Exclusive: Yonex Voltric Z-Force Review by Ants

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jan 30, 2012.

1. waiwai8

waiwai8 Regular Member

Policy & Research Coordinator
    i saw that chart too. but i read somewhere here it's less head heavy...but if it's actually more head heavy then i dun think its too good unless ur a constant baseline doubles player ie smashing or clearing for about 70% (or above) of all the shots you make..tbh its off putting to me..also..more head heavy means theres a longer 'lag' in recovering the racket swing after a e.g. big smash, conversely theres less 'feel' for mid and front court shots

2. genetix1234

genetix1234 Regular Member

Keep in mind it is more aerodynamic than other head heavy rackets (slim shaft + smaller head frame). This can make up for the "lag" a head heavy racket may suffer from.

3. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

10 pages about nothing?? Thank you demolidor for the entertainment!

4. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

There's two scenarios here... Either ants is a yonex "plant" and therefore biased and will only tell us how good the racket is. Or, he's just an "average joe" like you and I and won't even have the racket until it actually comes out. However this plays out, ants' credibility is shot to pieces.

5. waiwai8

waiwai8 Regular Member

Policy & Research Coordinator
    initially ur reply sounded like the vt80 has made the same transition to the vforce as the arc10 to zslash. in both zs it seems that the headframe has been made smaller. but if the comparison is like the arc10 to zslash as the vt80 to zforce then i, for one, still wont like it...theres not enough 'give' in the zslash n i think the vforce will b similar given the smaller headframe....also smaller headframe means less margin for error if compared like for like tension on a conventional size headframe. all i can advise is...dun buy in a hurry..yonex are very good at marketing..unfortunately in my 25 years of play..the marketing hasnt always lived up to the final product...

6. ricky_go_911

ricky_go_911 Regular Member

Accountant
    Shuttlehouse for pre order Yen25,200, in higher end racket, to be released around 2nd week of March. hopefully would be able to win the Prize, if not i really have to burn my wallet again ahihihhihihih ^.^
    less 22% would be around yen19,656.

Good luck to those who will preorder hope youll write your review soonest?

7. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I may play ants up far too much but I feel you really have it out for him and that you should go back and look at some of the other things he has done for the community. Pretty sure he was the first to get photos for the arcsaber 10 and the z slash and he had a review first i'm pretty sure. They were no more bias then any other yonex fan boy so you should give him a little more credit then you do.

8. Imaster

Imaster Regular Member

https://twitter.com/#!/vikramdparmar
    Ants -

when can we expect the review, pretty soon considering the racket has already had a web launch, or only after 15th March, when the racket is supposedly going to be in some stores?

9. worldbfree

worldbfree New Member

this rackey will be out in stores in a few days. where's the review? :confused::rolleyes:

10. worldbfree

worldbfree New Member

this racket will be out in stores in a few days.

11. zforceplayer

zforceplayer Regular Member

12. zaviour

zaviour Regular Member

He has provide so many contribution to the BC community. So please give credit to him and bear in mind if you don't like it you don't have to open and read this thread..

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Thank God i have haters. :) Im happy actually. Ants is actually a floor sweeper in some badminton
    manufacturing facilities. ;). For those who supported and appreciate my contribution, Thank you for your
    support from the bottom of my wrist. :) This is something that i enjoy doing during my free time. I hope i do add some value and tension.

For the haters, thank you for hating me. it drives me to improve myself further. I do not need to talk much actually. But then.. continue to hate me if you wish to. We can still be friends in the end of the day.

Anyway Guys.. I'm counting down... for the review.

14. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    I know I was one of the people who criticized you, but I wouldn't necessarily call it hating. I appreciate that you're doing this for the benefit of others and for that I think we should all be appreciative of what you're trying to do. Although I've only been around these boards for a couple years so I don't know the things you've done in the past, this particular time I believe you could have gone about the contest and the review better. The main gripe some of the people here and I had mainly was the time between your creation of the thread and the actual posting of the review (which will be soon according to you). For this thread, we're coming up on a review about a month later than the thread was created. For all intents and purposes it is a racket speculation thread based on the new racket we saw LCW with, and there is already another thread on that. The same problem goes with the review contest for the free racket (which is very generous of you) because we were keeping our eyes glued to your twitter with no actual idea when you were going to post the review. You can imagine how unhealthy that is for a person to do for a couple days, let alone 4 weeks just to win a racket.

Utlimately what I'm trying to say in the end is that if you're going to post a review, try to keep the date at which you create the thread close to the day when you release it, otherwise the thread is going to be 10+ pages of nothing before the actual review comes in. At the very least, you could mention that you're going to be busy with work or that you're bound by Yonex not to post anything before a certain date so that we're not all left hanging. Ultimately it's not what you're doing that we have a problem with, it's how you went about doing it. Better communication would have made people a lot less frustrated with you. I already posted my opinions on the contest and how there needs to be communication on that so I won't repeat myself.

So it's nothing personal, and like you said you're striving to improve yourself! Anyway, I look forward to your review with the control+c and control+v buttons hot =p!

#234 Tactim, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  15. Blessed Kawa

Blessed Kawa Regular Member

Financial Consultant
    Hi guys,

I was following this thread with full of excitement and after 10 pages of nothing and " BULL **** " from this so called guy who is going to write a review, my advice is, don't trust him. He is full of bull **** and only loves to tease and not sincere. If he is not ready for the review, don't even start the thread and get people anxious about the review. He is only a teaser, like a slut who tease a man and got him frustrated. This guy should be banned from creating this type of thread.

16. Blessed Kawa

Blessed Kawa Regular Member

Financial Consultant
    I fully agree with Tactim 100%. This guy should emulate people like Paul Stewart and plenty of others who are generous in sharing their knowledge. After keeping people waiting for so long for his review, he can keep his review in his toilet and flush it down. Pls don't bother to write. Perhaps we can look to Paul Stewart or someone else for the review, why let this guy spoil your day. He thinks he's a superstar with many fans and followers but only full of Bull S...

17. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Regular Member

Umm, Please do bother to write it. If you really have such a problem waiting for it, just don't read it or come to this thread. Everyone else is waiting patiently for it.
    I think you've misunderstood that ants is doing us a favour by posting a review of the racquet, he's under no obligation to do it. He's taking his own free time for our benefit.

18. King's

King's Regular Member

My guess would be that Ants definitely has clocked in the hours and is done with the review. It's just a matter of when the amber light turns to green.;) Cheers.

19. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

To Master Ants
    1) Thank you Master Ants for all the good work reviewing in the past, present and future.
    2) Thank you for taking time and write up the reviews because that take time off your sleep or extra time from your life outside of your work.
    3) Thank you for bring YY news to this forum when some of us can not for reason we can not say.
    Have a nice week to you
    Your #2 fan

20. TaRaKaN

TaRaKaN Regular Member

Who's the #1 fan??? How do you know you're #2. I could be #2!!!! Dammit - form a line!

:D