Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

In the spirit of Malaysia Boleh, I would replace 'dreadfully slowly' with 'strategically'.

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    If that's strategically, then it would coincide with either the Macao Open, or New Zealand Open, post-Olympic.

-dave

3. fifteen luv

fifteen luv Regular Member

Nursery rhyme
    Koo and Tan went up the to take the All England title
    Koo fall down no no title and Tan came tumbling after.

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Hafiz (Yoyo president): "Welcome to the club, boys!"

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i hope this pair will not be like another yoyo MAS player:rolleyes::eek::mad:
    juz like HH:mad::eek:

6. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

They already are. Pemuda's prophecy has become a reality....

7. clearng

clearng Regular Member

Sales marketing
    same faith with Hafiz

sigh

no hope

8. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

What's wrong with this guys man ? Olympic is really near and their playing like that...I think they can kiss their Olympic title goodbye...

Come on guys !!! Gear up !!!

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

As you can see here, these are the view of the majority in real life, we are not ganging up against them, they gang up, yes. Most will jump ship super duper fast, only a few 'remnants' left, with the majority laughing at the remnants as dumbos ;). Now perhaps you'll beleive we are minority..

Pjswift - no point wan, they wont believe anyway.

#149 eaglehelang, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  10. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I hope they can read this.

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Before you beat that war drum of yours any louder, please note that from day 1, I have never been on that KKK/TBH bandwagon.

So, what minority and majority you are talking about here? :confused:

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    kkk/tbh lost again...

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yeah.. they lost. And i hope they will bounce back.

14. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist

The way you're phrasing it, it sounds you're putting people with the same opinions as yourself as victims.

When Koo Kean (Kien? Kian? Keane?) Kiat and Tan Boon Heong peaked, many were excited and thrilled by this. Going forward, badminton aficionados hoped that the focus would be hard work, and more innovations from the pair, because if their success continued, then other countries would study the pair and focus on breaking down KKK/TBH game play and strategies.

Which has happened.

Now, can KKK/TBH recover? What are the measures, and how do you gauge? These are the things that fascinate aficionados.

It's almost a natural process: you work hard, you get success. Well, that's a bit simple, as a great number of players work hard. You need a catalyst. Those blessed with the spark (tiny or large) of talent, or, in doubles, the partnership yielded synergy (sum greater than the individual parts) is, maybe, the catalyst needed to overcome the critical mass of players who do work extremely hard.

Or sometimes, despite possessing both hard work and talent, you still fall flat, due to other external factors. For Taufik, maybe it's family life. For Hafiz, maybe it's lack of focus due to monetary reasons. Whatever it is, it'll show on the badminton court.

So I'll come back to what your post infers, and that is, the unbelievers are mean, and pick on the loyal fans. Hardly. Some posts are plain funny and that's it. If you feel the sting of insult, maybe it's because you hold player reverence too high.

Are KKK/TBH sliding downhill? In the narrow view, for 2008, up to the Swiss Open 2008, it's a definitive 'yes'. Prediction, to actual results, favor Pemuda et. al. In the big picture, who's to say? Only KKK/TBH will be able to tell, wait, not tell, but to show, with results.

-dave

15. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    This is an article from nst online related to Koo/Tan loss in Swiss open..

Rexy lambasts Koo-Tan

NATIONAL doubles coach Rexy Mainaky has warned World No 3 Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong to shed their individualistic approach or face the prospect of failing in the Beijing Olympics in August.
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong's latest blemish was losing 21-19, 21-17 to compatriots Zakry Latif- Fairuzizuan Tazari in the second round of the Swiss Open in Basel on Thursday.

Rexy, in a telephone interview from Basel yesterday, said Kien Keat has lost faith in Boon Heong although the latter has shown marked improvement.

Kien Keat, according to Rexy, has been too individualistic and if he doesn't rectify this problem, the Olympic gold is as good as gone.

"I have a big responsibility in sorting out their problem. They don't play as a pair anymore as Kien Keat has no confidence in Boon Heong at all," said a worried Rexy.
    "Even if they had beaten Zakry-Fairuz, I wouldn't have expected them to progress any further.

