Malaysian Juniors 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by gemini12, Dec 13, 2009.

1. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

i think that this year it is difficult to match last year performance.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    in team event
    korea is not the threat in my opinion
    indonesia(3 doubles) and china,yes;)
    with ow yao han not playing xd with lai,i dont know which will be our best bet

but still
    there is fighting chance
    junior event is nice to watch because u can never know who will win until the end if u didnt watch it,because we dont know most of them:)

3. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

i think Ow will be ready to play by then. hopefully.

This year, Malaysia will have a choice of two girls in the single in the team event and it is good as there will be no over dependant on one player.

As for the boys - i think they will play Zulfadli in most of the matches.

Actually in girls doubles- they too have two choices if Malaysia dares to.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hopefully so:(

who?lee/chow?
    hmm

5. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

hey Limsy... i thought u have it all...

well not exactly... why dont u do an analysis like what u always do. Inclusive of single players like yr post tournament but now the pre tournament.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    u should know there is many bolehians+non bolehians out there
    waiting chance to attack or shoot
    so
    i cant say something like i am confident that we will win 2 or all ajc title here or bla bla bla
    if not,they will start to @#%&*;)
    its better not to say it out
    i will pm u;)

7. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

ha..ha.true true. U make old man laugh.

anyway it also depend on draw and luck. The Juniors are all raw-so it is hard to predict that is why it is nicer to watch.

This is also the tournament to spot talented young player from other countries like China, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia and Korea.

Lots of them disappear in the Senior Level, somewent back to school and some injured. Some switch from singles to double.

I would not want to rate Malaysia chances as this year other than Ow and Lai, The rest have not played in the Team event.

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh yeah
    ow yao han had recovered from the injury
    hehe
    what a good news for malaysia:D

9. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

yeah.. good just increase their chances. that all

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Boys stand better chance for honours in Asian Juniors

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/3/19/sports/5893444&sec=sports

“Except for Zulfadli, a semi-finalist last year, and Yao Han-Hong Kheng, we have a relatively new team,” he said.
    “China have retained some of the players from last year’s squad. Thailand also have a balance side and we cannot rule out the challenges from South Korea and Indonesia.”
    Kim Tho feels that Malaysia’s best bets for honours are in the boys’ singles and doubles events.
    “We have invited Zulfadli for centralised training. He has been training full-time with the team for more than a week. He could not join us earlier because of his examination,” he said.
    “In the doubles, our hope is on Yao Han-Yew Kheng. Yao Han also did well last year to win the World Juniors partnering Chooi Kah Ming.”
    In the presence of Thailand’s world junior champion Ratchanok Intanon, it would be tough for the Malaysian girls.
    “Sonia Cheah and Yan Li Lian are our players with the potential. Thailand have a world junior champion while we do not know the strength of the Chinese girls,” said Kim Tho.

11. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

hmm.... two medals from the boys. Hopefully these boys are able to bring honour to the country and also hopefully someone here are able to take over from Chong Wei

12. ivanow

ivanow Regular Member

Student
    gogo Ow Yao Han !!! mayb zulfadi can take over from lee chong wei 1 day ? i watched the clip he play dunnoe kuan beng hong or chan kwong beng in MO , not bad his playing...

13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

How was Lee Chong Wei when he was still a junior? Did he already start making impacts, or even show signs like China youngsters? If not, then perhaps our juniors might still make an impact later.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the reason why mas lost the team event

i know that only me who think mas can win the team title
    the ms and md in is our pocket

but anyway

lai pei jing doesnt play up to her normal level,so does sonia
    how well u are in ur training is not everything
    there is something u cant learn from training
    not everyone can just come out from training and beat those who are as good as them.
    thats why i said there should have some exposure

its like a chief
    always sharpen his knife before the cooking competition but never ever really cut anything before this
    of course u wont be able to win the competition because u cant cut ur ingredient like what u want and what it should like

practical and theory is different
    on court experience against others country player is important because they are just junior and because we are not chinese player;)

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Inexperience costs Malaysia

2010/03/25
    Reports by Ajitpal Singh

FAILURE to earn a point in the opening mixed doubles and the lack of depth in the girls' events saw Malaysia surrender their Asian Junior mixed team title to China at Juara Stadium in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.
    Malaysia, despite inspired performances from boys' singles Zulfaldi Zulkiffli and doubles Ow Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng, were beaten 3-2 by the favourites.

National junior chief coach Sun Chenhua said he knew that Malaysia would find it tough to win the title after Yao Han-Lai Pei Jing lost the opening mixed doubles. China earned their first point when Liu Cheng-Bao Yixin defeated Yah Han-Pei Jing 21-16, 21-17.

