Badminton courts in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'India' started by suram, May 1, 2009.

1. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Gopichand Academy,Gachibowli

Hourly basis only.200/- rs per hour per court.morning to night open.Please check if national camps are being held or not,depending on this the timings change.

2. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Hyderabad Central University,Lingampally

6 courts in HCU. They are open from 6-8 in the morning and 4-7 in the evening.Contact university office for more details.

3. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Bengalee Samiti,Indira Park

Court to be rented out on hourly basis.Opp Indira Park next to Ramakrishna Mission

4. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Wow, you have done a lot of work on this!
    This is very helpful for people looking to play in Hyderabad :)

5. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Well I learnt it the hard way Oldhand:):):)when i came into hyd it was a nightmare finding a place heheh..so doing my bit now and ironically i am again looking for a place to play lolol.

6. baddylover28

baddylover28 Regular Member

Vagabond
    hey ranjit,

thats a lot of information pal, I appreciate the hard work behind it. good work keep up the job, even i got informed of new clubs, courts though I knew about them just by name and u furnished the same with more informative news. BTW, where are u from, as u have referred foraying into hyd. and when did u come? if so then it becomes my responsibility as a denizen of hyderabad to accommodate u somewhere or the other using my good contacts. seriously,I dont want u to leave the city with a gross feeling about the badminton fraternity, if ever such a situation arises.

so for the timebeing are u playing anywhere and where do u reside? infact as u mentioned RTA courts@khairtabad, even I used to play there(cement court) before it was closed down for laying of wooden courts and then graduated into the stadium. Infact let me add there is only a single wooden court available in the APTRANSCO, (diagonally opposite to RTA,hanuman mandir),for sometime I played there too. But its crowded too and one needs to go there at certain timings. Mostly its for the employees of the transco, but its ok for others too to visit and play, but u need to wait there which is the worst part and u dont know when they allow u. Its like a dog waiting for a bone, with a salivating tongue. no pun intended.

Occassionally I visit and play there with some old friends namely Mr. Sudhakar(intl referee- badminton, retired) as he visits us too once in a while.

cheers,
    sai

#26 baddylover28, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  7. baddylover28

Vagabond
    is it true? that the bengalee samiti court rented on an hourly basis??? never knew that, infact I need to answer somebody who was looking to play on an hourly basis and what are the charges for an hours, for some who resides close to that place. Is the court still cemented or have they laid the wooden courts?? as I haven't visited the place in ages.

cheers,
    sai

#27 baddylover28, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  8. baddylover28

Vagabond
    ranjit, on behalf of the badminton fraternity of hyd, i'm sorry for all the frustrating experiences getting entry. with the kind of zeal u've shown in garnering info. and the interest in getting entry in order to play the game has touched me. I feel responsible to get u an entry into some place or the other. btw whats ur level of game, not that I want to judge you nor one can measure it, but still some amount of idea can be formed. Where do u live/reside? r u willing to travel distance in the mornings, provided u get entry into some place? which cities have u played at?

no i havent played nor participated in the mch open@ameerpet. Did u get to play?

cheers,
    sai

9. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Hey Sai,thanx for offering to help:)really mean it.well i am from all over india i guess,been in hyd for the last 3years,4th year now.stay in defence colony,thats near sainikpuri.distance hasnt really deterred me \:):) hv been going as far as gopi's academy to play:p.level of game hmm well i would put myself as one of te better players,nopes never entered the professional circuit,been playing around in blore/kerala/dubai etc.i played @ nizams for quite some time,but the quality of the game there began to go down the drain and too much of hassles to get a game in,so moved on from there to icrisat,hv an excellent group of 5 ppl n been playing there till last month when th place closed down and am in search for a new place now.do let me know in case you come across some place.dont bother abt the distance,thts y i prefer th mornings getting across the city in the mornigns is a breeze:)

did not know abt the aptransco thing,but having heard abt the state of affairs there i dont want to go near it:):).yes rta has been converted into wooden now but the place is in shambles.

yea i did play in the mch open,got arnd till the semis,but then began to cramp up so jes cudnt do anything abt it.pretty crazy scheduling they had as well:p(lol no bad worksman is not blaming the tools haha)

anywys let me know in case u hear abt something,wud be more than glad to check it out.

10. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    yes they do have a court not sure if they let it out on hour/day basis,its hourly per month per court that i know of.last i heard of it,its around 1500 rs per court.i need to go and check it out some time this week.shal let you know in case i hear of something

11. baddylover28

Vagabond
    nice to hear about ur domestic as well as international circuit exposures......:p. good to know that distance is not a deterrent. So what happened to the other 5 group members??? curiosity got the better of me, i guess. i'll keep my eyes and ears open in case I hear about nething. as u said distance is not an issue, i'll keep u posted with the developments hopefully by monday, as i'm gonna be busy for the next cpl of days with impending pending works.

cheers,
    sai

12. Rajeshgsb

Rajeshgsb Regular Member

Software Professional
    Ranjit,
    If you are from Defence Colony, there is one academy by name Trapez. They have got an Indoor Hard court but it is occupied in the mornings till 7:30 AM. Afterwards, it is pretty vacant. Evenings are vacant as well. You might contemplate playing there since the academy may not be more than 2 km away from Defence Colony.
    Regards,
    Rajesh

13. arjuntew

arjuntew Regular Member

Software Guy
    Hey mate any update, did you get a place to play? I am very highly desperate to start playing back again. If you have any info about a place where they accept new members please update.

14. zerobenzi

zerobenzi New Member

engineer
    Kakatiya Club Habsiguda

one wooden court available at Rs 100 Per Hour interested can contact on 040-27178829.

15. smagal

smagal New Member

Professional
    This was the Bengalee Samithi court opposite indira park.
    Hey Sai,

Yes, I rented this for my son last month - 2000 Rs/month for the court for 1 hour /day. Most slots are taken, i just took the only last one left. He went for a month but did not have company(he's bored playing just with me and his sis), if some other 2 to 3 kids his age (10 to 15years) want to pool up and go in the 5 to 6 pm or earlier slots please let me know.

#35 smagal, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  16. vcoolbuddy

vcoolbuddy New Member

badminton courts

hi,
    i'm looking for badminton courts around begumpet.
    can u please give me details.

17. rawoof

rawoof New Member

software engineer
    hi
    I am looking a for a club or coaching center to play badminton, I stay at krishna nagar colony near green bawarchi, I am an intermediate level player, I used to play regularly in my schooling days, please let me know about any clubs or coaching centers near to krishna nagar colony.

18. rangarm

rangarm Regular Member

Chevron LNG Oil n Gas
  19. ravijp

ravijp New Member

@Baddie Lover & Ranjit, Hello guys

I have been playing badmiton at IMT ghaziabad and my level of play would stand at recreational level...hopeful wouldn't bore :(you at all and i have high enthu for this game...I stay near Habsiguda and know that there is one court at Habsiguda...i have learnt that mornings is almost impossible at all these courts..so pls suggest me ideas guys

Thanks

Ravi

20. pjtpb

pjtpb New Member

Looking for a place to play around HiTech City

Hi,
    I have been desparetely trying to find a place to play since a month. I came to hyderabad 2 months back and staying close to Jaibheri at Kondapur.
    I understand there is a club at Jaibheri for badminton, however, I have not had luck getting through that and am planning to visit them one of these days to try my luck.
    I have called so many places... none of them have open slot or membership and they are not interested in new membership. Trapeze academy is the only one who has shown some interest, but they don't have open slot until June (at the moment they have open slot for 5 - 6 am) and this place is on the other end of the city for me.
    Any suggestion on a place to play for me and also from where I can buy genuine Racket.

Thanx in advance