KKK, what are you doing!

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2009' started by cxytdn, May 18, 2009.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    So, tell me why LD got bashed for 15 pages, when he put away the hat in MO? He was mad, but did not put his anger to anyone in that incident. :rolleyes: Sure, back then, fans say "that will piss off the sponsorship, therefore, bring bad image to badminton".

So, tell me this sign will not let any sponsorship or fans (ok, say western only) think twice? :rolleyes:

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Nope, we didnt say it's ok, That's not the main point, the reply was specifically to your "a well taught 3 yr old " statement. Since you think all & sundry should know what it means..... Get it? A 40++ yr old GUY asked me what's the meaning of that gesture in western culture. ;)

LD refusing the wear the hat thingy was not good PR, showed disrespect to the local culture, in public. It meant or could be taken to mean that LD did not respect the culture of the country. Like the host give a souvenir or lay out the choice food & the guest refuse to take it, considered very impolite.

It's like insulting the host country and saying 'This is a stupid country, headgear also so weird/stupid, dont want to wear.'
    + LD as an Asian is expected to know those norms(which made some others more pissed off)

THe racket thowing incident...well... that has been discussed ad nauseum

KKK is pissed off with either his racket or himself & swore at the racket (it seems), all of this directed at himself. So happen it's caught on camera, it's not right but it was not directed at other ppl .

#22 eaglehelang, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, so, when we make a mistake, we simply hope "others may not know"? :eek: From when the world is changed to be, "it's ok to be at fault, as long as a long of others did not see, did not hear, or do not understand?" A fault is a fault, period. Regardless who finds it, who understand it or not.

This event is broadcast in TV and internet, so you can not say even if the locals may not know it, then it's fine. Btw, seriously, do you think Asia was still in 1950 or something? There are enough CHN, HK and TW movies I watched here, with young ppl showing the sign in movie. If you think the general public does not know about it, they will include such? :rolleyes:

So, LD put away the hat is disrespect the local, because he did in in public. So, Koo is fine, where did he do it? Not in the pubic? :mad: So, LD is expect to know what he did is wrong... So, Koo does not even know what he did you tell me? Of course Koo knows it, and he did it anyway. :cool:

Ok, whether a 3 years old should know, or a teen, or a 30 years should know, it does not change the fact of "being wrong". Many kids does not know the illegal drugs, until teens or twenties, then you tell me illegal drugs is ok? :eek:

4. eaglehelang

I already replied on that, it should be very obvious what it actually meant. :rolleyes: Errr, some said LD threw down the hat during the ceremony, even worse. ANd back then, if I remember correctly, the higher ups were pissed off, effectively LD pissed off the whole country.:p
    The 15 pages if I recall correctly was for the racket throwing incident.:confused::confused:

And........after all the incidents, did LD get less sponsorship? Did Taufik get less sponsorship for being a bad boy? And seriously, what they did, were more serious incidents(esp esp the racket throwing one), it's not picking on LD.

#24 eaglehelang, May 18, 2009
  5. eaglehelang

I didnt say it's right, read again. You all can defend2 LD during the racket throwing incident, some more want to say2 in a smaller incident.

#25 eaglehelang, May 18, 2009
  6. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    everyone make mistakes.......even god..

7. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Just showed that he is a bad boy. Nothing more. As long as its not to provoke other parties.

8. headphones

headphones Regular Member

lolwut

(15char.)

9. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

That's the beauty of live television..

..to a certain extent. That's one of the downside of a live television broadcast. Imagine if vulgar words were used/heard???..A tv producer does have a choice to edit/not show such clip, but then the broadcast will be delayed..

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think it's futile to defend such an act. Are u saying kkk has a mental of 3 yr old too? Come on, he knows what it mean, that's what count.

If i swear at u in eskimo or danish but because u don't understand it, does that make it ok???

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yonex is having a bad year. They are out of china team, korea team, not in the sudirman finals, and now, kkk (MAS) is cursing it:D

13. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    That's what he thinks of his NS9900 :p.

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Let's not get into a history class. There's no need to peel all the dirt, when I am talking about case A, you try to put case B in. Whether A is worse, or B is worse, that's NOT important. The important is, both are wrong.

Btw, I was referring LD taking hats off, not throwing rackets. So, no need to throw in more stuff which is clearly has NOTHING to do with this case. Maybe for once, LD is the good boy on the day. ;)

Whether LD was an bad example in his incident, that's the past, and that's NOT the topic for this one. Lowering others, does not make yourself is right.

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

That's exactly the point. He clearly knows what he's doing, and most of us clearly know what he's doing.

So, LD taking off the hat in the public sending a wrong message to the public (while, mostly only hosting nation), then Mr. Koo sending a message (whether to himself, the racket, the court, the public, LYB, whatever) is... hmmm...

As a public figure, he owns the public an explaination and an apology. Simply hiding behind, and pray that most of fans do not understand (or, refuse to understand) is a not a smart idea. :eek:

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

actually i think kkk/tbh does have a decent chance to beat fu/cai in the MD SC. After taking the first game, kkk weakness emerges again. In pemuda's words, he gone cocky. KKK and tbh played too casually in critical moments. Even gillian clarke took the words out of my mouth, it is 'criminal' to be so casual at the net ( KKK's foot flat on the mat, knees not bend to intercept an easy shot that went pass him. He was like standing up leisurely waiting at the food line)

17. eaglehelang

That was NOT the main point, & 2X i clarified to LazyBuddy, I didnt say it was ok or right. It's you all interpret it so.

18. DonnyGan

DonnyGan Regular Member

Logistics
    affected party should be Yonex. :D

19. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    LOL...

Now I know why KKK "fingered" his Yonex racket... KKK must have been thinking about getting out of his Yonex sponsorship by giving his Yonex racket "the finger" in front of public television, then get the attention of Li-Ning by screaming like a b*tch every time he does an overhead shot.;)

Just imagine the next Li-Ning commerical...
    "Our rackets are better than Yonex, let's us show you what a professional badminton player's opinion on Yonex racket", then shows the famous KKK middle fingered his own Yonex racket. LOL

#39 bananakid, May 18, 2009
  20. eaglehelang

Sigh, that was not the main point, once again you mis-interpret. The same as the other incidents, dont blow it out of porportion. LD fans can say that during those incidents...so....

And remember, you started the "LD taking hats off" thing 1st, and made long, long, paragraphs abt that and the racket throwing incident, etc ;). I was just explaining in reply(since you ask ppl to tell you why, why), and then you misinterpret some more.......some more rant, rant.

There're other incidents like stamping of shuttle, throwing temper, kicking umpire's podium(even the diciplined Korean MD did that bf), etc,etc, you all dont make a big fuss, just a few comments.... this one you want to make big fuss.;):D
    (Unless of course Yonex wants to sue KKK for insulting their rackets)

And yet again, I didnt say it's ok or right make that gesture (it's you interpret it so). Just no need make super big fuss(the others already said or implied that). This is the 3rd thread talking abt it.

#40 eaglehelang, May 18, 2009