Klipper M140 Stringing Instruction

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by silentheart, Jun 6, 2007.

1. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    they switched to the oem hi qua ones.

2. iluforever

iluforever New Member

Does it mean they're the same as Hi Qua clamps and there's no need to buy the Hi Qua clamps separately?

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

No, Hi-Qua one is made out of steel while the new Klippermate badminton clamp is aluminum just like Eagnas one. (hint)

However, you do not need to buy a new badminton clamp like before. BUT, i will still suggest you to buy an Yonex badminton clamp for crosses.

4. iluforever

iluforever New Member

Thanks Silentheart. I have already ordered the M140 and was about to buy the Hi-Qua clamp. Now I can save it for the Yonex one =)

5. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Wait when exactly did Klipper switch to the Hi-Qua OEM ones? Because I have two that look very similar to the Hi-Qua ones and I just want to be sure. I ordered them early spring of this year, sometime in January/February.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I remember it is later 2009. The fly clamp I used is my own. I use them for testing before I recommended it to KlipperUSA. Please call and ask them for correct date.
    (800)522-5547 (847)742-1300

7. fandulan

fandulan Regular Member

network engineer
    will there be any problem if i will use 4 hiqua flying clamps instead off using yonex flying clamps

8. The Godfather

The Godfather Regular Member

Racket Stringer
    none at all:)just a different brand:)

9. fandulan

fandulan Regular Member

network engineer
    thanks so much godfather, im having problem tying the mains off my racket with 2 flying clamps. i am just a newbi on my klippermate m140. i hope it will be fine as soon as my new flying clamps arrive.

10. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    fandulan, there should not be a problem using only 2 flying clamps. I learned how to string with only two flying clamps, the ones Klipper sent me. What kind of a knot are you using to finish?

11. fandulan

fandulan Regular Member

network engineer
    i still cant figure out what type of knot i will make coz when im doing the stringing on this procedure:
    Start from top centre, keep on stringing until B9 ( skip A8 & A10 ). Go through B12, directly to A15 , and then straight to A13, down to B10 and tie off at B8.

i cannot tie off at b8 coz im lock on b10. what im thinking if im going to take the clamp on b2 i will lose the whole tension. probably i already commit mistake from the start. now i broke 1 string.

i will still keep on trying ....

12. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    First of all, you should not go all the way on one side, then all the way on the other. This will probably cause damage and break your racket. Instead, on the Klipper, I liked to go four out to start with on one side, then four on the other side, so now you have 8 mains strung. Then do 2 on each side, alternating. then once all the mains are done and there is one clamp on each side holding the b10 main to the b9 main on the bottom (towards the shaft/handle side), I thread the string up through the b8 grommet and tie off. You should tie off, then release the clamp. There should be no need to remove the clamp before tying the not.

if you can show us a picture of the stage where you have trouble, it would help us out because we can then diagram it. to do this, mount the racket like normal, and string the mains like you would as if you are stringing, but do not tension the mains, then when you get stuck, take a picture of the situation and we can help you.

13. fandulan

fandulan Regular Member

network engineer
    so how many clamps do i really need. i already ordered 2 more clamps. i hope it will be sufficient..

14. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    The bare minimum is 2.

4 is the optimum, it helps to prevent tension loss.

15. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

im going to post a few videos soon. one is how to pull tension on a pre-weave racket and another showing how to double pull the mains. Right now ive hit a lazy phase and I only use 2 fly clamps. 4 is needed when you get to 27+ lbs or if you use a crank. Drop weights and constant pull only need 2 clamps for the entire job. You can use 1 on each side for the mains and use 2 together for the crosses.

16. fandulan

fandulan Regular Member

network engineer
    im really so excited to watch that video. right now im still very careful on my stringing procedures and i really appreciate the concepts you guys are giving me. i will post everything that happens while im stringing with my new klippermate. i know for those newbis it will help them also.

17. The Godfather

Racket Stringer
    i'l put up a video of the last main strings and tie off with two pros pro clamps

18. The Godfather

Racket Stringer
  19. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

fandulan, look at the image here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1388093&postcount=20 your string pattern should be the same as this. Im a little confused by your directions "Start from top centre, keep on stringing until B9 ( skip A8 & A10 ). Go through B12, directly to A15 , and then straight to A13, down to B10 and tie off at B8."

It should be, string from the middle until b9, go up through b12-a11, down a10-b10. The only hole you should be skipping is b11. If you do that, you can then tie @b8 as in the picture. Take a moment to study it.

If you are only using fly clamps, then you will not be pulling the outside most mains (11th). You will be doing a "double pull," which is pulling 2 strings at one time. You pull the 9th main, clamp, then you pull both the 10th and 11th at the same time downward. You can use your clamps from under the racket to give yourself some room on top when you do your tie off.

20. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    Fandulan, take a look at the stringing instructions for these specific rackets.
    http://www.yonex.com/badminton/stringing_instructions/index.html

this should guide you which grommet to string/tension through as you did not mention the specific racket you're stringing. Btw it wont hurt to add 1-2lbs on the last main as you'll be tying off the knot and tension lost will occur :)