Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Indonesia's badminton hall of shame
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/08/15/indonesia-s-badminton-hall-shame.html

Mustaqim Adamrah, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Headlines | Wed, August 15 2012, 9:54 AM

Paper Edition | Page: 2

Coming to London with high hopes of retaining its gold medal tradition, Indonesia’s badminton squad was forced to swallow a bitter pill, not only because it ended up heading home empty-handed, but also due to two players being disqualified from the quadrennial event for unsportsmanlike behavior.

Greysia Polii and Meiliana Jauhari were two of eight players issued a black card by the referee during their July 31 match for “not using one’s best efforts to win a match”. The other six shuttlers were the South Korean pairs of Ha Jung-eun/Kim Min-jung and Jung Kyung-eun/Kim Ha-na as well as Chinese pair Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang.

The Badminton World Federation (BWF) disqualified the eight players the next day, a slap in the face for badminton ever since the sport was officially included in the Olympics in 1992.

“We are trained by our seniors who have world-class experience. We are ready to lose, but not to be accused of cheating,” Meiliana said at the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) official website, pb-pbsi.org.

Greysia said she felt saddened by her disqualification. “But at least we tried and finished the game.”

Many demanded the BWF to immediately review the newly introduced round-robin system of competition in the Olympics. The BWF said it would evaluate the round-robin stage but made no promise of any changes.
    ------------------------------------------

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    INA badminton is in disarray today... A lot of anger, confusion, dysfunctional management, distrust, frustration, etc. I do not expect us to do well in this Singapore Series... Gotta wait our sudden Badminton President election in 3 weeks time...

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Do you expect some major shake-up at the elections?

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

We shall see...but I hope some good people will come up and sit at the important posts like Binpres (Pembinaan Prestasi).

5. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Just realize that Tommy Sugiarto is not in the participants list neither in China Master, Japan Open, and Vietnam GP. Where is he? Probably he purpose to 'hide' since his father will be compete to become chairman of PBSI.

6. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    agree, like you said he missed something, he is the one to blame for, but its kind of trendsetter in Indonesia if the leader failed to achieve something than they just say we are sorry we will make a change, but mostly they dont understand that the problem is with the leader itself i mean Djoko Santoso, thats is so pity

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

8. naistav

naistav Regular Member

That is too bad.
    I personally don't want Icuk to become PBSI chairman. But I do support Tommy's career growth.

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    New MD :
    Bona/Afiat
    Rendy/Hardi hardianto
    beside Ahsan/Hendra S

10. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Wishing all the best for them :)

11. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Just one month ago, we saw a rematch between LD and DLCW in OG Final. And now, from what I've been reading so far, we'll most likely see a 'rematch' between Icuk and Gen. Djoko for PBSI chairman. :p
    Who's gonna win? How will we see it? No mercy for the loser, or choose the lesser evil? :cool:

Any idea who Hardi Hardianto is? Newly recruit? :confused:

12. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    enter pelatnas january this year...
    used to pair with felix kinalsal from djarum during in pelatnas, and pair with ivandi danang from mutiara before entering pelatnas...

13. sen

sen Regular Member

Icuk as chairman may be even worse than Djoko. I predict that there is no turnaround yet if either of these 2 as chairman.

Need someone non-political. Icuk is already a politician.

Preferably I think someone from profesional background, perhaps with managerial experience.

Ex-badminton player can even head a university in Indonesia but can't believe that only army people or politician can head PBSI

14. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Thanks. :)
    Hmm, the fact that I have no other info about him aside of his name and his previous partners, I assume he didn't have this luxury namely "international tournament experience", no? :p

I remember Pak Sutiyoso once said about becoming PBSI chairman: He must be capable of raising a hell lot of $$$.
    If not politicians nor the green shirts, then who? ;)

15. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I agree that Icuk is more politician rather than the sportman as he is member and parliament candidate of one Political Party.
    "Political Practice" were influenced in PBSI's head election as so many Pengprovs lead by the Politician not the sport person.

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Mr.Gita Wirawan, our Trade Minister will join the crowd to challenge Icuk..I do not see big chances from Icuk...Electing Icuk is like having worst nightmare,,,...Icuk has no management skill or even Social skills ...electing him is only way to make Indonesia Badminton sinker to the ground.

17. budibadibu

budibadibu Regular Member

Student
    Wow..really?? is it not to busy for him to handle it? I think as Trade minister, Mr. Gita surely have bunch hard works to do... Actually, I prefer someone who is entrepreneur like Chairil Tanjung who had been chairman before.. have a good spirit and can raise a lot money ^_^

18. sen

sen Regular Member

Gita surely can raise funds for badminton and probably increase the profile of the sport. But not so sure whether he is the right man. I think he is the better candidate than the other 2.

Entrepreneurs, depends whether they really love the sport.

19. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Mr. Gita Wirjawan can raise $$$... well, let's just wait and see. Just checked his bio in wiki. Ex-chairman of JP Morgan. Whoa.

But then, what's the consensus again? Anyone but Icuk, isn't it? :p

20. sen

sen Regular Member

There is a joke that everything that JP Morgan owned eventually will sink, such as Titanic and Wall Street
    :D

JP Morgan itself has probably US$60.1 trilliun exposure in derivatives(financial mass weapon of destruction)

Anyway, not that I am saying bad about Gita. He should be smart, Harvard graduate.