How is the choosing a string related to racquet stiffness ?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by sanredrose, Oct 13, 2013.

1. sanredrose

sanredrose Regular Member

Engineer
    Does Zymax 62 hold string tension for a while ? I will check with my club tomorrow. Most likely they should have a trial racquet with Zymax 62 strung on it. I will try it out and ask my friend also to try as well :)

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    It depends on the individual. Everyone is different. However generally most people start to develop preferences for string, tension, racquet characteristics etc as they become intermediate level players.... when they have had enough experience to form an opinion. But that's not to say that beginners cannot have an opinion... but perhaps a less experienced opinion.

Obviously there are some who swear by one racquet and one string/tension. I know high-intermediate players who have played for longer than me (almost 25 yrs) refusing to use an isometric racquet and sticks with their trusty Cab20s and BG65 @ 24lb for as long as I can remember.

Whilst on the other hand I've seen novices with top of the range new racquets strung at 26lb - and struggling to clear further than midcourt.

3. mackstine

mackstine Regular Member

On Zymax 62 - Love it, but honestly haven't had it last long enough to determine "a while". Mine tend to break after a week (3x3hour sessions). Possibly 2 weeks if I'm lucky In that time, sure it holds tension just fine. If your stringer knows Haribito pattern, that also helps with tension holding too in my opinion

4. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Thanks for answering, your answer does agree with what I think.

5. sanredrose

Engineer
    Checked with my club, they have trial racquets with Zymax 65 strings. I will try them out tonight :)

6. sanredrose

Engineer
    Can you detail your experience with Nanogy 98 string on VT-ZF and other racquets ? How does it play in terms of back court and close net ?

7. sanredrose

Engineer
    I was able to try Yonex Voltric 7 with Zymax 62 @ 23 lbs(white colored string). Its a trial racquet and i think it has been played with quite a bit. Anyways the string was very good. Clears were effortless, smashes were quite powerful. Net shots were pretty accurate. Overall i found this string to be very good. It is a super thin string, but i find that between games the string kind of slides around a bit over the other. Is this expected ?

I am playing over this weekend as well and most likely will decide between BG68Ti or Zymax 62. Will keep the thread updated ....

8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    On fresh Zymax strings I have everytime this moving of the strings. It's pretty normal. IMO their is no need to change the string type but mostly I change the string type on every stringing job to try something new or a different combination of racket and string and tension.

#28 ucantseeme, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  9. sanredrose

Engineer
    Finally i have decided to stick with BG68Ti on VT-ZF. One week of game play has been feeling quite good. I replaced VT70 with Zymax 65 string as well. This combo seems to perform extremely well. Thanks to all the folks for ur insight.