Are you flat-footed?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kwun, Sep 12, 2003.

?

Are you flat-footed?

1. Yes.

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. serasalmus

serasalmus Regular Member

has anybody tried barefoot science?

2. brightwindows

brightwindows Regular Member

I thought I was , but in fact I am not hehe, I am so glad .

3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    If I step on water and tread a path on the floor, it will look flat.
    Looking at the wear on the soles of my leather shoes, I'm not.

I'm confused! :confused:

4. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Reminds me of a very well-known, very successful and very despised Chinese coach :p

5. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

I just want to draw everyone's attention to the best advice here:

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    To understand this, I need to see a theoretical medico-lexicographer first :crying:
    Then... perhaps... a podiatrist :p

7. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I've been given custom-made orthotics by my podiatrist, and it seems like that my flat-footed feet feels no pain at all, but the semi-flat footed foot hurts all the time when I walk.. and what the, no pain at all without orthotics, how funny :S.

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    i have a normal foot then..

9. butch

butch Regular Member

I am flat footed myself but i didnt consider it as a handicap. I played basketball, soccer, and now badminton and was once a marathoner and my coaches would always praise my qickness. I do read some articles regarding flat footed and it says that balancing is the most common problem to people with flat foot. Probably its true since during my childhood i always have to bruise myself coz i always fall down during plays. But somehow, i must have developed my footwork during trainings in basketball. And it must be also be attributed to my ability to quickly read plays and therefore "anticipate" the movements to make. So i would say that being flat footed would be a disadvatage. Its not..Proper training is the key so that one would develop the agility, speed to respond in every play and learn to anticipate so as not to give your opponent a chance to put you off balance.

10. mcjoel

mcjoel Regular Member

Student
    Once in an elementary school a doctor told me I'm flat footed and I should do calf raises. I guess the purpose was to strengthen the ankle and calf muscles and joints. Yes, flat feet are not so stable, but still I didn't listen to the doctor's advice. After those times I've had two ankle sprains and some shin pain, so I bought a wobble board and Super Feet Green insoles. I'm very pleased with the insoles!
    Two minor ankle sprains are not that much and the pain in my shins and calves isn't that bad either, but before anything bigger happens I wanted to sacrifice some money on my feet :)

11. nummertwente

nummertwente Regular Member

Superfeet are a great alternative to expensive custom orthodics if you don't have severely flat feet or bow-legs!

For years and years, I never knew I was flat-footed. It was until a couple years ago when I got back into ice hockey that I found out that I was both flat-footed and bow-legged at the knees. As you can image, the hard pounding of the skate blade just repeatedly sent shockwaves up my ankles to my knees and eventually my hips and lower back. I had minor issues with these areas when I was younger, but I guess getting into my mid-20's, the body has gotten more rigid and some flexibility or softness has been lost in the joints so everything was just magnified x 10.

Around the same time that I discovered these problems, my health insurance discontinued their coverage for custom orthodics and shoes, so I had to opt for Superfeet. They felt very strange for a while, but once I got them in both my skates (Superfeet Grey) and regular shoes (Superfeet Green), they made a world's difference to my feet. No more arch cramps or excessive swelling after a hard run or a long day of walking. My bigger problem though were my knees and the bowleggedness of them. Couldn't get rid of the shock going to the medial side of my knee.

So now with $500 out of my pocket for custom orthodics, my hope is that my knee pain will be reduced compared to when I wore Superfeet, which was in reality an improvement over not having any insoles at all.

But again, Superfeet are great. Even people without obvious foot problems find that they help improve stability and reduce fatigue!

#211 nummertwente, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  12. Baddict_2006

Baddict_2006 Regular Member

Chef
    I Have A Normal Feet Thanks God.size 9

13. emogirl

emogirl Regular Member

Don't have one
    I've got normal feet.But I don't consider myself that athletic.I'm only 13, 4'9", 70 lbs.My mile times are only average.My best mile time is 8:55.I guess that's good for a girl that's so short for a 13 year old.It's weird though,I'd imagine that if you wore flat-footed shoes,it'd make your feet flat.Currently for casual shoes I wear Converse All Stars *very flat-footed I might add*^_^And for p.e. I wear some fancy $60 Adidas running shoes.Idk,maybe if I did p.e. with my Converse they'd hurt more.

14. andrew chan

andrew chan Regular Member

superfeet are good with people with flat feet? I'm super flat footed in my right foot, i almost have no arch whatsoever, and in my left i have a slight arch, my chiropracter (chiropractor?) said that she's pretty surprised that i dont have any large walking problems

anybody here have any superfeet testimonials?

15. nummertwente

Refer to my post above.

But in general, yes they are good for flat feet because they don't have a 'sharp' arch support. Instead its longer and wider at the arch, but with enough support to 'neutralize' the angle of your foot. You'll understand how the arch is designed once you step on the superfeet. You'll feel a 'ball' under your arch and it'll require an adjustment period, but they're not like insoles made for people with high arches, in which case you would feel a sharp pain or as if something blunt is stabbing in your arch.

I've been wearing them for a couple years now and only just today have gotten custom orthodics.

Andrew, you should pick up a pair at SportChek, try em for a month and then return them within 90 days (or it might be 45) if they don't work out for you.

#215 nummertwente, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  16. andrew chan

andrew chan Regular Member

i dont really have any problems, since im pretty young *i think i am at least xD* it just gets tiring after awhile, since im basically rellying on my inner thigh muscles to keep my weight dissipating outwards

btw how much are superfeet?

#216 andrew chan, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  17. nummertwente

$39.99 per pair @ SportChek

18. annabanana

annabanana Regular Member

schooling
    haha..im flat footed..wat do that have to do with playing badminton?
    lmbo

19. CHOcobo

CHOcobo Regular Member

pay off school
    i can't tell for sure what i am but i think i'm flat footed since every surface area on the bottom of my feet touches the ground when i'm standing up straight. does flat food really make a big difference in performance wise? i can out last all of my friends in playing badminton.

20. bernicezx

bernicezx Regular Member

flat feet for girl is common? I always experience bristers either playing badminton or running...:( but one thing for sure, i never let the pain stop me from doing these regular activites.