in 2008......" from pg 13. Naturally one would think MO & KO 2008 was part of the year 2008.
    In the BWF ranking, as you very well know, MK/H was WR#1 for some time in 2008, whether counting from January or March 2008.

If you want latest, now is only end of Jan 2009, too early to say who dominant what. From last week until March, LYD/JJS will be WR#1, thereafter it may change.

You see, when they talk abt MK/H being WR#1, you kept saying abt the H2H between MK/H & LYD/JJS, like the WR#1 status (& OG Gold ) MK/H had doesnt matter; so they counter with another H2H. You want talk H2H, they talk H2H.
    Then you talk abt LYD/JJS currently being WR#1.
    Then the talk was abt MK/H did not win titles when LYD/JJS participated in 2008, there's stats for that too. Naturally the year 2008 would mean Jan to Dec 2008.;)

The Denmark uncle pair Lars/Jonas is currently WR#3, should qualify as top 10 pair though they didnt win many titles in 2008 (Jan to Dec 2008)

So which it is or collectively which or somehow it got lost in translation from Korean to English? :D

Dont get me wrong, I like to watch LYD/JJS, MK/Hendra & Lars/Jonas play also.

#237 eaglehelang, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  18. narnia

narnia Regular Member

You seem not understand MY logic. Please carefully read it. :)

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I do, I've read your replies in pg 14, pages bf that also read already earlier. Anyway, cool, :cool:, all the different stats have already been posted, we shall see sometime after middle of 2009 how the stats are.:D:D

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i have no idea how his/her 'DOMINANCE' theory looks like actually:D