Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. keenweisam

keenweisam Regular Member

update on the tally vien?
    or report of the weekend?
    here's my report from my matches on Saturday
    lost AMD
    lost open XD (although we managed to win a match).
    :)

2. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    + Zero trophy :(

lost AMD
    lost BMS
    lost BMD
    lost BMX

.. tough B grade this year :) .. all the old trophy hunters got killed by the new lot of trophy hunters coming through :p

It was an interesting day of badminton today .. lots of happening including a french guy from Melbourne uni doing a Sammy .. cracking it at those hongky guys from Nemisis when they kept cheering and clapping when he made a mistake and calling out all the time ... felt a little sorry for him he did get hard done in the B single final, then suffering more of the same when he played against more of those hongky guys in double with there crowd of vocal supporters.... As a POM Carl would have enjoy watching a french guy get toasted like that :D

3. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
  4. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Vien, you are definitely the cause of all these new trophy hunters arising out of no where. How the f#c$%^g heck do they let Aaron and Dee play the BMD. :mad:

5. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Aaron and Dee was nothing .. There where plenty of strong players in B grade this year :) ... and the funny thing was i heard the term "trophy hunters" being pass around to others for a change ;)
    ... bad news is talking with some of the guys there about how strong B has become .. there were alot who said they will be entering in C in the next tournament .. Victoria Open/Graded ... so this years Vic Open/Gradeds A,B and C are going to be much the same strength :) ... therefore Anthony and I have decided to go even lower and into D grade :D

6. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

I have confident with Loke Poh in the Vic Open/Graded. You can forget about playing even the B grade. I think Loke Poh will give you and Anthony a bye for the first round so that you guys are automatically move into the A grade. Good luck. You are too famous, Vien.

7. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    How little you know Loke Poh ... and how you have underestimated mine and Anthony's determination and persuasion power :)
    .. thats all I'll say for now ;) .. just in case others, non-titans are reading this thread .... There are 3 sure bets this year ... Melbourne storm will finish last, Australia will not win the world cup, and I will get a D grade trophy before the year ends :D .. months of planning and plotting will soon pay off .. hehehehe

8. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Yeah CBA had the TOUGHEST B grade I have ever seen!!!:crying:

One of the guys that won A doubles came back the next day with a slightly weaker partner in B and did well! We had a few girls in the B grade that could easily have played A grade, if not Open. We had a few singles players that would nearly win A Singles come down to B, and also a few guys like Aaron and Dee who can mix it well enough in A grade come down and slaughter us poor real B graders hehe;) I played 8 matches and lost every one of them, which isn't my average result in B grade matches!:(

Speaking about the French guy, I totally feel for him. Those Nemesis Honky supporters were the most rude ppl I have ever seen. They showed no understanding of sportsmanship at all. Its quite ok to be vocal in supporting your players, but to clap and jeer the opponent when he makes a mistake is totally uncool and they should have been kicked out of the stadium and told to come back when they learn some manners/courtesy.

Whilst I am on another badminton rant, another thing is not cool is when players ignore the umpire at the end of the match = Vickii Hyunh:mad: Nobody really wants to be an umpire and especially when you make an unpopular line call, but hey, this is the job and at the end of the match (AGAIN) it is courtesy to shake the umpire's hand or at least acknowledge their involvement in the match grrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

9. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Sounds like someone has a case of the Cranky Old Man idus :p
    Well since you're going to have a whinge .. so am I ...
    my gripe is with Mr Tap L.
    What's up with the cold shoulder and silent treatment I'm getting from Tap ... I say hi to him, comment on how pretty he looks that day and how lovely he smells .. and how feminine his ass swaggering walk is and pinch him on the bottom in a complimentary way ... and nothing, not a single acknowledgment from him .. justs walk pass and saids hi to everyone else around but not me :confused:
    You've change Tap ... you're no longer the same Tap I once caringly spread rumours about his sexuality anymore!!! :crying:

10. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    what's wrong with whinging, its almost as fun as trophy hunting:D

Attached Files:

11. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    You look younger in that photo Anthony :p

12. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Grrrrrr:mad: I am not that old really! - look here is my very first computer I owned, latest technology - 64kb of RAM, cassette driven wowowow!:p:cool:

Attached Files:

