How to beat Lin Dan?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by pBmMalaysia, Jan 26, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    as i feared:crying:
    lindan should help lcw to beat bcl:mad:
    now,lcw will face a even tougher opponent for his 1st ae:(

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    how could i have miss this....

yes, your point is correct - to beat ld forget about good back hand and taufik is the best example when it comes to good back hand player but why does he use it? obviously he is not fast enough every time when he uses it...

to beat ld one has to be extremely fast (in almost everything) so if you are slow and keeps on using your back hand you gonna run more!

#162 pBmMalaysia, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  3. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i can see the china version of the mas bolehian forming:crying:

with ld out in this ae 10 here comes china boleh fans...with bcl:eek:

what does it mean when the china top 1 & 2 player lost?
    lin dan losing to bao c.lai is no surprising but chen jin losing to tago k. is indeed serious!
    could it be the whole china men's team not ready?:D

4. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

So funny, I saw the China news reporting about the loss suffered by China's team.

The reporters interviewed Lu Lan, Chen Jin and Li Yong Bo gave an interview.

The most humiliating part is LYB gave FHF/CY a dressing down after the loss in the quaterfinal.

FHF/CY stood in attention like cowered school boys, while LYB just gave them a tongue lashing. The camera just kept rolling, talk about public humiliation. :D

5. Ayabrea

Ayabrea Regular Member

LCW now has a new more effective way to deal with LD, just arrange for BCL to win for you. :eek: 90 % of all gamblers in China are probably preparing to bare arms to riot. Well done BCL. I see LD losing this as a good thing, because this will make LD train even harder to get back on top. Next tourney, LD will be back with a vengence.

Ayabrea

6. Ayabrea

Ayabrea Regular Member

This just in, LD choked on the cigar, fell over his chair and hurt his right hand. Thousands of gamblers rush to ER due to unexpected cardiac arrest due to upset. The sacrafice of small animals has convinced the dark gods to empower BCL to pull a huge upset today. LCW has purchased a case of champaigne and cigars to celerbrate LD's los... I mean BCL's win. The final should be epic.

Ayabrea

7. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    just what makes you think he will train harder by losing ae10? he has more 'life' than training nowadays and i think it will be quite hard to make a come back but then some die hard ld boleh fans will just keep waiting...:crying:

8. Ayabrea

Ayabrea Regular Member

Cause his livelihood is at stake. Athletics in China is very different than capitalistic countries.
    Professional athletes are brought up solely to play competitively in international play, they are not provided with sufficient education for self determination outside of the sport they have been brought up to play. Unfortunately, the gap between first and second place is huge, to the point where its meaningless. For example, if you watched the 3000M short track at the winter 2010 olympics , you can see the differences in reaction between them winning gold and silver. When they won silver, they looked like they lost. It wasn't until they won gold did they begin to celerbrate. China's policy is borderline only first place gets rewarded. LD has at least another 1 olympics in him, so you can be damn sure he's going to train for gold.

Ayabrea

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    ld helping lcw, you must be kidding and does he needs the help lol, also you must be kidding:D:D

10. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Thats right. Lcw need to beat ld to lessen the pain in his arse. But CHJ gave ld a slap right on his face and now BCL kicks his teeth. Ouch:p.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D Dang, that was classic

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

SO lin dan lost in the quarter final to bao chun lai who was then lost to kenichi tago of Japan.

Should we ask bao chun lai what's the secret recipe that he know to beat lin dan?:D

13. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Here the secrets to beat LD is finally reviewed.
    P.S.- use with cautions because the writer at times dont even know what he was writing.:cool:

14. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    we all know that and i think you are not aware of ld's standing right now, he's no more the up and coming athletic needing big titles to work his way up! he has fame and fortune now and if i am not wrong he could be richest badminton player ever...if i were him i would not want to sweat it ever again to win some small €€$$ whereby he can post here and there, pretend to sing a song or 2 and makes more €€€$$$ with beautiful girls around...???:D

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    aha..you better take good shelter now, you got on his nerves and he will be coming for you with lin dan still sober i hope...:crying:

16. Ayabrea

Ayabrea Regular Member

I am fully aware of his status in the badminton world, he has virtually achieved every conceivable award in badminton. The only thing left is for him to set records. I have no doubt in my mind that he is among the richest badminton players in the world and I fully agree with your idea, if I were him, I, too, would use my fame and fortune to pursue other more profitable things than compete in badminton for insignificant rewards.

However, the Chinese government also realize this and if Lin Dan were allowed to pursue what you purpose, it would mean the premature termination of their return from all that they have invested in Lin Dan. So the Chinese governments have things in place to prevent this sort of thing and the proof is simple:

Observe that Yonex had been a major sponsor for Lin Dan before the Olympic games, they even made a special AT700 limited edition racquet for him, something reserved for only the badminton elite. The 2008 Olympic games roll around and he switches to Li Ning, a relative newcomer in the badminton racquet industry. So I ask the question, who would you prefer to be your major sponsor? Li Ning or Yonex? Its obvious that Yonex would be much more rewarding because they hold a dominating share of the market, in fact, I dare say that there is nothing that Li Ning can offer to Lin Dan that Yonex cannot meet or even double, but yet, Lin Dan switched to Li Ning. Why? Because the Chinese government said so. There are things put in place by the Chinese government to ensure absolute obedience from their people, Lin Dan is no exception. This is the unfortunate reality of being a Chinese athlete.

Ayabrea

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    noted and i think the above was reported in the press and also from some bc members.

well, since you mentioned it so detail, one question which i couldn't find the answer yet - if the government is in a way 'influential' (hope this is not politic), then how come they have no control over him in terms of his 'new life'? i don't have to know much about it but he did mentioned in his press interview..about his training

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    With LD's reported earnings in millions of US$, I have no doubt he is the richest player of all time. During my KL trip, Eric from Pertama Complex told me that LD income from endorsement to winning prize $$$, etc are withhold by CHN, and will be released to LD upon his retirement. That way, LD keeps motivated to play and train, not getting spoiled, even though he is very rich and can retire anytime as you say. When LD can or 'allow' to retire, if you read carefully, is for CHN to decide (i.e. when LD is no longer good and someone can take over, I guess). I find this very interesting and differs from BAM which reward her players instantly and the players went downhill after that (Pemuda has said this many times before). Maybe Rudy from his contact and friendship with the CHN players can clarify.

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

OT :
    China is different from other countries. Plus I read that LD bought a nice apartment with XXF,need $$$ for that.

BAM is actually slower than quite a number democratic countries in terms players actually getting their winnings (1 yr or later). Some rewards are also less in comparision

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Agree CHN is quite different than others. Actually, when I first heard that, I can see it is possible CHN can do that to LD and anyone. CHN players are selected and trained from young, state sponsored and all. CHN can claim 50% of winnings from tournament winnings and players get to keep the other 50% only.
    What I did not say exactly is that CHN does not withhold ALL 100% $$$, LD gets some $$$ for his needs like apartment, spending, etc. Not really a bad thing for CHN to do...it is win-win...CHN developed LD be what he is today, LD glorify CHN, LD gets rich and famous and not get spoiled, etc....it works and both sides benefit.
    Again, it is what I heard and I find it quite interesting and if you think carefully, it is possible. Maybe someone can confirm this 'rumour'.

#180 OneToughBirdie, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010