Sotx New Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sandy Pan, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Sandy Pan

Sandy Pan Regular Member

international sales

2. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

hi sandy, why do you up-size n underline my name??? WHY???
    it is very rude u know...

i have already let the matter rest n have not responsed to any posting/s... why do u have to highlight my name again?

3. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    uhh....It's just highlight and upsize.....Don't worry, it won't harm you...

4. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Regular Member

Engineer
    Wonder if they still have the BERLIN PASSION Series Line? A friend bought mine years back and heard had won a lot of tourneys with it and still in good condition.

5. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

if everyone went to the distributor or the head office to find a discount and it worked... what would be the point of having local shops and retailers. by going to the manufacturer you are cutting out the middlemen and thus... they lose a business transaction and that means that they make less money for the day. less money means that they cant buy other things and if everyone else started doing that.... doesn't seem right. you know, that situation times 10,000 people...

lots of money lost, and which means that jobs could be lost and then we start going into recessions, people go hungry, people get depressed and desperate and then inflation happens. it's an economic disaster. so... uh... i'm flaming at you, i'm just explaining why they didn't serve you and it was for the greater GOOD.

so understand that sotx was not rude or wasn't trying to serve or wasn't trying to have preference on large quantity buyers over you, it's just that... it wouldn't be good for the economy.

ramble ramble... i'm bored.:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. Charlie Liu

Charlie Liu Regular Member

Engineer
    Dell is the one of the few who sell direct to customers. But then you have to buy online and wait... You dont get to visit a Dell office or factory to see their products.
    Also, if you buy from a Sony showroom for a Discman, etc, you will have to buy more because they cannot undercut their reseller.

7. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

SOTX has many new rackets however... the woven series seems to be superior so far.... in my experience

8. BadYankee

BadYankee Regular Member

hiker
    Truly, most Badminton Players are Die Hard Passionate! I don't think Adventurers and the worse Con Artists would do that crazy, expensive and exhaustive venture. Probably the Lost Few will.
    It would be much better business if the SOTX Headquarters Professionally guided and directed you to the nearest Sales Outlet. Some Discounts will even make your pursuit much worthwhile!:D

9. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

sotx headquarters doesnt pay their employees to show-n-tell their products to one customer that happens to just drop by, that's a waste of resource. just direct them to the nearest carrier of products is ok...

anyways, can we stay on topic in this forum?

10. ah_lee_ba_ba

ah_lee_ba_ba Regular Member

Freelance
    Can any one please message me the contact number for Mr Lim, I would like to go and check the place out. I had bought 1 SOTX entry level racket (STIG), to be frank, quite like the racket, hoping to get another one and hopefully a much cheaper one for woven lol ... Please message me privately, thank you.

11. BrunoLi

BrunoLi Regular Member

tried DM-woven 001 yet?

Hi,
    anybody tried the new DM-woven 001 yet? How dose the 001 compare to the original woven 11/11A or woven 7? Is the 001 in new grommet system or still in the same old grommet system?
    I want to know the maneuverbility, stiffness and power of 001 compare to the w11 or w7.
    thanks in advance

12. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I've tried as well as DM-Woven-002 and DM-Woven-007.
    And Woven-7 still the best at for me.
    DM-Woven series and all SOTX racket are still using old grommet system.
    So far only DM-Woven 11 is very close to Woven-11.
    You may try to contact SOTX agent near your place and try to swing it ....

13. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Hi, are the SOTX rackets iso or oval? Also, is there a SOTX racket similar to arc 10? Thanks in advance :)

14. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

most of them are ISO, actually almost top end rackets are iso now a days, am i wrong?

15. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Difference ?

how to identify DM-Woven-007 and Woven-7 ? whats the differences ?

16. the jerm

the jerm Regular Member

Just got my SK-P01 in the mail today from puppysports.com, great service from them by the way. Looks great (I've always loved white rackets), and says "FALCHION" on the shaft, which is apparently a European one-handed broad-sword, you learn something new everyday I suppose.

Overall quite pleased for the price. Mine came at 86g, 285 balance point, 670cm long, strung with BG-80 at 25lbs (I asked for 27lbs but the max tension on this racket is 25lbs so puppysports said they'd string it at that tension instead). Anyway, these specs make it very similar to my Woven 8 and Woven 12A both strung with BG-80 at 26lbs.

It played better than I expected, it being a lower-end model, comparable to both those other rackets. Clears were easy, drops accurate, and smashes moderately powerful. However, it was noticeably less stable than my wovens, not-unexpected. But might look into higher end SK models when they become available here.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why SOTX changed their symbol from the circle thing to this diamond 'S' thing? Copyright problem?

17. BeefUdon

BeefUdon Regular Member

Technician
    I just browsed through their 4 pages of Sotx rackets but SK-P01 is not there, how you managed to get racket that is not listed on their web ?

18. the jerm

the jerm Regular Member

It was weird actually because I didn't see it either. I had ordered the STB 8080+ for $57, and they emailed me saying that racket is not in stock and if i was interested in purchasing another racket and they would give it to me for the same price. They offered me one from: STB-6280, STB-6086C, STB-6060+, Ti-8A, LG800+, LG600, LG500, LG300, LG200, SW200, SK-P01, Woven-4A, most of these not being on their website, most noticeably almost the entire LG series. I ended up choosing the SK-P01. I'm not even sure how much that racket costs retail.

They must not update their site very regularly, I wouldn't doubt if a lot of the rackets posted are out of stock or not available, most of them are rather old. I would email first before ordering.

19. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    they changed it because the new one is more popular apparently

it just looks a more modern design basically

20. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    For a more complete range of SOTX racquets, check out http://www.sotx.co.kr/.

You have to click around to get to the racquets.