Sonia Cheah

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Apr 17, 2013.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the point is graduated from any university in malaysia.
    might made u confuse because my english is poor
    wakakakka

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    That's a shame. Sonia must be the only pro player not to have her bio and pics up on her own thread, where even the Op doesn't really care... :( I thought she would have deserved a little more respect... Boleh? ;) :)

3. visor

visor Regular Member

A lawyer whose middle name is "Su Ya"... what do you think it stands for? ;) :p:D

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

LOL! :D Be afraid, be very afraid!

5. wanttoplaydaily

wanttoplaydaily Regular Member

6. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

Soniia has the will and determination. I would think encouragement and support from all will give her the boost.

She has the personality and grace to succeed and she spoke well in her interview which accounts for her intelligent.
    Even her studies to her name has been make into a debate and joke.

give her some due respect lah.

Give a Malaysian Woman Single a good boost and say nice thing. Haiya.

Support Her... give her a self belief we Malaysian also have a capable Ladies Single.
    Give her a chance.

7. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

That's hardly the same thing. Most Westerners complimented their sport career with education (sport physcology, sport science etc). It's very clear in their mind that sport is the thing they wanna excel at. For example Tine was studying nutrition so she knows what food to take to maintain her performance on court. Asians on the other hand take sport as a part time job, something they can do with or without. Something good to have but if they failed, they will become professional workers. So tell me how does a law degree help your badminton career?

Sure we would like to encourage her if her mind is solely about badminton. But, if she is one of the many Malaysian badminton players I seen in the past, taking sport as a alternative career then don't you think is better for her to pursue the law profession entirely so that she won't waste her time and giving other ambitious player a chance to get selected to the national team?

We are just discussing (on a general note, not targeting her particularly) how one can juggle between sport and education anyway. I hope Sonia won't take this personally. Of course, if she feels she can succeed by juggling between studies and badminton, feel free to prove me wrong, I will be more than happy to eat humble pie if she becomes the next pillar of WS in Malaysia.

8. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Of course, here's Sonia and Malaysia Boleh for you;). She is a very charming lady I must said.
    This is also a form of me showing my appreciation and support to her as a badminton player in Malaysia :cool:.

SC1.jpg SC2.jpg SC3.jpg SC4.jpg SC5.jpg SC6.jpg SC7.jpg SC8.jpg SC9.jpg SC10.jpg SC11.jpg SC12.jpg SC13.jpg SC15.jpg SC15.jpg SC16.jpg SC17.jpg SC19.jpg SC20.jpg SC21.jpg

Biodata:

Name: Sonia CHEAH Su Ya
    Birthday: 19 June 1993 (from tournamentsoftware)
    facebook account: Not known
    Personal Handphone number: Not known
    Address: Not known

My shoutout to her: Hope you can beat the crap out of all the other tops WS badminton players in the world and prove me wrong. Boleh? Mesti Boleh! :D

P/S: For those who know her, please PM me her info (especially her phone number) so that I can update her profile here ya. :p:p:p.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    maybe she want to sue someone?:eek::p
    anyway
    i hope she will prove me wrong too

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Sorry, sorry :eek:... no disrespect intended... just aninteresting observation, that's all. :)
    I do admire her intelligent play and mental strength after watching her Axiata games wins against TTY twice.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Errr... the last thing one should do is publish her handphone number here. It's intrusion of privacy :cool:

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    After watching her matches at the Axiata Cup and if she continues to improve, she will be the next no.1 WS for MAS.

13. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    I want the other girls to rise up as well, not just Sonia... :) Wong Tat Meng is on the right track here.

14. terrencelbt

terrencelbt Regular Member

No doubt, Wong Tat Meng is a good coach. Saw how Sonia played in her few matches. Sonia has good potential compared with Lydia and Jing Yi. If Sonia can increase her physical strength, agility, consistentcy and thinking side of her game, she shall be one of the world top player.

15. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I only mentioned about updating her profile, no promise about showing her handphone no here..Of course I keep the good stuff to myself:D... to cut down...Ahem...unwanted competition :p.

Opps...did something just slip from my mouth? Forget about what I just said:eek:!

16. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    She's looking good and also good looking, if you know what I mean~:D

17. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    I take a different view on this. Coming to law degree specifically, I think even badminton associations needs lawyers. Don't you think a former player cum lawyer would fit that role well provided she proves to be a good lawyer too. By being a player and a lawyer she will possess a good sports administrator acumen. Its good to have an college degree that augments a sportsperson's career like Tine's education in nutrition. But in today's world I think its up to an individual how he/she puts their education to good use. Although I am using all the big words here but its all about realizing one's potential. I see good potential in her but only time will tell whether she will succeed or not.

Its debatable that some other player is being denied a chance to get in to the national team because of her. Selectors will select Sonia not because she is working really hard to become a lawyer and a player, but because she is a better player. You are not completely wrong but I think its not her fault if she gets selected or if she is better than someone else. I am not trying to prove you wrong but its just my personal opinion and I completely understand where you are coming from. My point is what else can BAM do if there is no other better player currently available other than Sonia.

#57 rahuldarga, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol!
    ng chin cai is lawyer and they are on the same ship
    bam dont need lawyer sonia cheah:D

19. AmandaMun

AmandaMun Regular Member

student
    But she has only 2 A in SPM..considered good?

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker