Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    CTF/LWW is far better than them in terms of results. The Uncles are more consistence.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) KKK played a total of 4 matches the day before, in XD & MD . KKK also played XD Finals around 1.5 hours before MD finals= tiredness .
    Due to this, I actually expected the semi-uncles to beat KKK/TBH, CCM/CCE only played 1 dept. CCM/CCE with their vast experience still got some tricks up their sleeves, they have beaten Tony/Chandra, Lee/Hwang bf this year.;)

KKK/TBH this local circuit often took rubbers sets to finish off their opponents => Razif/Wee Kiong in QF, TBS/Khoo CC in Semi. Comparatively, I would rate CCM/CCE as higher than these younger pairs.

2) Fuzzy pair lost to Tan Bin SHen/Khoo CC in QF. Would Fuzzy be considered lower class then ?? Zakry was also playing XD this tourney.

After Uncles retire & if KKK/TBH split, Fuzzy will be 1st MD pair. Even if KKK/TBH dont split, it looks like Fuzzy wil carry the main challenge as 1st pair. Unless of course in the 1st place you did not consider the Fuzzy to be 1st class.

in any case, it looks that KKK/TBH would be split. Even though Rexy said, there's another 2 tourneys, better for them to split.

And Jadgpanther, see told you, win also ppl will comment, lose also they will comment, when it comes to local tourney.

#562 eaglehelang, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    There's a player by the name of Lee Yong-Dae who competes in more tiring conditions. The last we heard of him, he had won a gold at the Olympics and not at the, er, Penang Open ;)

As players that understand each other, I'd rate Fairuzizuan & Zakry above any existing Malaysian pair. In the light of this loss, it might be either that they are determined to go the KKK way or that Malaysia has an even better pair waiting in the wings :rolleyes:

4. eaglehelang

hehe, LYD did not play 4 matches in 1 day at most tourneys - normally it's 2 in 1 day. When playing 2 depts the Msia youngster pairs seemed more tired than the seniors ;). ANd yes, LYD did win gold - in XD.

If LYD/JSS were Msians, they would have been hauled up to explain "why lose MD in 1st round to a uncle pair, so embrassing, etc", there would have been a bigger hu ha cos Lars/Jonas arent world top 5.
    Dont get me wrong I do salute LYD/LHJ for upsetting the Nova/Lilyana.

Yup, Tan Bin Shen & Ong Hock Sock (senior pair, 4th Msia MD) splitting up was good for TBS. He seems more fired up with his new partner KCC.

Anyway, both KKK & TBH have indicated publically they do not want to split, one of the times where both seem to be in agreement :D

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Um, there's another Korean gentleman named Kim Dong-Moon...
    ...(and I could go on and on with this if you want to dole out excuses) :D

What's different with the Koreans is that when one pair lost, another pair roared in to retake the position ;)

The only recent occasion when Malaysian MDs displayed such heroism is the 2008 Indonesia Open. Never mind that the final was against, er, 'uncles' - it is clear that Fuzzy have what it takes :p

6. eaglehelang

:D:D, not that. They still lost, just pointing out they would have been hauled up too, it's a difference to the decision makers. Heroism??? what heroism??Not talking abt that, any lost or continous lost, woe unto the Msians.

LCW was branded as no hoper in 2006 & 2007 till his IO 2007 win. Fuzzy too, they, esp Fairuz were blasted in 2007. It goes on & on & on :rolleyes:.

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

oldhand, eaglehelang tell u A , u reply her B..
    haha..LMAO!:D:D:D:p:p:rolleyes:

8. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Hehehehehehehehehe......MK/HS never beaten Koo and Tan but once they beat Koo and Tan is at the event which really matters the most...hehehehhehehe

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Got a feeling the that most players including the singles need individual coaching. Perhaps there can be incentive (individual coaching; allow the players choose their coach; like tennis professional style) or time line for players to excel like 2 years frame. Now BAM is already thinking of getting rid of the non performers (which is a good thing) and allow younger players to excel.

10. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    WOW, so that's actually quite sad for Malaysia that KKK is the best that Malaysia can produce, but KKK can't win anything(big, I won't even use the word "important" these days.) any more these days.

By the way, what happened to his "Glory" tatoo?
    Does he feel that he has lived up to that word with his 2 titles win at this national tournament?

Then when you compare KKK with Lee Yong Dae, even at age 20, Lee Yong Dae is so much more mature, and has what it takes to be a world class badminton CHAMPION.:cool:

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hmm...

hmm, at least malaysia can produce an all england champion and malaysia has its own KKK.:D
    did Canada even produce good badminton players that can win anything BIG these days?;):cool:
    come to think of it, i feel quite sad for Canada too.:eek:

12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I feel sad for you if you feel that it is a big accompishment for Malaysia to be better in badminton than Canada. By the way, Canada earned 3 gold medals(not a lot) in this OG, but how many did Malaysia get???:eek:

Of course Canada is sad in badminton. I just downloaded the Thomas cup match between Canada and JJS/Lee Yong Dae, and it was sad that Canada lost even though the Koreans were pretty much fooling around.

Canada has never claimed to be a badminton powerhouse from the start, and it has never been proud about its badminton accompishment if any, plus the close to none funding from the government. Unlike Malaysia which spends millions on badminton, and the best you can produce is not even that great with the exception of LCW(by the way, was beaten badly in the OG, too):(:crying::crying::crying:

#572 bananakid, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    george@CW, our uncle (35) and auntie (48) are older than your counterparts. If MAL players are better than us, IT IS NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT.....

14. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Certainly good news.They however aint the best yet.So,i guess this thread is still relevant.I wish they will gain something significant.Its never too late to improve.Wish them luck Oldhand !
    I see some of us have give up on them.
    X-ball made a thread with regards on that.Pemuda 'resinged'.Whats next?

15. jon_91

jon_91 Regular Member

Student
    ok...this thread is not for u all to quarel about other matters...if wan quarrel PLEASE MAKE A NEW THREAD....O DEBATE WAN....u all r very frustrating....we need to tkae care of KKK/TBH not just give comments ma....when win win lo....when lose...as if the world is gonna be gone...LOL...

16. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Then what should we discuss in here? :confused:

17. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Threatening Bam

Monday September 1, 2008

Kien Keat says he wants to continue partnership with Tan

By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: Doubles shuttler Koo Kien Keat is prepared to quit the sport if a decision is made to split his two-year partnership with Tan Boon Heong.
    Kien Keat said yesterday that he was determined to maintain the partnership even though they have had disappointing results in recent tournaments, including the Beijing Olympics.
    He wants another shot at working on improving the partnership and make a stronger challenge for a medal in the 2012 Olympics in London.
    [​IMG] Koo Kien Keat (left) and Tan Boon Heong posing with the mock cheque after winning the men's doubles title in the Penang Open on Saturday.
    At the Beijing Games, Kien Keat-Boon Heong were rated as very strong bets to get among the medallists but they crashed out with a weak performance against eventual champions Markis Kido-Hendra Gunawan of Indonesia in the quarter-finals.
    Their disappointing exit led to talks that the duo may go separate ways.
    Kien Keat added that they gave their best in the Beijing Games.
    “I have to admit that there had been times when our form was not good. We gave our best in Beijing but our opponents were just better than us on the day,” said Kien Keat on their first-ever defeat by Markis-Hendra in six meetings.
    “Right now, I do not know what the future holds for us. Nothing much has been said to us yet. But Boon Heong and I have talked about this and we may quit the sport if our partnership is split.”
    He added that he would respect whatever decisions made by the coaches and the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) on his future in the national team.
    “I will accept their decision if there is a good explanation and a good reason given on why such move (on the split) is made. For now, we are just waiting for our coach (Rexy Mainaky) to tell us on our next assignment,” said Kien Keat.
    “We will also meet Datuk Zolkples (Embong, the National Sports Council director general) to explain our defeat in Beijing and share with him our hope for the future.”
    Kien Keat, who won the Penang Open with Boon Heong on Saturday, said that the failure in the Beijing Olympics had fuelled the fire in them to make a comeback as a successful pair.
    “Boon Heong and I want to be there again as a pair in the London Olympics. That is our goal,” he said. “We have learnt our lesson with the defeat in Beijing. We have gone through a lot as a pair and we are determined to bounce back.”
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong brought much hope to the country with their excellent run since winning the 2006 Asian Games gold medal in Doha. Last year, they won the prestigious All-England and the Open titles in Malaysia, Switzerland, Macau, the Philippines and Denmark.
    But they have drawn blanks thus far this year.

THEY LEARNT IT FROM OUR POLITICIANS - THREATENING. WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT:mad::(

18. victory

victory Regular Member

Dato cool down. No need to over react.

While I totally share the same feeling of yours toward some of our bloody idiotic Malaysian politician, I must say KKK/TBH have the right to voice their opinion and their concerns too. Particularly regarding any decision about their own future.

Besides, the media might have highlighted their concerns as " threathening". Don't tell me you haven't find out sometimes certain mainstream media in this country is not very trustworthy.

So cool down.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Tuesday September 2, 2008
    Koo-Tan still wanted

PETALING JAYA: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) are not prepared to lose the services of the men's doubles pair of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong. And efforts will be made to get them out of a drop in form.

The BAM's secretary, P. Ganga Rao (pic) reiterated yesterday that they had yet to make a decision on the future of the players or coaches.

Their first step towards a plan to rebuild a team for the 2012 London Olympics will take place when the coaching and training committee, headed by BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, meets tomorrow.

The coaches will submit reports on the players' performances at the Beijing Olympics tomorrow. Then, there will be joint committee meetings with the National Sports Council (NSC).

Ganga hoped that the players would not jump the gun before decisions were made.

Kien Keat stated that he would rather quit the sport if a decision is made to split his partnerships with Boon Heong. The duo had come under fire for their disappointing performance in the Beijing Games where they crashed to a tame defeat by eventual champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiwan of Indonesia in the quarter-finals.

“It goes beyond doubt that Kien Keat-Boon Heong are one of the top pairs produced by Malaysia,” said Ganga.

“They are one of the best pairs in the world but we are concerned over why our best pairs are not delivering in major international tournaments like the Olympics.

“We are still at loss over why they are unable to deliver. This puts a lot of pressure on the BAM and the coaches. Even, the NSC chief (Datuk Zolkples Embong) wants answers to their performances in Beijing.

“Rather than going into a fault finding mission, it is best that we find a solution to this. Koo and Tan are young and it will be great if we can guide them to get back on track for the next Olympics.”

Ganga added that the BAM would wait for feedback and reports from the coaches before coming out with plans to form a solid team for the 2012 Olympics.

Those who have to submit reports are chief coach Yap Kim Hock, Misbun Sidek, Rexy Mainaky, Wong Tat Meng and the Project 2010-12 squad's chief coach Rashid Sidek.

20. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    BAM could not afford to lose KKK/TBH.

They simply said only. At last, there will be nothing happen. KKK/TBH willnot be splitted and BAM will continuing their jobs and jokes.

And this is malaysia, the boleh-land.