Exclusive: Yonex Voltric Z-Force Review by Ants

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jan 30, 2012.

1. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    I had 4 of those for myself before VT80 came along!!

Hey..I just checked, and your racquet's out to be delivered today!!

2. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    But only the 4Us were available in N. America...got one but was too light. Hope we'll get the 3Us this time.

3. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Yea I know! Unfortunately i couldn't login from home to work... So I have to pick it up at the post office tonight or tomorrow :(

I rarely use my AT900PLC... I just like to look at the colour... Metallic bright Yellow.... Mmmmmmm

4. niGht kiD

niGht kiD Regular Member

Wowww.

Thank you ants, for your effort in writing such a detailed and excellent review. Always been a pleasure reading your reviews.

Thanks again for your generosity and also your creativity, it was fun :)

Will PM you the details tomorrow, sweet dream.

5. rikrydle

rikrydle Regular Member

Consultant
    Great review Ants. I heard about the comparison with At700, NS9900 and MP90. But how about ArcSaber Z-Slash which VT-ZF has some influence from? May I get you opinion as well on the difference with VT80. Thanks heaps :)

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Great review ants!!! It is very helpful!!! Congratulations to NightKid I hope you enjoy this new racket !!!

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Marketing dude, marketing....

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think they are saying N90 is an IMPROVED AT700 ans VTZF is an IMPROVED AT700 :)

9. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    What he said! For anyone who has used the AT700 for many years can pick up the N90 and it will feel second nature to them with some added speed. I have a strong feeling ZF will feel like the N90 which is a good thing as I finally have many options again!

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Who has written the info on ANTS? is it himself who has posted the "humble" stuff like "has an exceptional skill of doing reviews on badminton rackets. His reviews have almost pinpoint accuracy with more than 90% satisfaction from readers and users of the rackets that he reviews" and "Many considers him as the only Non-Professional Player #1 Authority when comes to reviewing badminton rackets" :)

Any sources here Ants?

Strong words for a YY exlusive reviewer with tight connections with the company obviously to get fringies and protptypes etc etc. :) First I thought you where talking about Dink before he got inte the manufactuirng business himself...who actually reviewed many different rackets not only the major releases from one brand.

I guess, I am still a bit sceptical after theAnts glowing review (sales pitch?) of the not so great Z-slash, so poorly received by most pros, i think kind of take these reviews with a grain of salt before some further testing and pro fedback are at hand :)

But lets hope this is a "bug fixed" VT80, Z-slash. Sound like YY got their **** together finally :)

Just my 2 c.

11. King's

King's Regular Member

Exactly my point!;) However, baddy fans might just wanna sweep across the board to compare all brands. But I definitely think VZF really improved upon their very own venerable lineages (oh, they got mighty plenty already).:cool:

Imo, YY's competition took dragon strides in recent memory and thus grained a lot of ground but my guess is, YY is clawing back with a vengeance by way of cranking their R&D so that they've lined up an array of offerings that might just suck the vortex out of its competition (until the competition do so simultaneously also).:D Way to go YY.

Ziff, ziff! ''Z'' might as well be YY's flagship series!:cool:

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yaahh .. according to ants review a wopping 6 km/h smash-speed should be posible by simply repainting... sigh
    :p I am starting to think Ants is having a early aprils-joke on the BF readers :)

13. King's

King's Regular Member

Those you mentioned were just a ""PTF"", a Program Temporary Fix.:)

D4r3w likes this.
  14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I am sure all manufacturers will crank out new models for their olympic athletes.. N80 seems to have launched in China which will go head to head in the head-heavy department of VTFZ.. They will probably also sharpen up the R&D before olympics. Victor will most likely do the same to help their athletes to get the best material possible come OG 2012.

15. drew tze en

I know someone who recently came back from China and bought a Li-Ning N80 and it is quite pricey about £150+ I can't remember the exact amount I'll ask again

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yeah.. I got some info that it is actually more advanced and more expensive to produce than N90 but R&D could not call it N100 or something like that because it was deemed unnacceptable for the chinnese to give it a number higher than the "Lin Dan"-racketmodel which had to be the "largest" number.. sigh...so therefore the high price and lower N-number :-D

17. drew tze en

hahaha I understand
    I think Li-Ning should really think of replacing Lin Dan's racket to improve it
    Since the OG2008 LCW has used Armotec 900 Power, Armotec 900PLCW, ARC-ZS (I think.....), VT-80 and now VT-ZF
    Lin Dan has used N90 and like 2 others but I am not confident what model it is .......

18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    He used N50 and N50-II and beat LCW with those in the tournanents he used those :) He has switched back to N90 and LD even in the YY days where not really keen on switching racket often :) He seems to be very conservative in his racket choice but messing with grip and all sorts of weird stuff :)

19. drew tze en

That is very true !! But when Lin Dan change racket people on this forum was interested what racket he was using and that is way, for Li-Ning to increase their sales

20. King's

King's Regular Member

Are you implying, that aside from the nationalistic duties of an athlete to perform, the equipments manufacturers shall be partly if not solely to blame specially in the technologies side (like aiding and abetting the successes and loses)?:D