BAM warns Mohd Hafiz Hashim & Kuan Beng Hong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Isn't that amazing? He reached the MSF without stretching himself physically or mentally.Maybe BAM should send him to 3 GP Gold and let him know to reach finals and win 1 title or he's out.After all, there are so many MAS MS to send out for exposure.

2. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    His cool game and his trademark smashes cost him an AE title once.
    Be that Hafiz.With a desire to win and yes, as you said, the effort he put on the court should be maximum. I don't want to comment on his fitness and consistency in one game, but as an 'optimists', sure there's a way out of any problem.

Well, it is too obvious that he is indeed enjoyed the final comeback after 3 years. Let him la.

#182 koo_fan, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Hafiz Hashim has now realised that he can do it, if he wants to do it

Although many are criticising HH here, I am as optimistic as koo_fan (for HH).

Yes, HH did not win the 2009 India Open. But why was he so happy?
    IMHO, HH has now realised that he can do it, if he wants to do it.

Hope that he will now be encouraged to train/work harder, to be more determined in his mental approach at matches, and to realise that he has the talent/skill to make a comeback.

It's not too late for HH. He can easily get back into the TOP 10 World Ranking Positions by the end of 2009.

:):):)

#183 chris-ccc, Mar 31, 2009
  4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ah, you still have hope for Hafiz, my brave friend. You were the only brave one who dared to even think Hafiz could beat Chen Long. ;)
    Hafiz perhaps, really has to taste the reins of a different coach, like Misbun said bf. If I'm not mistaken, Hafiz didnt train under Li Mao but stayed on with Misbun cos of communication barrier - Li Mao communicated to the players in chinese, doesnt speak English or Malay.
    The cool Misbun doesnt suit Hafiz's laid back style.

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

His habit of using (often meaningless) trick shots comes from his constant lack of stamina. When you cannot run anymore, you pretty much have to rely on trick shots.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes he could....but will beat and could beat is different mah...right???

we will see if he can do it again or not in korea

#186 limsy, Mar 31, 2009
  7. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    India open final is good for him..
    He can do better next time.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    maybe he doesn't believe in running, it make him sweat and look uncool. Running is for the short players:D

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Threats from BAM only produced runner-up position in a tournament without LCW, LD or peter gade, i think it is too demanding to ask HH to win 1 out 3 GP except maybe all the stars in the sky are lined up, no LCW, no LD, PG's toe still hurting and TH has a bad stamina day.
    -------------------------------------
    Tuesday March 31, 2009
    Rashid wants to see a more fired-up and consistent Hafiz

KUALA LUMPUR: Shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim will have to show that the fire he rekindled in the just concluded India Open will not be extinguished again.

And he gets the chance to do so in the Asian Championships (ABC), which will be held in Suwon, South Korea, from April 7-12.

National chief coach Rashid Si**dek, however, did not want to read too much into Hafiz’s good run in Hyderabad where he was beaten by Indonesian Taufik Hidayat in the final.

Throughout the tournament, Hafiz showed that he was determined to prove a point, especially after the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) had given him an ultimatum to shape up or ship out following mediocre performances since winning the 2006 Philippines Open.

“Hafiz is still the skilful player we all know. In India this time, he was able to push himself, probably because of the stern warning from the BAM,” said Rashid.

“But skill alone is not enough to survive. We are not looking at one or two good performances but looking at a player who is consistent and has the heart to play good badminton all the time.

“I would like to see how Hafiz fares at the ABC before making any recommendation. He showed that he was fitter (in India). The challenge will be tougher at the ABC and he has to raise his game higher.”

Rashid felt that Hafiz could have made it just as big in badminton as compatriot and world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei if he were more serious in training over the last two years.

“He did not set high targets. A de**feat did not affect him greatly. And we did not see him pushing hard in training. What we saw from Hafiz was a relaxed attitude. ” he said.

“It is all up to him on whether he wants to make a genuine comeback. I am hoping that Hafiz is back for good as far as winning honours in badminton is concerned. We can then look forward to the Thomas Cup Finals next year with more confidence.”

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    It's good to see discussions on Hafiz's comeback is once again 'relevant' and sensible.
    Together with all 4 star players in Badminton, we need him to be competitive enough. That's all.
    We'd not want to see a waste of his talent.

#190 koo_fan, Mar 31, 2009
  11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Just wait for 1 more tourney..

..the BAC, and see their result and then we all can start judging, forecasting what will happen to both HH & KBH, criticizing, praising (bolehing?), maybe ridiculing and all those things all over again..:cool:

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    HH can get back easily into top 10?? We'll see......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    To win matches, Hafiz cannot be depending on just his skill and confidence alone

eaglehelang ... Yes, Li Mao communicates in Chinese only.

At the 2006 Commonwealth Games held here in Melbourne, I met up with the contingent of MAS Mens Singles team, consisting of players, Lee Chong Wei and Wong Choong Hann, and coach Li Mao. Hafiz wasn't selected and he did not come.

As a coach myself, I examine not only the players' skill but also their determination to win matches. As for Hafiz, I can only comment from what I see in tournament video. And I can say that Hafiz is just lazy when playing his matches. :eek::eek::eek:

Skill-wise, I would rate HH high up there with LCW and WCH.
    Confidence-wise, HH is the best.
    Determination-wise, WCH is the best.
    Fitness-wise, LCW is the best.

Of course, we all know that it is LCW who produces the best results for Malaysia.

Let's hope that HH can wake up now. He should realise that to win matches, he cannot be depending on just his skill and confidence alone.

#193 chris-ccc, Mar 31, 2009
  14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u mean 'over' confidence of HH:D Surprised that lcw and HH didn't learn a thing or 2 from sparing each other.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I think..^^

..HH might've been surprised he could actually reach the Finals Round without having to exert much effort, let alone sweat...Of course, he thought, in the back of his mind, he could stroll through the Final round and defeat Taufik with the same kind of effort he brought in the earlier rounds..;)

16. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Malaysia badminton team , only Lee chong wei is good, the rest are below par, unlike china. China without lin dan , there's still bao chunlai , chen jin , now with Chen long coming up the rank , making it in the semi final of india open.

I hope Malaysia can give Arif a chance to compete more in the tournaments to give him more exposure. Right now i feel in malaysia he is the most talented player now.

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I beg your pardon!!!! :mad:

What do you mean by only LCW is good???! And by the way, thats Datuk Lee Chong Wei to you, the current MS WR1, SO champion & champion amongst all the village champions.

We, Malaysia is a badminton powerhouse, take a good look at our trophy cabinet, it is full with titles like Penang, Johor, Kedah, SSF etc etc. Our famous Malaysia Boleh roar will send all our opponents running for cover.

Arif is not the only talent we have right now. When in comes to talents, we have a bagful of talented shuttlers like HH, KBH, Saiful Apek etc etc.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    both didnt sparing all the time....maybe one a week....:confused:...because before that....hafiz is with nusa mansuri...not bam....last year just back to bam....;)

arif????compare his result alone with lydia is enough to say....;)....as the squad member in 2007 junior asian team champion...other have been acheive much more than arif...;)

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student

If you replace those words , it'll sound honest.;)

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    don't worry after HH exploit in India Open,
    he will be selected for more assignments..;););)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.