"My players may have succeeded in surpassing my semi-final target but they could have won the title if only some players were more experienced," said a disappointed Chenhua .

"Most of them are inexperienced due to lack of international tournaments. In fact, this tournament is their first international for the year. It is not enough to become world class."

However, Chenhua praised independent shuttler Zulfadli for his excellent play throughout the mixed team event.

[​IMG] National junior badminton players show off their Asian Junior mixed team runners-up medals after losing to China in the final yesterday. — Picture by Mohd Yusni Ariffin

"He is slightly more experienced than his teammates as he plays international tournaments quite often. My players hardly go out of the country.

"Zulfadli, despite not being part of the BA of Malaysia (BAM) national junior squad, has shone in this tournament. He will go far as a badminton player," he said.

Chenhua hopes that Zulfadli will soon decide on joining the national junior squad.

"It is tough as an independent player as you don't get quality sparring partners in training," said Chenhua.

Zulfadli levelled the tie after the the mixed doubles defeat by overcoming Huang Yuxiang 21-17, 21-12, and Malaysia went 2-1 up when Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng thrashed Li Gen-Song Ziwei 21-8, 21-11 in the doubles.

However, Malaysia's hopes of retaining the gold medal ended when Sonia Cheah (girls' singles) and Pei Jing-Shevon Jemie Lai (girls' doubles) lost their respective matches.

RESULTS -- Final: China 3 Malaysia 2 (Liu Cheng-Bao Cheng bt Ow Yao Han-Lai Pei Jing 21-16, 21-17; Huang Yuxiang lost to Zulfadli Zulkiffli 17-21, 12-21; Li Gen-Song Ziwei lost to Ow Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng 8-21, 11-21; Suo Di bt Sonia Cheah 22-20, 21-15; Tang Jinhua-Xia Huan bt Lai Pei Jing-Shevon Jemie Lai 21-7, 21-9).

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/43ajitmixed/Article/index_html

#55 eaglehelang, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  16. eaglehelang

Zulfadli, Yao Han eyeing revenge

2010/03/25

ZULFADLI Zulkiffli and doubles player Ow Yao Han were bitterly disappointed after failing to help Malaysia retain the Asian Junior mixed team title despite winning their respective matches in the final yesterday.
    Both players now hope to set the record straight when they start their campaign in their respective individual events at Juara Stadium in Kuala Lumpur today.

Zulfadli is the second seed in the boys' singles while Yao Han has a dual mission as he and his respective partners are top seeds in the boys' doubles and mixed doubles.

The 17-year-old Zulfadli said his unbeaten run in the mixed team event has given him the confidence to win the boys' singles title.

"I will try my best to keep my momentum in the singles. However, I must stay focused and forget about my good run in the team," said Zulfadli yesterday.

"It is not an advantage being seeded second in junior level tournaments. I think most players from leading nations are about the same level."

Zulfadli, who has been given a first round bye, will start his campaign against South Korea's Kang Ji-wook today.

"Ji-wook is equally talented in singles and doubles. I cannot take him lightly," said Zulfadli.

If he succeeds, Zulfadli will face an array of players from leading badminton nations before a possible clash with either China's joint third-fourth seed Huang Xiangyu or India's Sai Praneet in the semi-finals. Thailand's Pisit Poodchalat is the top seed.

Meanwhile, Yao Han will partner Yew Hong Kheng in the boys' doubles and Lai Pei Jing in the mixed doubles.

Yao Han, however, does not see himself and his partners as favourites in their respective events.

"Being top seed does not mean we are favourites. Of course I will try my best to win my first Asian junior title in my last outing in this event," said Yao Han, who will be absorbed into the national junior back-up squad after next month's World Junior Championships.

Yao Han won last year's world junior title with Choi Kah Ming.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/43ajitzulfad/Article/art_print

17. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

from the photo looks like that they are mostly ethnic chinese, not many young malays play badminton?

#57 AlanY, Mar 25, 2010
  18. eaglehelang

Zulfadli, who played 1st BS, is malay. There's also another BS Mohd Asriyn, in individual, GS Nurhani (but she lost to Vietnam)
    They seem to be more involved in other sports like football, hockey, track cyling, archery, track & field, lawn bowling.

In another 3 to 4 years time, there'll be more Indian Msians, there're a number of good 13 y.o. in singles ;)

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hell yeah
    i have the same opinion with him and i had told someone;)
    there is different between chief who oftenly cut with his knife and those who dont;)

20. eaglehelang

It's Chef Limsy, not chief, chief is head of sthing.;)

#60 eaglehelang, Mar 25, 2010