Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Remember the group of the people who picket at BAM office one or two years back for the President to step down? Before this, they dont bother to picket about sports association or sports issue, now fans also picket.
    Of course, whoever can read the comments section of Sinar, Berita Harian, will know what Malaysians think. For more political view on sports, there's the Malaysia Kini(yes they do mention badminton cos LCW won the silver).
    What all the reporters from malay, english to chinese, tamil dunno:p, pretty much echos the sentiments as the reporters read BC :D

Our Msian sports, football, athletics, hockey- down due to politicking. The thing is : you and I and other Msians are the taxpayers and voters, so we have the right to comment. If BAM top management say this & that excuse, it's hard & all, then give their salary to BC members, we do their job

#941 eaglehelang, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Since early this year I have suspected good old Tanee to be a person of very senior managing position. I find his views very useful in commanding a ship (company), that the top brass however wrong, could do no wrong or should be forgiven because the management is the boss. Therefore Tanee is 'pro management' which is good when you are the CEO, which he has admitted to.

He has mistakenly taken a 'top down' management style and applied this wisdom and experience as a CEO (nothing related to sports) onto this forum on badminton and BAM. I agree, its good when you are managing whatever big company with big responsibility because whatever the consequences the ship cannot sink or it will go bankcrupt. BUT THIS IS SPORTS, BADMINTON AND BAM. BAM has a responsibility to its nation and people. A company is profit orientated as it's main priority. Anything else is just secondary contributing to the company.

While on another issue, we have yet to hear from good old tanee what is positive about BAM, what they should be doing or not doing, just some very vague simplistic ideas. And neither does he disagree on some of the drawbacks that plagues the sport and issues committed by BAM like unfair treatment of its athletes. And that he keeps quiet. Is that all you can bring to the table? We on the other hand are very fair, when it's good, we commend, when it's vice versa, we bang. It is this very 'keeping quiet' at your own convenience that we find your opinions very biased, which is ironic, considering how you say only a minority represents what is hugely said here.

Lastly, you still failed to understand one simple notion that the people need not hold in favour of BAM for eternally, but BAM does. This is not their corporate social responsibility. IT IS THEIR ONLY RESPONSIBILITY. The people (BCers, malaysians and us sports freaks or mob as you fervently put it) are not on BAM's payroll, like you and your employees. Differentiate that.

#942 Pakito, Sep 9, 2012
  3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i was wondering,since malaysian is genetically or dnacally lazy or whatever(forget uncle tan great theory.) must be losing lots of money since they are all lazy,empty vessel and bad loser.
    why he opt to open or operate company here instead of the dna superior china or korea as he claim?:confused:

back to topic.
    i had speak out many negative of bam.
    our wisdom-man of bc,malaysia and hongkong,uncle tan.
    please provide proof that bam done enough to develop and try their best to create result? anything?
    how much they spend on state development?
    how many budget/specific plan on future hope on tournament?
    please enlighten me,thanks.;)

#943 limsy, Sep 9, 2012
  4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It is not without reason the brightest and the best have left Malaysia. The last two posts are dead giveaways of the left behinds, classic examples of people who have no clue of what their aims are.
    To come to the point, what are the goals of the country's badminton, in men, women, and mixed events viz-a-viz China, Korea, Indonesia, Denmark, and Japan? These are the areas Malaysian badminton must look at and compete against instead of lashing out aimlessly at wrongly perceived injustices or mismanagement.
    Did the results of the London Olympics fairly reflect Malaysia's achievement? It has in fact done better than its world ranking. Is this a failure? That depends on who you ask. Some here will say it was a failure. I say they are in cloud nine. Indonesia is stronger than Malaysia in both men and women yet they got nothing. From this perspective Malaysia did better than expectations.
    Stop looking for meaningless faults. Look and aim realistically, while respecting the strengths of your competition, to set your goals. Then and only then can you come back to start talking seriously about the country's badminton.
    Too much emotional outbursts dull and shrink the brain, and then discussion becomes aimless.

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

It is not without reason the brightest and the best have left Malaysia. The last two posts are dead giveaways of the left behinds, classic examples of people who have no clue of what their aims are.
    To come to the point, what are the goals of the country's badminton, in men, women, and mixed events viz-a-viz China, Korea, Indonesia, Denmark, and Japan? These are the areas Malaysian badminton must look at and compete against instead of lashing out aimlessly at wrongly perceived injustices or mismanagement.
    Did the results of the London Olympics fairly reflect Malaysia's achievement? It has in fact done better than its world ranking. Is this a failure? That depends on who you ask. Some here will say it was a failure. I say they are in cloud nine. Indonesia is stronger than Malaysia in both men and women yet they got nothing. From this perspective Malaysia did better than expectations.
    Stop looking for meaningless faults. Look and aim realistically, while respecting the strengths of your competition, to set your goals. Then and only then can you come back to start talking seriously about the country's badminton.
    Too much emotional outbursts dull and shrink the brain, and then discussion becomes aimless.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    we are discussing bam now. not olympic or other thing else.
    straight to the point.
    please state anything that bam had done to improve malaysia badmiton.
    convince us that bam is innocent and tried their best

#946 limsy, Sep 9, 2012
  7. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Isn't that just like asking the bull who is thirsty why does it go to the pond? Or are you suggesting that Malaysia should stay at the level they are at now and be contented and complacent? I'm curious to know why don't you answer your own questions instead of always putting it to the floor? Just what are the goals in your opinion vis-a-vis these countries you mentioned that Malaysia should be huh?

LCW yes. He is BAM's saving grace. Tell me, what did we achieve? Don't tell me that Indons fared no better, let's concentrate on our own backyard unless you mean that we should be satisfied and complacent, then I get you.

