Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Both. Rexy looks into more than current form. Fuzzy (& the other 4 young pairs) arent doing very much better in 2008, sometimes 'fuzzy', sometimes clear. KKK/TBH as stratch pair did much better than KKK/CCM combo to be selected for AG 2006.
    Already discussed & analysed, there are reasons why some of us predict Rexy will send KKK/TBH to OG, including the non Msians(who actually will be happy if KKK/TBH dont go).
    We wait for Rexy's decision end of April.

#341 eaglehelang, Apr 4, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I would like to hold my breath and be super optimistic but I am sorry to say KKK/TBH wont be taking that gold in Beijing.

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I don't even have to be super optimistic to know they have a great chance of winning that gold in Beijing.

I don't see any other doubles pair so outstanding that they can dominate any other team today -- so why would KKK-TBH not have a chance ? Which pair in your mind do you think will win -- please tell me.

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lets back track a little, KKK/TBH lost to some patched up Korean pair, then they got themselves nicely bundled out in the 1st round of the AE and then followed by another beating at the SO. Well, kinda put a damper on that "We are ready to plunder in Europe" battlecry, eh?

They came back home, and in the NGP, they lost to some reserve local pair. So much for the 'I dont see any other doubles pair so outstanding ...'.

If you think KKK/TBH still have a chance to take that gold in Beijing, well, I must say I respect your optimism & all. But as for me, sorry I still say KKK/TBH will be looking at an early exit in Beijing, followed by a tour of the Great Wall and the local discos in Beijing.

And now, for your "Which pair in your mind do you think will win" and that little "please tell me" thingy??? My friend, you have predicted two gold medals in badminton for Msia sometime back and you have yet to tell me where and how this 2 gold medals will come from. ;)

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Please Note

In the hope that it will deter rudeness, X_Ball is banned for a day.

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Of course, a number of posts have been deleted as well :p

7. eaglehelang

I already know extremely (X20) well you think that, which you already repeated for many months, dont have to repeat or concerned I dont know. You dont have to be concerned "Malaysia Boleh" fans dont know it, this is also reported in the press every 3 days or so.

The posts preceding that was about who Rexy will sent to OG, a few saying KKK/TBH not contender, some said uncles stronger. The part on KKK/TBH taking gold or not has already been discussed in other threads many, many times.

Examples of other current top pairs before & after their WC wins(the 2004 OG winner for MD has retired, so they didnt compare) had also been given many, many times, not by "msian hordes" but non Msians(those who bother to entertain you) who would like no more than their country's MD to win.

At this point, no one can be sure about OG gold in MD, also already discussed many times.
    Since Msia have not won OG before, we can only go on what we have, and so far, between the 3 pairs (uncles, fuzzy & KKK/TBH) only KKK/TBH had actually hacked it at the bigger tourneys - AG & AE. They had the cutting edge, they need to get it back. Uncles 'edge', after all these years, have not been able to cut thoroughly, Fuzzy have not made their 'edge' sharp enuf yet.

We know very well which pair KKK/TBH lost to in National GP, at least we know the 6 senior MD pairs well enuf to know Gan/Lin are not junior or back-up/reserve pair.

Korea's Lee/Jung, the reigning AE, Swiss Open champs & 2007 WC runner-up, just lost to China's 2nd MD, Xie/Guo in India Open Semis. Could be Lee/Jung tired after so many tourneys, it's a one time thing or China found the formula to beat them some of the times. This is the same pair that beat the current WR #1, Kido/Setiawan in SO finals. Also the same pair that beat our uncles in AE Semis. Lee/Jung were pretty 'quiet' before & after WC 2007, till AE 2008.

Xie/Guo are going OG, come OG, if they meet again or by then other countires found the formula to beat the Koreans.....<shrug>, who knows.....

8. joe-asap

joe-asap Regular Member

GOV'T EMPLOYEE
    Hope this does not promote anymore animosity but i think KKK/TBH, despite their poor form of late, is still one of malaysia's best bet at winning gold in the coming O.G. The other being LCW. So to categorically state that they will not win is quite unfair.Every one of the top mens doubles pairing is quite capable winning, specially with the rally-point scoring system. Still, everybody is entitled to their own opinions

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My dear,

Please dont get confused. I dont really care what the Malaysia Boleh fans know or dont know. This is a badminton forum, of course there will be issues which will be discussed regularly. :rolleyes: Just because you find one issue not to your taste, it doesnt mean "already been discussed many many times".

"Those who bother to entertain me"?? You really like to put yourself on the pedestal, eh?

As for your comments "not by Msian hordes but non Msians ...", my dear, again, please note that in a forum such as this, there are bound to be various nationalities.

Sure, sure no pair is guaranteed the gold in Beijing. Even a 3 year old knows that. BUT based on form and to some extend past results, we can conclude there are a few pairs who will be favourites to bag that gold.