13. btchia

btchia Regular Member

I just happened to come across this threads, i was there watching the game well, from my point of view i dont see any reason why you said they got no sportmanship at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs2B77k9zT0&feature=channel have a look at this short game , particular on 0.33/2.49, Bao smashed out, u still heard the claps from the supporter, i cant see anything wrong when happened in CBA tournament....during the tournament, you will see a lot of people got no sportmanship...bad temper, shouting, throwing racket...etc

i would suggest if you unhappy at that time, you should voice out to gary, get Nemesis guys kicked out of the stadium.... :D:D

I felt unhappy when i was try to capture some nice action photos for both of them, someone just told me it just within 2m range "you using a ZOOM lens?", this seem very sarcastic to me, i was really unhappy about this, but what to do? people like to talk, at first I was thinking how well he know about photography or indoor sport photography ?? A SUPER long white lens doesnt mean i showing off what i got.

14. Chrischen

Chrischen Regular Member

Accountant
    I just happened to come across this threads, i was there watching the game well, from my point of view i dont see any reason why you said they got no sportmanship at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs2B77k9zT0&feature=channel have a look at this short game , particular on 0.33/2.49, Bao smashed out, u still heard the claps from the supporter, i cant see anything wrong when happened in CBA tournament....during the tournament, you will see a lot of people got no sportmanship...bad temper, shouting, throwing racket...etc

i would suggest if you unhappy at that time, you should voice out to gary, get Nemesis guys kicked out of the stadium.... :D:D

I felt unhappy when i was try to capture some nice action photos for both of them, someone just told me it just within 2m range "you using a ZOOM lens?", this seem very sarcastic to me, i was really unhappy about this, but what to do? people like to talk, at first I was thinking how well he know about photography or indoor sport photography ?? A SUPER long white lens doesnt mean i showing off what i got.

I am totally agree with you btchia.

As a player, you cannot control any of the audiences who watch your match. Think it this way, people just clap for their players who win the point, but not for your mistake. If you cant take it, you should not have been in the tourament at all.

15. Fu Hin

Fu Hin New Member

guys we certainly are going to see each other very often in the future and these quarrels are not going to make anyone happy

I am a member of the Nemesis club. Like Robbo77 said, some of us did clap when Romain(the French guy) made mistakes. But the claps were for the points our player won, but not to tease or shock Romain. And btchia had made a valid point. In the link he has posted, 2 Chinese players were playing against each other, but the supporters still clapped for their idol when the other side made mistakes. I guess those claps were quite unlikely to be insulting the other side, their compatriot? Also, if we really were trying to insult Romain, we probably would "boo" instead of clapping i guess?

guys no one feels good when we have to see each other as an enemy. lets put this to an end.

16. keenweisam

keenweisam Regular Member

keep it clean guys. at the end of the day, badminton should be something we all love, and that brings us all TOGETHER, not creates enemies. I feel that the nemesis spirit is something that has been lacking from local tournaments. I don't ever remember seeing a group rallying together and cheering for their players. I know i certainly haven't been cheered like that before, and would love for it to happen some day!
    i can also see how romain was upset. perhaps he just needed his own group of supporters too?
    just my thoughts.

17. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Wow, so much happenings in just a graded tournament, especially with so many participants turned trophy hunters. Maybe trophy hunting is not such a bad idea. hehehehe....

18. Frank79

Frank79 Regular Member

Too many Trophy Hunters!!! It is really discouraging and unfair for others when players of higher grades compete in lower grades. :cool:

19. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Wait till you see vienb in coming Vic graded, in D grade some more. :eek: :D
    I assume Aaron and Dee will be playing the C grade, since they already won the B in cba. They are now my idols. :p

20. wingcctw

wingcctw Regular Member

Student
    I dont really think Aaron and Dee are trophies hunters as they tried so hard in the A grade. Why do they paid extra to enter the A grade if their aim was just trophies.

Speaking of the Romain's case, those claps and cheering were definitely for the players that won the point not the mistakes that Romain/his partner made. I'm also a member of Nemesis and we all know Romain. I explained to him that the cheering wasn't about his mistakes but the players who won a point and he was fine with what I have said. So i guess this is just a difference between cultures. :)

Btw would you please stop saying something like Nemesis Honky, Robbo77?! As I guess you have no idea of where we come from, Thanks. :)