In cloud nine? That's just like saying to our athletes to forget it, dream on, you can't beat them. It's of course logical from your point of view when you set complacent benchmarks.

I assume you mean this pep talk is for the athletes and not for the management right? We are talking about BAM, not the athletes.

Erm, we may be critical but still calm considering the magnitude of BAM stupidity. But emotional outbursts? Mostly provoked by your lack understanding on an aging matter dealt with disparagingly by the people in power.

#947 Pakito, Sep 9, 2012
  8. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    What would be your satisfactory number? First of all, if you feel something strongly, do you wait for the numbers to tell you first, or your convictions? Then only you join the crowd?

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i am not going to write those scandal once again since i going to bed:D

let say it economy way since both nadzmi and world wide company owner is businessman. they dont know badminton

1st issue
    money-operating cost is too high. more than 2 million per year for salary(not include player's).
    in another word,the cost performance is too low. our world wide company owner 100% understand what is CP.

2nd issue
    no systematic planning-how many tournament should a bjss player,a back up player,an elite squad player need to play per year. how many target should be reach within. when and what is ultimate target. drop off if unable to reach target.
    (please take note,bam done non of this)
    no realistic and specific short,middle and long term planning
    not effective at all.

3rd issue
    fairness in treatment.
    no worker willing to work under a mistreated and unfair environment. case of tcs,ng/ng,tan/gan,zakry/fairuz and more.

4th issue
    wrong investment.
    money invested on non productive categories

5th issue
    wrong bonus distributed
    instead of reinvest revenue,it spend on london trip.
    typical opportunist style.

and there is alot more,but good night folks.;)

u can tell how good nadzmi is as a businessman base on proton profit(if there is any profit)
    please tell us now,what did bam did right? anything?

#949 limsy, Sep 9, 2012
  10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Since you have such vast wisdomic experience and expertise in quality human resource, how is BAM in your quality scale from 1 - 10?

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

You two standouts or 'standalones' are all over the floor, clueless on where and what you want the country's badminton to achieve. Every human endeavour must have a goal or objective, which in Malaysian badminton is basically its performance in the Olympics, the Thomas & Uber Cups, the super series, and the world championships.
    But you are wasting all your energy to rubbish BAM and others, driven by your emotional and paranoid hatred. You are shooting your own foot!
    Now, why don't you get other more enlightened posters to come to your support?
    However, I still believe you are a such a small and insignificant speck minority in Malaysia. Otherwise the country will be truly 'HABIS'.

12. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Wait you also forgot to include eddy choong, elyas, han jian, morten.. don't just dart us small chaps:D

I think you are barking up the wrong tree mr tan. This should be address with your name, signed sealed and delivered to your dearest, BAM.

I beg to differ - passionate response and logical criticism for temporary respite from heart attack due to disparaging management.

I see you alone only standing in your barracks.

Again, very clever misdirection of the jury towards inconsequential evidence. Get back to the mater at hand, BAM. :D BAM is 'habis'sing our money. :D

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this is a really funny screen.
    one children(maybe pakito or me) pointing a cat,and ask the vast experience teacher:does its owner make sure it wont bite me or made my shirt dirty?
    the teacher answer: hey kid!how can u hate and discriminate cat like this?cat is one of the animal,eat almost any food u feed.there are red,yellow,blue,black,mixed bla bla bla bla(too long to continue)i still believe only u will think so in malaysia against an innocent cat. u are emotional and paranoid hatred.

hey pakito
    let see,if we two represents small/insignificant speck minority.
    what about the one?
    u have any idea?

after empty talk for so many post,still cant show us one positive of bam.
    not even one.
    anyone to help our uncle tan to list out the positive of bam and prove me wrong???

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    he must had nothing better to do so main2 with u2 la...

15. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Limsy and Pakito....and etc...
    Stop teasing the guy. He just went from enlightment to casting hell on you two...:eek:

Lets just wait what BAM will come up with their next big meeting shall we? By the way, anyone excited about CHN Masters tomorrow? No one? Oh well, Im just hoping I wont miss the PAW like I did with VIE GPG...

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the next meeting on 19/9 correct me if i am wrong.
    huh?that is the fewest entry in ss history.

17. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    The entry list sucks and of course the debate on Msian DNA, human resource management 101, topped with almost biblical perspective on human constant err in the universe is much exciting than tomorrow SS.....but what to do? :eek:

18. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Lol.. there is no such thing as hell in a forum, either you are pro or against an issue, sitting on the fence.. or his case.. ===stubbornly recalcitrant====

It's good in a way, as 'he' has awaken a passion that is inate in me which I never knew. So I have to thank him, in an ironic way. :cool:

19. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Right, tan is saying all brains have left malaysia, except HIMSELF. On the contrary, I dolike listen to what Eddy Choong and Misbun have to say. In fact there are plenty of 'others' who have a lot to contribute BUT SADLY TOLD TO SHUT UP. Those whose mouth and tongue that are free to speak don't know what to speak, what to do. Heck, Mr Tan says Malaysia is just doing fine and dandy, in other words, so is BAM. Now isn't that just great. BAM is happy, when everyone has shut up.

If it weren't for some quarters dissatisfied with the thomas cup this year, BAM would have felt nothing and did nothing or compelled to do anything. Same with the lack the upcoming juniors to take over the seniors. Nothing. This is the classic chinese saying of 'you poke him, he move one step, you poke him twice, he moves two steps'. Incompetent!

#959 Pakito, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  20. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Mr Tan did not rebuke nokh88. This is what he would have said.

Rexy said:
    And Mr Tan says:

Mr Tan says:

Mr Tan says: