Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    This would interest me as well.

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Cobalt

VT80 is very different to Arc 8DX. I do still like 8DX and it's still my current racquet. I had to give the VT80 back sad to say.

I hope I'll be using the VT80 next year but that's if Yonex agree to continue my sponsorship and agree to provide me with the racquets.

VT80 is much heavier in the head. The shaft is longer and therefore plays different to 8DX. The aero dynamic qualities of VT80 mean it moves quickly although you're more aware of the head and where it's going. 8DX is lighter and just as quick but there isn't the same awareness of the head.

With regard to power, I never hit as smash as hard with 8DX as I did with VT80. Bear in mind I don't play, only coach so my technique isn't as refined as it should be.

Both are very good racquets. For me, VT80 is worth the extra money, because it gave me a lot more meat overhead and defensively too. Bear in mind I've previously used AT900P and NS9900 so I have a lot to compare too. AT900 P was my initial favourite.

You probably know the saying that you don't realise what you've been missing until you found it again. Well i was just the same playing with a lighter headed racquet. As soon as I hit with VT80 it made me realise how much I love heavy headed racquets.

As I always say, my reviews do not mean the racquet will suit you. But I can only give an honest opinion. If I didn't think that much of VT80 then it would have been a different review. After all, i do not get paid to write.

Hope this helps

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

3. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Thanks for differentiating. How would you compare VT80 to SW35, BS10 and Meteor X80, if you have to just give them a number from 1 to 4? I guess you've tested them all, maybe not as many hours of court time as you'd like to give it for a much more in-depth evaluation, nevertheless you are able to generalize with your experience put into account. Cheers.

4. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Would vt70 be a faster racket than vt80?

5. bunbun

bunbun Regular Member

AT700 and VT80(3uG5)

hai there..i recently bought vt80 3u g5 ..i also have AT700 , AT900,NS9900,ARC8DX,VT70 and ZSlash..my opinion is VT80 is better for me then the rest..may be i get used to AT900 so VT80 just no problem..AT700 is too stiff for me..before i had VT80 ,i like to use ARC8dx ..in the first place i thought VT80 just like AT900 but then after a few stroke..for me its better..
    this is my opinion ..i dont know about other people.For me AT700 is for attacking player....its up to your strength and power...

6. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

I am more used towards head lighter racket so would vt70 be more head light than vt80?

7. din

din Regular Member

executice
    BTW let me know if u want to let go your 8dx... :D:D:D

8. amirru

amirru Regular Member

engineer
    hey guys.. which one is better between VT70 vs. VT80 for intermediate player with medium strenght & skill??

9. Hunterex196

Hunterex196 Regular Member

any opinions on what string/tension to use on the voltric 80? I'm dying to get my hands on one after reading all the reviews haha

10. bedesoop

bedesoop Regular Member

I do like of using ns9900 due to the maneuver of the racket. However, i would like to improve my smashing power. Is VT80 can give the maneuver almost same with ns9900 can will improve my smashing power?

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @bunbun

Is your AT700 New generation or Old generation?

12. lneoas

lneoas Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i would think so. the VT70 had a faster swing and feel lighter then the VT80 even though both i had was 3U.
    imho the VT70 is more suitable for all player type

13. lneoas

lneoas Regular Member

IT Consultant
    After playing with the MX80 again today, i would think the SW35 (3U V850 27lbs) is a better performer then then MX80.
    maybe its because my technique is not good enough that why i cant seems to harness the strength of the MX80.

imho i would think the VT80 is better then the SW35 in that it swing faster and hit harder. i do not really know how to explain this but the VT80 seems to be gaining speed as you swing therefore making seems more effortless to produce a stronger shot. this is something i didnt experience with the other head heavy rackets...

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Thanks for your observations, Paul. But would this still be a better choice for an intermediate (at best) player? A guy like me does not have proper technique more than 50% of the time; arm strength tends to tail off after a couple of good games; but the spirit is willing! :D

So would I be better off with a VT80 as compared to say, a VT70 or any weapon that is less stiff and more balanced? I guess I'm asking you for a price/performance judgement on the mid-scale of playing capability. Bear in mind that like any average player jostling for space on the court, I play doubles 85-90% of the time...

I also noticed that Yonex had positioned the VT80 as a racquet for advanced/professional players...

15. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

agreed! VT80 3UG5 is for advanced player! if you want the feel to be just like medium standard...go for the 4UG5 spec..

just like z-slash... swing fast but more forgiving. it feel like an upgraded z-slash! more suitable for aggressive player!

Below are my rackets:
    N90/N90II/N90II classics/N50/N50II/NS9900/AT900T/AT900P/VT80(4UG5)/Z-SLASH

16. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    OK guys, so many questions.

VT80 is more powerful than Victor SW35 which is extremely stiff and head heavy. The extra shaft length does make a difference in terms of power transfer. Sadly we do not have Meteor or Legend in UK for me to test against. Hopefully I'll be testing Spira 22 soon to get an idea what that plays like.

What I've found over the years is this. Every player is different and we all have a slightly different style and technqiue because we are all different shapes, sizes and muscle structure. This combination means we will always feel different about a racquet as the next player.

In my experience whilst less experienced players continue to select lighter headed racquets, it could be that they should look at head heavy racquets instead. I believe the heavier head will help them find the control required and the overall feel on their technique.

Cobalt it's so hard for me to comment on your personal circumstances. You may find Voltric helps your game considerably, but I can't say. You may find it's a waste of money.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

17. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    This is something I like about badminton.

18. bunbun

bunbun Regular Member

Vt70

as i knew all yonex racket heavy headed except NS9900 ..but if u like to use light headed, Yonex is not suitable for you..VT70 for me almost like AT700..VT 70 n VT80 both heavy headed but VT80 make your smash more power and accurate..sorry i cant explain which is more heavy headed..for me its almost the same...

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What about NanoSpeed 8000, 7000, 6600, 4500, 3000, 2000? ;)

20. bunbun

bunbun Regular Member

At700

i bought it quite sometimes..if i not mistaken..2 years ago..i dont know that one the old or new generation..AT700 is not suitable for me acttually...but i like to keep it...did u remember Ti10..i still have ti10 and AT600..Ti10 is a good racket but its feel soft ..so i just keep it at home..sorry to say i am a big fan of Yonex even i am not play well...:D