Cai Yun ( 蔡赟 ) and Fu Haifeng ( 傅海峰 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by labyrinthian, Jun 1, 2005.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Cai yun meets Caroline. Wozniacki of tennis;)
    [video=youtube;3vFH-h4FTq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vFH-h4FTq0[/video]

2. RyuHayabusa999

RyuHayabusa999 Regular Member

Businessman
    What happened to Cai Fu in China Open 2011.....Why did their names not appear in qurter finals...Anyone?

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

4. the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one Regular Member

Physician
    can anyone update this thread? wanna see some pics of the pair :)

5. fengyunfan

fengyunfan Regular Member

There are many pictures of this pair, if you could read Chinese.

Two pictures of them on the Chinese New Year party. Img3371273_n.jpg Img3371276_n.jpg

6. fengyunfan

fengyunfan Regular Member

15th/Jan/2012 2011 CCTV (China Central Television) Sports Personality Awarding Ceremony( Chinese version of the Laureus World Sports Awards), The Best Pair Award was presented to Cai Yun& Fu Haifeng.

Attached Files:

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    OG12 dream. last hurrah... ;)

8. TimothyHsu

TimothyHsu Regular Member

high schooler
    Best of luck to them in London!

9. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    what is cai and fu's plan after the olympic ??
    anyone know ?? become coach or keep playing ??

10. floweryond

floweryond Regular Member

Engineering Designer
    4a36acc9tb5217e25bc13&690.jpg

This is the cover of badminton magzine Jan., 2012. The title "风云有约:伦敦不是绝唱" means they will keep playing after OG. ;)

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Glad to hear it...They are still playing after 2012 OG.. Cool...

12. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    wah, that's good....
    the world of badminton will be still in high standard :D

13. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It is an extremely uphill task for them to win it because any pair can beat as easily as how they beat the other pair...

It's 50-50 chance for them in every match...i hope they change and improve their tactics rather than going for the power play all the time...

14. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Are you talking about playing LYD and JJS, because they sure do get into a lot of finals for 50/50 odds in any giving match?

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Dont rate their chances based on number of appearances. You judge them with their matches against many opponents.. i notice they do struggle a lot especially against Malaysia and Indonesia pairs. the difference is they have more experience and nerve to handle tight matches..

Jung/Lee are different. At their best and when Jung Jae Sung wasnt injured like back in Korea Open 2012, they were unbeatable..no pair at the moment can take a set from them...only the Chinese could. In contrast, Cai/Fu struggled quite a lot against many pairs....check their recent matches.

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    To add on that, i will say Jung and Lee stand a better chance of winning the Gold unless my Jinx theory applied to Koreans as well hahaha.

17. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Of course I'm going to use their number of appearances in the final to influence my opinion in regards to their chances of winning.:rolleyes: It clearly shows us that they have been consistently better than 50/50, even if it was just experience and nerves, which i do not agree is the case. You don't have to fix, what isn"t broken!

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That's a load of crap. JJS/LYD have not won a single World Championship, even though they were in top condition for more than one. JJS's shoulder injury was nearly completely gone in the KO, or he wouldn't have smashed so much and so hard. He was probably not in peak condition, but neither was FHF - just take a look at his right knee....and he even finished with CY's racket when his ran out :D

And why should we not rate their chances on number of appearances?? They haven't struggled with any Malaysian pair for the last year, and no Indonesian pair was able to beat them. The only dangerous one is Septano/Ahsan, and they really don't stand a chance...the only pairs able to beat CY/FHF with any kind of consistency are Boe/Mogensen, JJS/LYD and Setiawan/Kido, and the last have grown old and in Kido's case even fatter. Those three pairs have a net player who can take on CY, which is the key to beating them. No other pair in the world has that kind of player.
    And they probably lost a few games in earlier rounds because they didn't feel the need to go all out and got surprised...happens to many players when playing someone who is on a much lower level.

I'm not saying CY/FHF are the strongest pair in the world or should win the OG easily, but it's really stupid to say they have about 50/50 chances against any pair.

19. yves.

yves. Regular Member

Student
    Great to hear that they're going to continue, they're my favorite pair to watch. I think that they, like Lin Dan, are able to raise their game when the really big occasion comes, that's why they're 4 times world chmapions. That's why to me, they are the slight favorites for London 2012.

20. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Kido and Setiawan have failed to qualify for the Olympics and defend their title..which is really shameful bow out from the world of badminton...I expect nothing less from them since they are only 27ish.

Among the top pairs currently, I can see Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng are the most vulnerable one against upsets. If you have good net player like you said and decent defense, chances of you beating Cai/Fu is higher. Malaysian pair nearly beat them in a thriller game last time they met but they lost because they have Koo Kien Keat who only cares about being an entertainer rather than winner.

What i am saying is simply to beat Cai/Fu isnt easy but is not impossible. Compared to Jung/Lee, Jung and Lee are the hardest to beat....you cant smash for points...you gotta deploy clever tactics and not just rely on power play to win. Their defense is too hard to break coupled with Lee Yong dae's creativity in angular deflections.

Hendra Setiawan can beat them at his best...unfortunately we wont get to see them in action this time.. the other tactic is to play dirty and mind games like Boe and Mogensen, that's the way to break their rhythm and score cheap points despite being unethical.