"This is the first time they are facing such a probl em. Kien Keat is trying to take every shot, thus disrupting his partner's rhythm.

"If Kien Keat remains the same and the two continue playing as individuals, they can forget about winning at the Olympics."

On the other hand, Rexy said veterans Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah have improved their understanding and are more consistent now.

Tan Fook-Wan Wah were involved in late quarter-final match against Denmark's Mathias Boe-Carsten Morgensen while Zakry-Fairuz played Luluk Hadiyanto-Alven Yulianto of Indonesia.

Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock were shown the exit by Luluk-Alven who won 21-17, 21-11 in the second round on Thursday.

World No 2 Lee Chong Wei was stretched to three games by Netherland's Dicky Palyama before securing a 21-12, 17-21, 21-12 win in 45 minutes.

Chong Wei played Kenneth Jonassen of Denmark in the last eight late yesterday.

Wong Choong Hann virtually blew his chances of qualifying for the Olympics after losing 12-21, 21-18, 24-22 to compatriot Sairul Amar Ayob in the second round.

Sairul, attached to KLRC Bhd, took on World No 1 Lin Dan of China yesterday.

In the women's singles, Julia Wong joined Wong Mew Choo on the sidelines when she lost 21-8, 21-17 to Xu Huaiwen of Germany.

16. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Yup, useless! Saw that coming already when they're playing the korean scratch pair in TC preliminary. The main problem is KKK, he should stop blaming his partner and sharpen up his skills instead. He is not the player he once were, his recent form is nowhere close to the AG form.

#156 zqloy, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  17. morphy

morphy Regular Member

"Individualistic" - I suppose that's the polite way of saying selfish. :rolleyes:

Guess this puts to rest speculation from KKK/TBH apologists that the match was somehow "given" to the Fuzzies. Fuzzies are playing really well and I think it would be a huge disservice to them to cast any doubts on them earning their semifinal berth.

18. eaglehelang

That's cos you did say before we gang up.... like we the 'mean' ones. Maybe you havent read some of the older posts with the personal attacks. Some non Msian BCer also think we are majority & that all Msian fans are 'blind supporters' - funny eh?

LOL,I also said in real life - you havent heard those remarks yet, being outright called dumbos or being called disloyal by the loyalist -that's what I meant in earlier posts by 'getting from both sides'.

Yes, on paper it looks gloomy, it looked gloomy for CTF/LWW in late 2006 & 2007. I support all Msian players on court, including Hafiz, KBH, not specifically a KKK/TBH loyalist. It's raining cats & dogs for KKK/TBH now, when they come back, it will be hurriance. LCW took 3 - 4 years to cope with all this, we shall see how long KKK/TBH take or whether they will split aft OG.

19. eaglehelang

Fuzzy has been known to be stimes ok, stimes not, can change within one day. So, difficult to say, some sort like the uncles. Not discounting them, I call Zakry Courageous Shortie - they have beaten Fu/Cai, Tony/Chandra, LAr/Jonas on good days. It depends whether Fairuz, the really fuzzy one, gets all nervous.

Their ultimate aim to get 3rd MD spot for TC finals in May. Fuzzy must 'fight' for this spot with 3 other MD pairs, Tan/Ong,Gan/Lin, Hoon/Wee Kiong.

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My dear,

Your majority and minority spin etc is going all over the place. And I am sorry you are not getting any sympathy votes.

Can I suggest you get back down to earth as 2008 todate so far, things are getting from bad to worse for KKK/TBH. In short they are infact going downhill.

Just before the AE, KKK boasted that they are all ready to plunder again in Europe, are super fit etc etc. Look what happened to them?? And to me thats the Malaysian problem. We talk too much before delivering.

I have said earlier that KKK/TBH need to look at previous pairs like Rexy/Ricky and learn how they conducted themselves off court. Enough of the Jinggo Joe fashion style and attitude because having won 1 AE and 1 AG gold dont put them in the legends category.