LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. aishan lyceum

aishan lyceum New Member

Badminton Player
    Hi guys,

I think the 19 kg concept is that it can hold a object which weighs 19kg in the string bed without the shaft breaking off.I dont think that it can be strung up to 42 pounds as then it will be similar to a tennis racket,no way you can play badminton holding the racket with two hands.Gutting the racket to such an extent will cause serious injuries when playing badminton with that racket.

Thanks.

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

No one has actually claimed that the shaft flexibility can actually change. Honestly you have not read what the others posted regarding this subtle feel of the shaft flexing more, and why.

On the other hand I wonder how adding more overall weight to the racquet (especially at the butt end) can you actually increase manoeuvrability of a racquet when the whole thing physically feels heavier in the hand as you claimed:

#542 Blitzzards, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  3. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i'm not expert to explain how, but just take simple example..let say u want hammering a nail by holding at the end of handle, do u find easy (in term of accuracy) to hammer it?.. and now u add weight at end of handle to counter balance the weight of hammer. then without losing power, u will feel easy to hammer the nail right?...

4. Blitzzards

No. By doing so the hammer will now feel heavier and I will have to rest after a less number of hits to regain energy. There is still no difference in accuracy unless I hold the handle closer to the hammer head and even then there is no need to add counter weight at the other end.

If you don't believe me, use a weigh. Compare the overall weight between the hammer itself to the hammer plus whatever you want to add to it to make it seem less head heavy to you. Simple physics, really.

The difference between a hammer and a racquet is that you can hold the hammer right in the middle to gain more control of the head weight. With a racquet the handle grip has limited length and I doubt you can hold the racquet by the thin shaft.

5. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    go back to question..why player put the weight at end of butt cap?

6. Iori

Iori Regular Member

I think he is making the butt cap wider to prevent his hand from slipping when he holds the handle at the very end.

7. Blitzzards

If you look carefully at Carsten Mogensen's racquet, you would notice that he uses towel grips, and he has a bulge or ridge at the butt cap to prevent his grip from sipping of the handle when he grips low to smash. He is not adding weight to the butt cap but is making the said ridge using athlete's tape as shown in the photo.

The tape adds considerable weight (probably 1 - 2 grams) but it is not like the significant weight that you're talking about.

8. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
  9. King's

King's Regular Member

I must agree with Blitzzards regarding Carsten's grip-slip prevention.

Obviously hinting on adding weight at the butt end meant altering an original racquet in general (It does make it heavier from end to end after the augmentation while the shaft has to auger at its original flex).

What you said first is really a query (you already had a preconceived answer but perhaps doubtful or just wanted to hammer or nail a point). Your intent really wasn't making a question (enquiry)...thus comes in the RSL advert.

Now the RSL advert is only applicable to their non-altered/non-customised original racquet spec.

P.S. The hammer comparison is quite different because the whole length of the handle does not flex in the same manner as the racquet shaft (only the vibration is much harsher).

#549 King's, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  10. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i stick to my point, adding a little weight at butt cap will increase racket maneuverability.

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Adding weight on the handle will never increase maneuvrability. It's simple, absolutely basic mechanics - adding weight to something will not decrease the moment of inertia. It may change how the racket feels (slightly), but it'll only be a feeling and you won't be any quicker actually.
    You may increase control a bit as you're now handling a heavier racket, whereas the head weight hasn't changed - but that's personal preference and not applicable to everyone. This has also been discussed to death in other threads, with no definite result.

Back to topic, now :)

The ZF seems to be quite popular already - is it the next Yonex classic? Or just the next VT80 (hyped up at release, but abandonded quickly by many)?

12. Blitzzards

You are missing the point here.

If you read carefully what you posted:

You will notice the quote "improves manoeuvrability when gripping higher up the handle", which is exactly what I posted in the first place in reply to your hammer analogy.

Now the more important point is "changes the feel of the racket by altering the balance point". It is what King's mentioned when he said it makes the racquet feel slightly more flexible (my explanation is above, please read).

Moreover, simple physics logic will tell you that increased weight will not improve manoeuvrability of a racquet, as what I have explained (also in reply to your hammer analogy, please scroll up and read).

How scientifically correct is the RSL advertisement anyway? For instance when Yonex claimed that Tan Boon Heong clocked in a smash at 421km/h and entered that into the Guiness World records, Zhan Jun played around with the same technology and clocked in at 502km/h at the Yonex booth at Malaysia Open 2012.

Truth will only be available for those who search with intelligence and not for those who follow others blindly

13. King's

King's Regular Member

Seems there was more hype with the Z-Slash than it was with VT80. But yes, I wanted for ZF to be that good in my hands as opposed to what it is claimed for!:cool:

14. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    first u argued about my statement, then now argued about RSL advertisement..huuuuhhh.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Good god. As if RSL employed any real engineers -.- Just because a racket company states something as a fact, it's not necessarily true. The adjustable butt cap is simply for comfort, not to actually gain speed by ADDING weight. THINK for once, and don't follow ads blindly.

16. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    did i mentioned increase speed or / and power?

17. King's

King's Regular Member

j4ckie, are you getting a GR or GP coded racquet at your end for the ZF?

Stands for, Zo Fun?:D

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yes you did - maneuvrability is very nearly the same in this context. However, I could've written "...improve maneuvrability by adding weight.", it's still the same - maneuvrability is increased by
    -better aerodynamics reducing air resistance
    -lower weight (with same BP) reducing moment of inertia
    -lower BP (with same weight) reducing moment of inertia
    or a mix of the above. Lowering the BP by adding weight at the bottom will increase the overall weight and result in the same moment of inertia as before (looking just at the rotation around the handle, not the overall movement, where the m.o.i. will increase by adding weight).

If you seek a way to improve your speed, just warm up with a training/squash racket - if you get used to the higher weight, your forearm muscles will be more tense and your gripping action will be harder. You'll lose touch on the soft shots, though.

@King's: If I decided to get one, it would be a GR coded one - although I'm pretty sure that won't be soon, as I just stocked up on rackets which cost half what Yonex will charge for the ZF. And as I have no sponsor, money is a big motivator now that I break rackets occasionally ;)

19. Alegend

Alegend Regular Member

-
    Vtzf

[video]http://www.yonexusa.com/images/badminton/Yonex-Badminton-splashpage.swf[/video]
    [flash]http://www.yonexusa.com/images/badminton/Yonex-Badminton-splashpage.swf[/flash]

20. Alegend

Alegend Regular Member

-