Record of walkover and retired between same country player since 2006

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by limsy, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    only 1 retirement out of 65 matches of CHN vs CHN during 2000 OG qualification period, means only 1.51 %. Compare it with 12 or even 13 ret or w/o during 2008 OG qualification period within 65 - 70 matches of CHN vs CHN. 0 % related ? LOL. Prove it

#221 Fortune, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    again i stress
    this thread is merely for the record of walkover and retired between same country player since 2006.
    other matter is out of discussion.:rolleyes:
    as i said earlier,u can create your own thread about your data and not hijack mine.
    thanks

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    lots of talks - Thanks..;)

where is your critics to saina nehwal and Taufik when they do w/o or retired ??? - Friend, Thanks for remembering me. This is my duty as well to make you to remember the topic again. As limsy mentioned earlier, this topic is particularly about "Record of walkover and retired between same country player since 2006". If you wanna open a separate thread for discussing those things which you mentioned, i will definitely help you in giving my valuable critics as you are very much interested in..!!;):D

4. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Wow!What the heck is this all about...?
    Just because the number is constrained doesn't mean that they are being unfair.
    This is not limited to only badminton,but tennis too(may be other sports too,I don't know).
    The point he is making has no sense.
    If we take what he is saying into account,
    In tennis,only four members are allowed from a country in olympics.And only top 56 are allowed.But we have 9 Spain players,& 7 france players in top 56.They never complained that they are unfairly treated.

5. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    first, who talk about olympic's spirit first ? second,how about post #60 & 63 ? http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-between-same-country-player-since-2006/page4
    this will lead into LD vs LCW rivalry which is clearly out of topic. instead of remind pjswift to stay on topic, the thread starter even add more "spices" into the out of topic post
    lol. clearly out of topic but you can discuss it. but for me, even though it is very related, it can't discuss in this thread
    lol. Just bcoz you can't proved your own words so you ask me to open another thread ? fantastic

6. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    several off topic posts is ok as long as it is comment about china negative. But when I present the facts that bwf is the part to blame for china ret or w/o after bwf set unfair regulation, so why I have toopen another thread ? It is very related, so every one knows who's to blame

7. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    what are you talking about ? from 7 spots in the past and now it's only 4 spots, is it fair ? if world # 50, 60, and 70 can go to World Championships while world # 9, 10 and 11 can not go, is this fair ?
    if that's the case, then why BWF only targetting China as the strongest country in badminton ? why BWF didn't set the rule that 3 players / pairs can go to WC as long as they are in top 12 instead of 3 in top 24 ? this will make INA, DEN, and KOR is difficult to have 3 reps in WC lol http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...and-the-2103-World-Championship-qualification
    in badminton, IOC and BWF only allows 3 spots per countries if they are in top 4...formerly 3 in top 8. however, the regulation for other strong countries still the same. In 2008, China only have 2 reps in OG, bcoz XZB / ZYW only as world #5. However, Indonesia that already have 5 - 6 spots in OG 2012, also get wild card in WS, so they have all reps in all 5 sectors. wow. fantastic. I think IOC wants to make badminton more popular around the world, but why they give the OG ticket to Indonesia instead of the third world country in badminton ???

#227 Fortune, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Actually there was a few comparisions between same country & different country walkovers, retirements in earlier pages. I think I did for LCW, PG, Taufik for 1 year, just some stats to show the difference with LD, CJ, CL, BCL. The percentage of difference is rather substantial.

For non CHina players, one can calculate the same country and different country data fast, can divide to 'walkover', retired', 'did not participate/withdraw before tournament started' some more. Because.... not as many to count as most of the time they played.:p

BUT, dont request I do the calculations for all, that would be tedious. If you're interested, do the calculations yourself, the BWF ranking page is there for all to see.

9. sen

sen Regular Member

I would say that many countries are affected by rules in other sports too. In badminton, there was a time when Japan WD were affected by the maximum numbers rule.

However, some people would try to do something while some would not.

And some fans would support the moves by reasoning that it is not their fault while some other fans are not supporting it.

And I did not understand what you mean by wild card in WS for OG 2012. Maybe you should check again the definition of wild card. I think in OG 2012, all INA representatives qualify by the rules.

#229 sen, Jan 31, 2013
  10. eaglehelang

Btw, Limsy, did you do the record for 2012? Do you mind to repost as it has gotten lost in the clutter.;);)

Scorpion, why dont you do one for Saina for the year 2011 and 2012, same country and different country add up together also I think would not be many;) We dont argue with other arguements, just put up the stats.

#230 eaglehelang, Jan 31, 2013
  11. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Japan WD ? may I know when is it ? and they are in top 12 ? top 24 ? or top 32 ?
    are u sure ? febe ranked # 33, firda # 38, but it is firda that goes to olympics. i'm sure you can read an article in bahasa Indonesia, right ? here is it : http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/201...Wildcard.Olimpiade.bagi.Firdasari.Tak.Sportif

#231 Fortune, Jan 31, 2013
  12. eaglehelang

I give one example :
    Lee Chong Wei for the year 2012 :
    Walkover : 1, SS Finals. Conceded walkover to Boonsak & Hu Yun at group stage
    Retired : 1, TC 2012 vs Peter Gade, this was the ankle injury
    Withdrawn before tournament started : 5- Swiss GP Gold, Indonesia(due to ankle injury), France(marriage preparation),China(marriage), Macau GP Gold

Walkover =1/17(5.89%). Retired= 1/17(5.89%).
    Withdrawn before tournament started =5/17(29.41%)
    The percentage for withdrawing from tournament at 29.41% is LCW's career highest I think

Withdrawn before tournament started is put into another category as BWF may do & have done before a redraw depending on when the player withdraw. We also dont know who the player was supposed to be playing against when we look back the tournament page

#232 eaglehelang, Jan 31, 2013
  13. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    from Jan 1999 - May 2001 : w/o or ret during Chn vs Chn was only 1 match. However, Chn players conceded w/o or ret to other countries (at least) 6 times ! 4 times during Korea open 1999, and @ 1 match during AE & Jpn 1999

14. sen

sen Regular Member

Kompas is often wrong too. There is no wildcard. Wildcard by definition is not that. Yes, Febe is ranked higher than Firda but sending Firda instead of Febe is not called giving Firda wildcard. Check the definition of wildcard in IOC instead of kompas.

Shizuka Natsuo/Mami Naito were ranked 7 but did not go to Olympics because there were 2 higher ranked Japanese WD.

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Eagle, your example on LCW is irrelevant to the thread title.
    And I don't think LCW has the luxury of giving walkovers to his countryman and the reason is obvious.

16. eaglehelang

I know LCW dont have that luxury. Just showing LCW seldom give walkovers or retirements in the 1st place, same as many non China players. Whether same country, different country, different half country(England/Scotland):p also it's less often when compared

#236 eaglehelang, Jan 31, 2013
  17. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    if BWF (and IOC) is fair for every countries, then China will not deploy this "dirty" tactic, just like in the past...surely this thread will never appear

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    What BWF has to do with all the walkovers done by a particular country's players???:confused:. If he/she does it for the sake of his country in order for any reason(to gain ranking points or any other reason), would it be due to the impact of BWF?? :confused:. Not at all in any case ... No other country is doing that kind of act continuously in recent years(whole world knows that) :rolleyes:. If you do something and blaming others for that act is not at all good thing to do in any kind of sport. :rolleyes:.

19. sen

sen Regular Member

That's true. But if China chose not to deploy the tactic, then this thread will never appear too.

20. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    no offence, but I really want to know about this. When is it ? and what ranking are they ?