It's time for Misbun Sidek to work for Malaysian Badminton without BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 7, 2011.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

BAM cant just relying on LCW and MIsbun all the time.......they have to start to produce another batch of talents........

Its a good thing for both Misbun/LCW and BAM and for MAS badminton also.........if they split.

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

BAM needs LCW and Misbun to satisfy the ever-hungry NSC, BAM officials at the top and also many BCers, otherwise the whole MAS world of badminton turn upside down... because MAS supporters hate to see someone who can win but still lose like KKK/TBH... but LCW does his job!

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    true, very true :)

few words only can actually makes a lot of difference if one really looks into it:);)

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, without BAM, LCW and Misbun still can survive as a independent player to compete for MAS under BAM flag and still representing MAS in all tournaments.

Without LCW/Misbun, BAM can use the fund to grow more new talents as they dont have LCW to rely on any more as BAM player.

Its good for MAS badminton developement.........

But if kkk/tbh wanted to leave BAM, I think they will never make it to the top again because they dont have the strong displine to organize their own training........they will go clubbing more than training......lol

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I think KKK/TBH knows this also... lol thats why they never try to leave BAM... because I think they also should be not happy with top

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    ...because I think they also should be not happy with top...

Not happy with top......? :confused::confused::confused:

Your sentence stopped suddenly. :eek::eek::eek:

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Top means the big shot in Bam;)

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Top = Boss

Oh I see; Top = Boss. :):):)

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    What they can do is to perhaps start a Professional Badminton Association? ;) Misbun is one of the very first to go pro anyway. ;)

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Associations/Clubs in Malaysia

I believe you are talking about Professional Badminton Associations/Clubs in Malaysia. :):):)

But there are already some Professional Badminton Associations/Clubs set up in Malaysia; for example, the KLRC, the Nusa Mahsuri, etc, etc, ......

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I supported Misbun because he has worked hard for Malaysian Badminton

I have received some messages stating that they (some BCers) are happy that I have supported Misbun. I supported Misbun because he has worked hard for Malaysian Badminton.

BAM has too much politics to deal with; I find that our sport (Badminton) is not BAM's first/main priority.

12. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It is not that BAM has politics, its more like BAM is subject to interference from politicians for decades.

Read Rajes Paul's open commentary in Star today which someone will post sooner or later and you will get the picture.

It is true to say Misbun has done a lot but he is not necessarily bigger than the BAM as stipulated by some and hoped for by many.

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star.

Maybe now the picture is clearer. With contributions from Bcers?

Sunday January 9, 2011 Misbun either an opportunist or victim of BAM’s strait-jacket system

