RKEP Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by perfectgravity, Feb 24, 2010.

1. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I think the Yonex tape is better than RKEP tape. I don't nearly get as much wrinkles with the Yonex tape as I do with the RKEP tape. That's why I grip it the other way as well (with the adhesive at the cone). But I hear Nitto Tape sold by MBS is better. If the RKEP grips came with that...best of both worlds. :cool:

2. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

no idea. I grip it from the endcap first and never had a problem with the tape (put the grip on 3 racs already)

I can't put it from the cone first, the ribbed portion would end up there :D

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Yah, I also grip it ending with adhesive at the cone. But the 1st gen tape from RKEP was so much better, like Yonex. Stretchier so that no wrinkles and stickier so that it doesn't slowly slip and migrate with time.

Even so, the current RKEP adhesive on the end is not very good and I have to add a small piece of double sided tape to stick it more solidly. This way it gives a very clean look without a black band of tape on the cone. :D

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i guess people are mistaken that we start gripping from the cone first because we say that the adhesive side comes last. in fact, we are just using the non-adhesive side and use that side to grip from the end cap, then when we get to the cone there's adhesive so we don't "need" to use the tape. but because the adhesive isn't as good as that of Yonex, for safety measures we use a bit of the tape that came with the grip. there are two types actually. one type of tape is Matte finished, the other type is glossy finished. i find the glossy finished tape still stretchy but more durable and doesn't break as easily as the matte finished tape.

something i also noticed when i gripped with different color. the purple color grip is a bit longer than red or white. this is strictly on the G09 grip since that's all i have. it's actually 7mm longer. do you guys notice that too or am i see stuff again?

5. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Are you comparing the grips side by side and seeing that one is 7mm longer, or at least regripping the same racket and seeing different amounts left over? If yes, then that's weird, I haven't noticed that... but in the past I've had differing amounts left over and then realized it was because the rackets had different handle lengths :p

Nitto's da best.

RKEP Grip Tape < Yonex Grip Tape <<<<<< Nitto

6. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I like my new G16 grip.

7. gundamzaku

working professional
    physically i noticed it's a bit shorter since i always cut it the same way and grip it with the same overgrip i'm pretty consistent with the gripping. more importantly, if you look at the individually packed label, the purple one is 117mm long where as white or red is only 110mm long. that's how i figured it is 7mm longer. 7mm is not that much more but when you're gripping, it's noticeable.

8. gundamzaku

working professional
    second to final update

after playing with a new G09 grip for about two weeks, then leaving it on my racket without playing for 9 days in my room with temp between 69-72 degrees F, the grip is still like new. tho the tape came off the cone and is hanging loose, i think the reason for this is because when i'm done playing i always hang my racket back on my wall on a hook. a long hook can hold 15+ rackets and i have 4 which are situated right above the a/c vent opening. however, the grip itself did not deteriorate like the super graps do from yonex. i guess i'll wait till i finally need to replace the G09 grip to make my last review :)

9. blackeagle299

blackeagle299 Regular Member

student
    Hi, may i know which RKEP is similar to karakal PU grip and the yonex super grap. wanted to try them out but not exactly which model to get. Thanks

10. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
    RKEP do not have exactly the same grip to these grips
    replacement grip:
    G01 SUPER SOFT 1.7mm: very soft and good hand feel can not last long
    become slip when sweaty hand
    G03 KING 2.0mm: very good hand feel if you like thick grip and could last longer than G01
    G05 ULTIMATE 1.8mm: stiff and tacky feel, last long. Might be a little close to KA SUPER GRIP but too stiff might be an issue
    G06 POWER MASTER 1.8m: dry feel (not tacky type) offering extra gripping power, lasting long. #1 selling grip REKEP replacement grip

over grip:
    G08 SOFT75 0.70mm with very good hand feel, good for sweaty hand
    G09 ELITE 0
    .6mm tacky #1 selling RKEP over grip
    G11 WET TAPE 0.6mm: close to YY SUPER GRAB but with power hole
    G16 POWER GRAB: same base tape to G08 with stitching + decorative design offering wondering gripping power. Just arrived and got very good feedback.

11. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Reccommended the G16

12. tmansez

tmansez Regular Member

getting a G16 too
    =) hopefully it's good

13. gundamzaku

working professional
    i've never had more grip than the G09 overgrip. i think it's like the trident gum commercial. the G09 grip lasts so long you may never buy another grip again. of course for those who sweats, you might wannt replace it periodically or it may smell really bad. :)

14. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    One thing I have noticed is that the Yonex supergrap has a softer feel than the RKEP G09. But I don't care so much...so by price/performance ratio...RKEP G09 is the clear winner for me.

15. gundamzaku

working professional
    there are two things i didn't like about the G09 and it's purely personal preference, the smell of it, and the lack of elasticity. i just don't like the way the G09 rubber smells initially when i first grip my racket. i love the way super grap smells, but it has absolutely nothing to do with performance. the second is that the G09 is not stretchy for i tends to stretch the grip a bit to make sure it's securely wrapped around the handle. again, it's strictly personally so i didn't mention in my review of the grip regarding the performance of it. what i'm doing here now is just a discussion rather than a review of the grip. but yes i agree that it's the best bang for the buck, ever!!!!

16. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    anyone have RKEP G08 for sell?

17. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    PM Eric...

18. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    I recently tried the Red G11 and found that after 2 weeks a bit of the colour rubbed off on my other grips (I put the racquets together in the bag) and sometimes it would "bleed" colour onto my hands. Anyone else find this?

I'm now on the G09 Green one and haven't noticed anything yet (been a week). Will try the Grey and Blue as well since I have some.

Interested to know if anyone else gets this.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Yah... The red colour bleeds the most, making my other white grips pinkish when I switch between them thru the night.

20. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Has anyone compared RKEP Elite G09 with Toalson Power Grip or Neo Quick Grip? I am using Toalson overgrip now and love the tackiness... would like to know the tackiness of RKEP compared with Toalson. Thanks