Fleet FT-22 Titanium Mesh safe tension?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by theendless, Aug 25, 2013.

1. theendless

theendless Regular Member

Hi, I bought this racket 10+ years ago and now I cannot find anything online regarding this racket. (Fleet FT-22 Titanium Mesh) I have a vague memory of stringing this to 18lbs perhaps because I was young at that time. I want to string it to somewhere <26lb but I am not sure if the racket can take it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. theendless

I actually emailed fleet and they told me if the racket has never been strung before I can go up to 28lbs, but if it has been strung before, it can go to 23-24lbs. Does anyone know if there's a reason behind this? Thanks!

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Theres also factors that must apply , so this is a old racquet right? So have you ever clashed with it, mishit, drop it, etc. but I suggest you would string at like a lower tension first then your racquet should be getting used too of tensions.

4. theendless

Yes it's an old racket (at least 10years, titanium graphite with built in T-joint), dropped plenty of times. I don't remember if I have clashed with it, but I am sure it has for all those time I played with it. It has always been strung at 18lb as long as I remember. I just want to string it to somewhere between 23-26lb. Not sure if it will hold.

5. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I suggest you could goto 20 and work your way up ever two pounds

6. theendless

what is the logic behind this? Just wondering. Does the racket actually "get used to" a certain tension and can proceed to a higher one?? I thought they just have a threshold of breaking and no matter how slow you do it, it will break at the same point?

7. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Yeah the racquet should get used to holding tensions, it can break the racquet if you go like really high. My nanospeed 100 really low end made in Taiwan 25 lbs and my nanoray 20 low end 25 lbs they all hold these tensions when the racquet recommendation is like 21-24 lbs or so

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if the logic is that you work your way up with tension, then why would it be ok for the racket to go straight to 28lbs if it's never been strung? won't that "shock" the racket?

9. theendless

that was my question, i have no idea how a racket can "grow" to a certain tension...

10. golfdiva

golfdiva New Member

great.I just want to string it to somewhere between 23-26lb. Not sure if it will hold.thanks[​IMG]