COMMENT
    By RAJES PAUL

WAS money the reason behind the recent resignation of national badminton coach Misbun Sidek?
    Was it because of his “ambitious and audacious” plan to build an empire outside of the clasp of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) as an independent entity?
    Or was it simply because an emotional and sensitive Misbun could not handle criticism?
    After all, the man, who is so passionate about the game, may feel that he had delivered the goods – being the guiding force behind the success of world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei and several others since joining the BAM’s stable of coaches in 2003.
    Yes, he did make some demands, which he felt were justified, and was disappointed when they were shot down. Thus, leading to his eventual resignation on Dec 31 via e-mail.
    But then again, it could well be because of the weak system in the BAM itself.
    Is Misbun selfish or selfless? Is he an opportunist or a victim of BAM’s fragile system?
    Except for the controversial Misbun, everyone else seems to have his or her own version of the coach’s dramatic exit.
    Some had even passed judgement, saying: “Let the trouble maker go!”
    But he may still stay on.
    It all depends on the maverick coach’s meeting with Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek and BAM president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh today.
    Whether he stays or not, there are “perks” for Misbun.
    He draws more than RM20,000 a month and also endorses some products together with his blue-eyed boy Chong Wei.
    He may not earn as much when he rejoins Nusa Mahsuri and continue doing what he likes most – training youngsters.
    But hang on, there is an even bigger “perk” in store for him – he will be joined by Chong Wei.
    Chong Wei is ready to follow his coach out the exit door and pursue his career with his coach by his side – at least until the 2012 London Olympic Games.
    It is learnt that several sponsors, including Li Ning, are queuing up to offer millions of ringgit to Chong Wei and his coach Misbun if they choose to be professionals.
    With the Datuk Lee Chong Wei Hall set to be ready in March, the shuttler is ready to go pro – with the blessings of the Youth and Sports Ministry and National Sports Council (NSC).
    The Ministry and the NSC are not concerned with whom Chong Wei is affiliated to. They will be happy if he can play in the major events like the Olympic Games.
    True, the issue of allowing shuttlers to turn professional could have been sorted out earlier if the BAM had had a more structured guideline.
    But it is still better to be late than never.
    After all, the window of opportunity for a player is short. So, why not maximize it by playing as many tournaments as possible – and raking in the big bucks at the same time?
    There is one catch, though.
    Will Chong Wei get the blessings from BAM if he decides to leave as well?
    It is the association who endorse the participation of all players in international tournaments.
    By accepting Misbun’s resignation and allowing Chong Wei to walk out, the BAM may find themselves beset with various problems.
    They will no longer have control of Chong Wei. They will not be able to use Chong Wei as sparring partner for their budding players.
    And, the most important part of all, they will not have as many as sponsors trying to hitch a ride on their bandwagon any more.
    BAM have invested a lot of money on Chong Wei and it is only natural that they would want to ride on his success for as long as they can.
    BAM’s other option is to say goodbye to Misbun but not to Chong Wei.
    But they are sure to come under fire for doing this – especially from the powers that be.
    This leaves BAM with one last option – make peace with Misbun, give in to his demands or strike a compromise.
    Whatever they opt to do, the BAM will find themselves in a fix. But this is one problem created by them.
    And they are paying the price for neglecting their development programme.
    If only they had more than one Chong Wei in their pool, they could have accepted Misbun’s resignation without much hue and cry, wish Chong Wei all the best (if he follows suit) and get back to business – working on others ready to bring glory and honour to the country.
    But that is one luxury they do not have.
    And it looks like Misbun will get his way after all.

14. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    if i may say so, rajes paul comment has pointed to us to see bam will be the eventual party to swallow the pill :D

but then its not neccessary for the whole bam to be at fault totally.

unless we hear from the next crucial meeting what actually happened inside the association we can't be sure. :D

i think most probably president n will call for a post mortem on the matter concerned.

lastly and coincidentally, most of the options by rajes have been brought up by bc members in the several threads created :D

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

What a bad timing, with elections round the corner politicians will want a popular decision.

Then most likely the Training Committee will feel redundant on its first challenge, the chairman will realise that the committee

is a paper tiger and dissolve it and personally run the committee personally and we are all back to square one!

Its like enacting a law to fight corruption and then deciding that certain people are exempt from prosecution, then people will

think there are double standards and have no more respect for the law.

Let's hope that doesn't happen it would not be good for Malaysian badminton!

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    As I said BAM is so screwed and deservedly so being run by a bunch of clowns;)

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Like that better let BC members run BAM, we've been giving comments for free, lol :p:D

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I thought Misbun is the head coach for Nusa Mahsuri club? So i think he will still continue coach there to produce world class baddy players?;)

19. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    limsy president. ms vice president. extremenanopowe just collect cheque... ;)

the rest are of bcers are ball pickers with cheques also... can? boleh? lol. ;)

Am sure victor will also chip in. Maybe Yonex will break from the ranks and follow lcw? Big money you know. My guess is lcw carries more weights compared to BAM. LCW can easily walk to any sponsor and ask for cash... ;) Even Looi BA can chip in.

So, back to square one. MS the techies for president? I doubt the politicians will allow this to happen. ;)

Enjoy the drama.... ;)

20. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    what free?:D lagi pay internet fee some more:eek::p