Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Whatever has been said of KKK-TBH, they are still Malaysia's best, PERIOD

So until someone can consistently beat them, any grouse against their demeanour falls on death ears, most definitely mine.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I would have to agree on this. Despite their shock defeats recently, MAS hopes for a medal in MD for the upcoming Beijing Olympics will rest on Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong. It will be stupid enough to think that Rexy Mainaky will even drop them and replace them with Fairuz/Zakry.

The uncles are also inconsistent themselves (despite their higher ranking currently), while Fairuz/Zakry only show a handful of good performances.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

He he, and some think it would 'bad' to include KKK/TBH, but it started cos Rexy said so in public & some jumped. But you & I know that's Rexy 'normal blasting style', tough love :D.

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes, it seems like the MDs for every country are going through the same 'up-down' syndrome. So KKK-TBH's form is only as erratic as everyone else.

5. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    The 'Drop kkk/tbh.Replace with fairuz/zakry' from rexy is a typical attack from a coach.
    Take it seriously bcoz it may happen.

I mean its working for kkk,rite?

6. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Its really works. KKK/TBH champion again after stern warning for Rexy.

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

If they are Malaysia's best, then for all the cash the government have invested in badminton plus the hiring of the best personnel available etc, the returns are pretty poor.

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I seriously think CTF/LWW is currently Malaysian's best MD pair.

9. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    not really a contender yet in my opinion. not until they prove themselves against the top players in the world. wait till the next super series. only then can we see whether they have regained their form. :D

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What's your research back up to come out with such a conclusion?.What's there to prove against the top players in the world? ctf/lww have beaten the current no. 1,2 and 3 before.
    How about showing us how far they have reached in their last 6 tournaments? Would that indicate the status of their form? Or are you making judgements based on 'impressions'?

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

If you are refering to LWW/CTF, I agree with you. They are not really a contender. LWW/CTF, I would call them nearly men.

12. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i was talking about KKK/TBH. they are not yet a contender. CTF/LWW have beaten current no 1, 2 and 3, yes, but they haven't won any tournament that involves all the top players within the last 6 months. i might be mistaken there. correct me if i am wrong. they are consistent, yes, but so far, not winners. KKK/TBH (since this is a thread about them) are the one i am saying as not yet a contender because they have lost the form that they had when they won the all england and the other SSs. so i am saying that we will have to see how they fare against the top players, to see if they have regained their true form. :)

they could be a contender, though time is fast running out as age catches up with them. at the very least, they have consistently reach the quarterfinals and even some semi finals. they could give any team a fight. :D

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I think what the others meant is out of so many MD pairs we have, 6 pairs, KKK/TBH have won the most titles, in 2007 uncles have only won A GP Gold i.e. ABC. The rest, have not won any titles, 3 pairs are senior to KKK/TBH.
    Since some would say it's not fair or equal to compare with Kido/Setiawan or Fu/Cai, since Kido/Setiawan & Fu/Cai have won WC.

Just compare KKK/TBH and Zakry/Fairuz. Fuzzy have been paired 1 year, before that they were with other partners, both 25 now, best result was together was runner up Indonesia Open 2007. So.... unless KKK/TBH does very badly in TC finals, Spore & Indonesia SS and Fuzzy does very well like wins SS titles.....

He he, Kido/Setiawan were 'low profile' too in 2007 before they won WC, "wretched form" Badmania calls it. Better to be underdogs at OG.

14. amaze

amaze Regular Member

Fully agree.....eaglehelang !

15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    For now,I dont think so.
    I was reluctant to put any hope on them in olympic.
    They can play,that was good enough.
    If they can suprised me,then bravo uncles.

16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I will seriously not hoping them to win in th next tour.
    If they can regain the form slow n steady,i think thats better.
    Let beijing be the place for them to peak.

17. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Not making them as champion again.Inspires kkk/tbh to be a champion again.

I think if thats the theory,then students will always get A when the teacher scolede them in public la?Doesnt happen that way.

18. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    We'll keep doing this until we found the best.
    Bam did a good job.
    At least we can still say badminton is one of the most profitable sport in malaysia.

Man u took 220 years to be world-renowned.For me,the best in the world.
    For malaysia,still a long way to go.

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

When you say BAM did a good job, I would say it depends on your standards. If you compare us badminton wise to nations such as Thailand, Singapore, HK, Taiwan, France, Germany, India, Pakistan, East Timor, Brunei, Canada etc etc, yeah, I would agree BAM did a good job. A great job even!

But if we measure ourselves against Indonesia, S Korea, Denmark, China or even England, I would say we came out short big time.

For the amount of money our government have been injecting into the sport every year, plus the rewards put forward, we dont really have much to show in our trophy cabinet. For example, when was the last time we won the Thomas Cup??

As for your MU thingy, I suggest you re-look back at their history. And NO it did not take the club 220 years to be 'world-renowned', as you put it. And by the way, MU measure themselves against the AC Milans, Real Madrids, Liverpools, you dont see them comparing with the likes of Kedah, Selangor, Kelantan, Sabah etc.

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

In the run-up to the Olympics, do you compare past achievements or current form???