Yonex Nanoray 700 FX / 700 RP (NR700FX / NR700RP)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by demolidor, Jun 30, 2011.

1. BadmintonBoy

BadmintonBoy Regular Member

I have a Yoney Nanoray770FX for sale, played for 2 hours only. bought 18 June 2012.

if interested call or sms me 0122073659 (Malaysia, Selangor)

very good price :)

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    You need to post this as a new thread in the buy/sell sub-forum... Also, forum rules state that you must indicate the selling price... hope this helps... :)

3. BadmintonBoy

BadmintonBoy Regular Member

I already posted there. Thanks.

Anyway, selling for RM300.00. racket is 1 day old only.

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Apparently this has a soft/medium feel and is quote smooth in texture, which means you won't get much "bite" on the smashes. There's a thread on this string...
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...6803-Victor-NS-660Ti-string-(NS660-Ti-NS660Ti)

You might need to try out hard strings like the BG80 as well, to find out what gives you the best performance balance. I think quite a few pros use this racquet so I guess it all depends on how you set it up. However, if you're an all-out aggressive singles player, you'd probably want to go for a head-heavy swatter. :D

5. joeitay1987

joeitay1987 Regular Member

Student
    Haha, I'm not as aggressive as i used to be already. Changed my style haha. Anyway that string, i think its quite good, BUT it loses its tension quite easily. Thats the down side.

6. robotshuttle

robotshuttle Regular Member

i am an all out offensive player but not as much speed wiv heavy rackets so i was thinking because i m quiet strong so i can still get power out of a light racket and stillllll have speed:D:D:D:D:D

7. robotshuttle

robotshuttle Regular Member

how good is the RP at smashing compared to vt80:D

8. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Can someone be so kind to comment on NR700FX/RP vs. VT70? A bit un-decide which to go for. :D

9. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    They're two very different rackets.

I've got a VT70 and NR700RP. The former's head heavy and its shaft flexes quite a bit, while the NR700 swings faster and packs a bigger punch in my opinion.

Stiff shafts have that effect :)

10. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Desouled, thank you for commenting.

Which one is more user friendly in your opinion?

11. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    NR700RP - shots are easier to execute and less effort to move around the court as a result.

Been meaning to write a review about it but I don't get enough time with the racket as of now.

12. Helios

Helios Regular Member

After reading this topic I still can't decide what should I buy between NR 7000FX/RP or NS 9900 ...

I v tried the NS9900 and it s definitely an excellent racquet for my game-play (double, front court).
    But NR is the new series and will replace NS (tell me if i m wrong). The NS starts to be an old racket generation... (imo)

I need something with good control but also easy for clears/drive return (def).

I don't "usually" smash because of my lack of power but when I do I try to be accurate as possible.

Thx for any advice ;)

13. slice99

slice99 Regular Member

h1.jpg

New design for the nanoray 700rp looks amazing.

14. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i think all of them are great rackets, despite the fact that i can't generate a fast enough smash with the 700rp because it's so light. but if control is what you need, all of them are fine. but i think fine tuning your arm to get a more accurate shot might be a better option than buy a new racket, unless you need one to play.

15. Helios

Helios Regular Member

I definitely need a new one ASAP. My main racquet is a NS8000LTD 3U, but I start to read some good stuff about the new generation for this one the Nanoray 800. Unfortunately, it is not available in Europe. I am struggling to make a decision because the NS9900 will also be replace in the new generation NanoRay 900 ... :(
    I just pray for Yonex to make the NR800 available ASAP in EU.

#375 Helios, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  16. visor

visor Regular Member

Just wait a bit longer, the 800 literally just came out very recently. That'll be silly of Yonex not to make it available in EU, as the only pro players using them now are 3 Danish players spotted using it at the recent Olympics, ie Laybourn, Juhl, Pedersen. :)

17. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

If am going for NS9000S/X instead of NR700RP/FX. What do you say? :D

18. taz4000

taz4000 Regular Member

Freelancer
    I have had my 700fx for almost a year now, honestly I stopped playing with it for a little bit as I found it lacked in the aspect of generating power for smashes and even clears.

So I took to playing a Apacs Lethal 7 strung at 28lbs and it was a sledge hammer when it comes to smashing, at first I had no problem dealing with the stiffness of this racket, everything was going great but I started to notice that my hands would cramp after a long night of play with this racket, I started noticing that all the vibrations got too much for me. Then I still kept playing with it because the power is really addictive, and finally the strings gave away after a month and a bit and I switched to my backup VT7.

Now I had bought a Yonex Voltric 7 which I picked up purely because I thought it was a decent cheap racket which I had strung at 26lbs, really a great racket for a new player looking for something good to play tricky slices and drops, a very direct racket but not a power racket by any means nor is it advertised as one but just a racket that is very predictable but not something I would use all the time. Then the strings broke on these as well after a week of play while my APACS L7 is still getting strung up.

So all I am left with is my 700fx which at this point I had all but given up on, but now after playing with a super powerful racket (L7) and my predictable VT7, I have this racket that at first feels like the racket I had given up on but then something changed. I started noticing that my clears all of a sudden were going exactly where I wanted them to go, my backhands are phenomenally better, my smashes are crisp and going down in very steep angles not as fast nor loud but way more effective, because I can literally point the shoot the shuttle where I want. Control of the shuttle at the end of the day favors my play tactic more than power and I have boat loads of it with the NR700fx.

So what changed? Basically I was changing the grips on all my rackets one day and went **** it I am going to cut the strings on this thing and try something new, so I had bought some Yonex BG 66 Maxima and I really didn't care about the warranty on the racket so I got my friend to string it up at 26lbs and I forgot about using it for ages and now this thing just sings. The sound of the racket is so satisfying and everything is so sharp and instant, its just a beautiful racket for doubles play.

For singles play it obviously lacks in the smashing force but I am hoping to remedy that by getting the newly released NR800, because from what I have read and can gauge is that the NR700RP is just not stiff enough and NR800 stats seem like just what I have been thinking about.

Note: Didn't want to start a new thread

19. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

20. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member