RKEP Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by perfectgravity, Feb 24, 2010.

1. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    Package just came in. First impressions, no shortage of tape in Taiwan it seems. Taken me nearly 10 minutes to get it all off. Looking forward to trying his overgrips and socks today. Hope they impress me as much as the ultimates did. :)

#981 TheNotoriousLIG, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  2. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    Sorry, meant to write straight after my session but I was exhausted. Been recovering since. :p
    First things first, I had the worst session I have ever had in well over a year and as such this is not really ideal for testing but there are some differences that were simply fantastic and need saying. I gave a couple of grips away and gave the second pair of socks away to someone else to try and we all have exactly the same opinion it seems. The socks are lovely. Truly lovely. Like wearing clouds, I didn't find them too fluffy or soft at all. They are soft and comfy but springy enough to honestly make a difference with cushioning. Not a huge difference, after they are just socks, but they made the difference when it comes to comfort. Didn't get the soreness I am used to after a couple of hours once at any point which was really great. For that I would say they are worth it. But they absorb sweat really well and my insoles weren't very wet at all at the end of the session and only needed half an hour to air out compared to the usual couple of hours they need. Everyone should own a pair of these, they are worth the money imo but that's for you to decide.

The grips, green G08 softs were the only ones I used and they are exactly what I was hoping for. Better than the supergrap and every other overgrip I have used by a mile. No contest. I wrapped them directly onto wood with the halfway overlap you may have have seen done by ants on youtube and I loved this set up. Exactly the right length of grip for g5, g4 and g3 so no cutting needed. Just adjust how steep the angle you use is. The grips are very stretchy but I tried to minimise this to ensure consistent thickness on all the grips. Prefer them to the karakal Pus by a distance and I put my last black ultimate on and I think I prefer the G08 as well. Ultimate had better sweat absorption but I had a small hand towel in my bag and the G08 was better to me. Better tackiness but not too much so moving the handle around my hand was fine and not a problem. After 4.5 hours the g08 looks unused on all the racquets it was put on so I think it will last a long time. Ideal cushioning for me and ideal tackiness. Durability and long term use will see if this is my new go to grip. I think it will be but I'll wait till the novelty wears off and I have had a better session where my head is really in it properly.

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    i tried the power master. initial impressions good but after adjusting the size by adding an undergrip i found i don't like the chevrons. is this grip available with lines only? power grab wrapped up to test, not sure on those ridges.

more to come later. i think the king and soft will suit me, the elite seems too firm and the wet too slippery but more testing required.

4. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    i tried the king for about 5 minutes. other people agree it feels nice. then i tried soft75 with 2mm or so overlap. wooooowwww. best grip ever. king now feels too firm. the search for my ultimate grip is over. handles sweat well too so far. perfectly tacky even when sweating hard enough for glasses to fall off.

I'll try asking here: how to make the overlap at a steeper angle? i can't do it without leaving gaps so might need to try using two at once?

5. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
    I suggest you to use key work
    grip wrap
    on YouTube
    and you will find many wonderful video teaching how to do it

6. visor

visor Regular Member

It's all about time, patience, and experience. :) You need to start the first few overlaps at a steep angle by seriously stretching the overgrip... but not too much that you damage it.

7. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    to be honest I thought king is too soft that I lost the feel of my handle.. never tried the soft75..
    king is still IMO the best out of bunch (my hand is not sweaty though)

oh God, now I miss that power master grip. never used it since 6 months ago!

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I found the PM too hard, but those "traction cuts" are pretty nice:).

RKEP Ultimate with Resinpad... tack, tack, and more tack, and it can be pulled tight without losing the tack.

9. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I found that G08 is less tackier than G09. G11 is as tacky as G09.

10. Squash Eric

trading company
    they are totally different function
    G08 is made of more cloth for absorbing sweat - for sweaty hand player

G09 is tacky feel but not good when it is totally wet
    might be very good to be used on tennis racket

11. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I see... I have very dry palm. Guess G09 is more suitable for me. However, I like the softness of G08 though.

12. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    opps.. I made an error lol..
    I mean Power master is still the best of the bunch..
    yeah the traction cut is pretty nice, I really like it haha

really? PM is too hard? I think the thickness is enough.. maybe it is because I prefer small handle and the feel of the handle. I mean 8 side handle. with King, I cannot feel the edge and make me hard to do backhand shot..

RKEP ultimate is for a very sweaty palm. very very tacky haha, it almost ripped my skin.. good for my friend which has very sweaty hand though (yeah, the grips that you sent it to me I gave it to my friend)

13. hanser

hanser Regular Member

mgr
    Happy to order my towel grips from him too! Rkep(squash eric) is a great seller. I forgot to include my unit number in my address when I ordered and he went to the post office again to change it immediately after I alerted him of my mistake. my thanks.
    Btw, the sample rekp towel grip you sent me is really very fluffy, is the 11m roll just like that?

14. Squash Eric

trading company
    YES
    12m reel is the same

15. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    After a hand/wrist/forearm injury, I've had to change the size and hardness of my grips to have more comfort.

I had always used 2 G09's over the wooden handle. I've recently tried power master directly on the wooden handle and it's been great to me. Right size, soft enough but not TOO soft, I love the texture with the traction cuts. Sweaty hands has never been a problem of mine so I can't comment on whether they're better for dry hands or sweaty hands though.

RKEP grips are a big hit over here in our university badminton team (especially G09's) since they're so inexpensive and of good quality. Everytime we need some more, we order them in hundreds because they're just that good.

16. odysessy

odysessy New Member

May I check where can I buy the RKEP grip in Singapore?

17. amleto

amleto Regular Member

ebay, or ask eric.

18. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Hey, I am awaiting delivery of rkep towel grip, have you tried it yet? can you give any feedback on the grip with regards to other brands of towel gripping. or anyone:)

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Nice and soft, you'll need 30 minutes to get used to it though, or just dampen your hands slightly before first use.

20. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Guys is there anything that is similar to Karakal PU grip? I tend to remove the original faactory grip and use just one laayer of Karakal grip.