Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大 ) / Yoo Yeon Seong ( 유연성 / 杻延星)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by event, Sep 12, 2013.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Nothing wrong with it if it wins the points. As a matter of fact, ever since remembering to follow Gill Clark's reminders about the first 3 shots, I've been able to take on younger players of the same level, despite me having less stamina and power compared to them. It may not be exciting but it gets the job done. :cool:

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    IMHO, 2008 was the best. Kido/Setiawan, Fu/Cai, Lee/Jung and Koo/Tan were the legendary.

3. Normal

Normal Regular Member

The 2000 - 2005 period was the best. Kim Dong Moon, Ha Tae Kwon, Yoo Yeong Sung, Lee Dong Soo, Tony Gunawan, Candra Wijaya, Sigit Budiarto, Halim Heryanto, Jonas Rasmussen, Lars Paaske, Guo Zhengdong, Zhang Jun, Rexy Mainaky, etc etc etc ... so many big names.

4. catman

catman Regular Member

Attitudes towards LYD in Korea?

How will he be treated on his return? What is the Korean culture - with regards to this situation. Is saving face a big issue? If his teams weren't doping - how will they treat him? Don't know much about the Korean culture - so thought I would ask.

5. disci

disci Regular Member

I doubt it will hurt his status in Korean culture much. They love him there because he looks like a kpop star. Plus since he isn't actually guilty of doping, they will most likely be more angry at the BWF.

Personally I hope it gets resolved quickly as I don't want to miss out on watching LYD/YYS for a whole year :(

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Explain Guo Zhengdong?

7. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

He is has "big name" compared to most chinese players

8. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    hahaha...
    He is the best aaa in china! Simply nobody else

9. losima

losima Regular Member

although in common law, a person is innocent until proven guilty. but in this case, quite sure lyd is guilty of missing the testing 3 times.

there can be circumstance excuses if u miss one, and becomes extraordinary if u miss the 2nd one.
    but to miss a 3rd consecutive testing is highly suspicious and equivalent to being guilty of doping.

the rules are clear and korean BA are not fools. even indons don't commit such silly mistakes.

based on this, i wld bet my bottom ringgit that lyd is a drug cheater.
    perhaps the entire team also as most of them can play 2 matches (in doubles).
    and the reason why he never failed competition drug test is bcos he knows exactly abt the tests, so his system can be flushed accordingly.

ppl are fooled by his 'good' looks but lance armstrong was also a handsome bloke.

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon

LYD and Kim had already been proven and found guilty. He is only appealling to reduce the sentence, not whether he is guilty or innocent.

11. YumCimil

YumCimil Regular Member

This isn't a case of "Innocent until proven guilty". He *is* guilty. He missed those tests. If he wasn't aware of the two previous warnings, or was and still didn't bother keeping them notified of his whereabouts, he's an idiot. Otherwise, he's a cheat. Either way, I'll never cheer for him again.

12. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I'd hesitate to call him a cheat. Missing anti-doping and actually doping are two completely different things. Lance Armstrong is a cheat, gold standard of all cheats. But accusing Lee Yong Dae of straight up cheating is quite a stretch.

If you do read the reports, Korean Badminton Association (KBA) admitted fault in terms of their administrative error leading to LYD and KKJ's penalty. What you have to understand is that they are very occupied players who especially for the case of LYD, have to attend functions for commercial purposes. KBA is the governing body for LYD and KKJ, who simply failed to update their information with WADA.

He is guilty of missing tests, but what he is -NOT- guilty of, is doping. Would not recommend accusing someone being a cheat or an idiot unless your fully understand what they did.

disclaimer: I also wouldn't be surprised to see KBA purposely take the blame for LYD, and wouldn't take their word that the athletes didn't dope with 100% confidence. After all, missing tests can indicate they were avoiding them, however this is complete speculation. The logic behind the claims should be understood as:
    -LYD/KKJ missed tests
    -LYD/KKJ cannot be proven guilty of doping
    -LYD/KKJ also cannot be proven innocent of doping

Therefore unless more information is revealed, then we can only settle with calling them lazy administrative non-conformers. Accusing them otherwise would be libelous.

13. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

I find the current short game with the MD exciting and refreshing. I think those days of power smashing to points may not be as efficient (it's energy sapping too). Nowadays these "net" players (ahsan setiawan yoo lyd ksr endo hayakawa) can smash great at 200km/hr at least. It's good enuf competitively (sorry z-speed).....

The current WD mostly are long rallies (lob n smash), kind of predictable n boring. But I think the Korean girls are good into the short game occasionally (eom , jang yn, kim hn)

Batminton (they shud renamed it, it's a good clean sport) has a v gd future. Hope bwf has the mojo to bring it to higher levels like the nfl or fifa.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I dont find it exciting at all, theres barely any rallies to watch anymore...the Koreans and Japanese are the exception to this, but everyone else is focussing more and more on ending the rally within the first 5 contacts, and thats not an exciting prospect at all for me....

15. visor

visor Regular Member

^ You should learn it and try it on your opponents ... then it'll be exciting to you. :)

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Does anyone know how many times, on average, would a top player be tested within a 12-month or 18-month period? thanks..

17. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student

But for non badminton-insider the most exciting discipline will be completely uninteresting...

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No, its actually pretty similar to my game, but I still dont find 3-shot rallies exciting to watch :/

19. loveallplayy

loveallplayy Regular Member

it is quite sure LYD has taken drugs to improve his performance on courts.

put it in the other way, let's say there's a law to randomly pick policeman for drug test, and the police who's been picked had missed 3 times consecutively. do u think there's problem/ misunderstanding in communications, or there's a very high chance that the police has taken drugs so he tried to avoid any test?

LYD might be good looking to some. but a good appearance doesnt make him a good person...he's actually quite cocky if u know some professional players who know LYD

20. visor

visor Regular Member

I understand... I suppose some people like me watch matches to learn, while others watch it for entertainment. Nothing wrong with either.