I am sorry I dont agree with you on KKK/TBH having had that cutting edge (if thats allowed). I am sorry, KKK/TBH are looking more like a flash in the pan.

As for KKK/TBH defeat to Gan/Lin, no matter how creative you try to package it, you cant ran away from the fact that they lost to some pair which is way down the pecking order. Your "at least we know the 6 senior MD pairs well enuf to know Gan/Lin are not junior or back-up/reserve pair" is petty.

I am indeed looking forward to the ABC ... :D

10. eaglehelang

LOL, you just pretending not to know, this has already been discussed in "Zakry/Fairuz replace KKK/TBH... thread and other OG threads. Msia MD will be underdogs, we know that too.
    I'm just saying I already know what you think about the OG thingy, you dont have to keep repeating it, if you keep repeating means you think I forget mah. If you really dont care, why bother to post "Hopefully Msia Boleh fans can see the light" or say "I put it to you..."

Well...If you find the "Gan/Lin" thingy petty, then I find your repeated comments on KKK's "plundering Europe" press statement & reading too much in Rexy's press statement on "National GP & ABC" along the same lines.
    That is an example of - you find others' statements petty, others can also find yours petty, that's putting it nicely as direct as I can possibly can. :)

So, in summary, you find my posts 'comical', too illogical, 'bordering on emotional', 'bordering on nonsensical", 'shallow', 'confused' or not to your taste, you dont have to spend time to read or reply them, since it would be beneath you.;) +plus the fact, most of it started from you commenting on my replies to other ppl. Either that or you just purposely want to provoke for entertainment.

You dont have to bother or convince me by repeating the same statements for so many months, I already know them + updates.
    To say more direct (again), what does matter to you what a 'comical' eagle's opinions are, since in real life we are only 20%, 80% subscribe to your view(since some here think you're minority & we are ganging up on you), unless you want to convince the 20% to go over & make it 100%.

11. amaze

amaze Regular Member

Deall all

Shall we look forward ? Let's not be old broken records. Especially our concerned, I presume, young gentleman, Mr Pemuda.

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I am not going to go on a merry-go-round ride with you.
    This thread is about KKK/TBH going downhill. And I believe KKK/TBH are not only going downhill, they are tumbling down infact. After the beating by some handiplast Korean pair, the early exits at AE & SO and the beating by Gan/Lin, this thread is like the icing on the cake.

I have no idea what majority and minority thing you are talking about. And trust me, I have no intention to find out either.

Words are cheap, the ABC is just round the corner. And the ABC is certainly a better yardstick to measure KKK/TBH. So, I cant wait to hear whats the excuses this time round. ;)

13. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Curious to see what you consider an acceptable performance by KKK/TBH on the upcoming ABC? :confused:

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    that is what this thread is all about. The outlook (ie, forward looking) for them is downhill. If u want a uphill outlook, look backward.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    to qtr final: neutral position
    to semi final: trending upward
    to the final: lotta posts from kkk/tbh fans
    winning the title: pinch yourself to make you're not dreaming

#355 cooler, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

As the current world number 5, at least the semis. Fair? ;)

17. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Fair. Since Fu/Cai and Markis/Hendra will not be taking part in the ABC, KKK/TBH will be the 3rd seeds.

18. eaglehelang

Sorry mods, off-topic

<Sigh> Yeah, right, as if dont know:rolleyes:
    Well....... I've hinting in 3 different threads for 3 weeks, you still continue to comment on my replies to others, AND many times misunderstood the statements(which just happened in this thread too), so......I have to say it more directly.

To put it even more direct, if you dont like my "comical" or stupid sounding posts, dont have waste your time to busybody & comment on my replies to others, and thereafter that it will degrade to ridicule & labels like what I've already posted, there were more but by now I think the mods deleted some of them (think of how your reaction will be if people called you the same adjectives), since you already know my stand.

If you still do, then I'll take it as you purposely want to disturb for the sake of entertainment, and that's saying it nicely. He he, either that, or you think "too highly" of an eagle's statements to be bothered enuf to comment.

And you dont have to repeat the 1st paragraph in case I dont know, I know extremely well your take on the issue.;):p

ABC - if they really do reach Semis, and you say it's not good enuf....hmmmmmm, not new, not new. Nothing less than OG gold will be satisfactory.

#358 eaglehelang, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  19. eaglehelang

:D:D, kah kah, smart is you, good play of words.

ABC :
    Naaahh, the expectation is nothing less than finals, they got to finals last year. That's the expectations Msian players must live up to.

If they only got QF or Semis, there'll be ehem......general hammering.
    If Fuzzy pair much better, say progress to finals & they crash out rd 1 or 2, bad. more hammering.
    If Fuzzy pair crash out early rounds, they progress to Semis, ok. For OG, depends whether Rexy is satisfied enuf to name them for OG. If Rexy is, less hammering.
    If all senior MD pairs crash out(CCM/CCe not counted) & only them left standing, a bit better.

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You making an assumption here??