Nguyễn Tiến Minh - Vietnam's Hottest!

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Loh, Jul 17, 2006.

1. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Nismo333: hi, long time no see, remember me?

2. Nismo333

Nismo333 Regular Member

Hey Hello Hung!! Of course I remember you. Long time ago, that we have contact together. if you know, when NTM is coming to switzerland, please tell me that ;)

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
  4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 Week No.48: NTM was ranked World No.5

You might not know this... At Week No.48 (2010), NTM was ranked World No.5. :):):)

5. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    It is hoped that Nguyen Tien Minh gets invited to join the China Badminton League.
    That will enhance his earnings and he will get all the sparring he wants.

6. hungle

hungle Regular Member

He cone to Switzerland in the early of this year already for Swiss 2010 open! But in next year 2011, he may not go to Switzerland because the tournament now drop to GP gold only.

7. hungle

hungle Regular Member

How can get invited?

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Hope that Nguyen Tien Minh gets invited to join the China Badminton League

I hope so too. :):):)

Vietnam is not that strong a Badminton nation; but NTM still managed to rise up as one of our world's top players. It would be great to allow NTM to earn more income; and perhaps after his competitive years, he can manage Badminton for Vietnam to raise their standard of new players.

9. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    He is one of the top-ten MS players in the world and qualifies for the SS Masters to be played in January 2011.

10. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Agree... Given his limited funds from both private and govt, I hope he gets to play in CBL to earn some extra $$$... He is a very humble guy... but very hardworking on court... go go go NTM :)

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Inside Vietnam by Ron Daniels

Dutch coach working in Vietnam for the army team I think (mostly google translated, partly edited by yours truly)

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ron Daniels Two months into the job and it's just time to look back, 90% of the players are great to work with they have something else in the hall and enjoy it very much. These 90% are really very hard workers who give everything in every training and yet again the next training hall with a smile, and greet me with "Good Morning Cot" (they can not pronounce the word coach).

The players are all from poor families and work hard for a little bit of money with badminton, all players in the national team get money from the federation to play. You do not compare too much to imagine 100 USD per month is a regular salary and if you have 200 USD.

Then there are the last 10% which could be described as players who are happy that they are 100 USD per month and that's about it, they want to do like play a game they find nothing but train and certainly training of this new idiot. My strength, and CS during training is seen here as extremely serious, it is different and therefore difficult. It is clear that the players who complain about my workout, the players are the most "sick" are the worst condition and impossible to get on the training. Then there are two guys who do not belong in the national selection but their father has a big company, and sponsors the training center. These two guys think that they can afford anything, they stop exercising when they find it too hard, to tell me what needs to be done in a workout and I need hardly say they have very little talent. The fact that I have given them a number of warnings made ​​the situation any better, so I called now denied access to my training. Father and Director on the red and want to have a conversation with me because this has never been a coach ......... I know more next week.

Vietnam is also the land of the 'know who' and not the know-how making it possible that I have a number of trainers from Vietnam under my care who train the best players from the U19. One of these trainers really doesn't know anything about badminton (and you should not read like a bad coach, no, he really knows nothing about badminton), the other is a former player and find you must need to do as he did 20 years ago, and then there is a woman who plays well every day and taking notes, a good understanding and would like to be the best.

Of course she get's excluded and literally get's all the dire chores, I have raised her status and the status of the two men lowered. The two best players can see a problem brweing and came to my house to give me some training/explaining for the System in Vietnam, which occurred yesterday. The two male coaches have always received money from the national coach hailing from China to give their OK on the (his) training, I do not and therefore they have not OK. Every chance they complain about my training and it goes without saying that the two brothers and two players who do not train are from the same camp.

The coach who knows nothing about badminton is the nephew of the director and the other coach the brother of the father of the two players. Fortunately on the Federation a man who wants things to change and I fully support, we now have a work plan agreed with each month tackle one or two of these problems. He knew that such things are playing but no one came by so he told me he wanted me to come and things brought to light that he had problems on paper could go and do something about it. He had done his homework, most of the pieces I'd written about badminton at the site of Peter's and Christ, he translated but he knew of my past work and had articles about my work as a manager read.

It's nasty stuff but it is not new to me, and 90% is just so fun to work with me the problems on the 10% sale increase.

Ron

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

New era coming for Vietnam

Well he was previously with the army team but now working for the Vietnamese Federation :cool:

"Vietnam has looked to the west for a new coach. After having visited Vietnam a couple of times last year to work with the the Army team, Ron Daniëls of the Netherlands will now start to work for the Vietnam Badminton Federation as the first ever national coach from Europe.

Mr. Daniëls will replace the Chinese coach who had been working in the national training centre Trung tam huan luyen the thao quoc gia Da Nang. The Vietnam Badminton Federation is hoping that Daniëls, who has coached extensively in Denmark, can help the Vietnamese players and coaches to learn to think like European players, and the Danes in particular.

Not only will Mr. Daniëls be the first coach from Europe to join the Vietnam federation, but he may also be among the first to come to work as a national team coach in Asia. However, Mr. Daniëls will also begin in a dual role that includes English instruction for the players as at present, neither English nor any of the several other European languages he speaks will facilitate communication with the Vietnamese players and the new coach will have a lot to say both while training in the hall and discussing theory in badminton tactics.

The players in Vietnam can expect a very difficult transition, from the Chinese-style training that involved mainly hard work and more hard work, to having to learn to think in the Danish way. After a couple months of training, a group will travel to Oro in Denmark to see how things are done at the training camp there so at the Oro camp there will be more Vietnam players this year to play all the girls and boys from Europe. All the players are looking forward to come to the Oro camp and have a special month in August.

In the first couple of weeks I will be the assistant coach for Mr. Ron and I'm looking forward to work with him again and learn new things to make my game better. Vietnam welcomes the top coach from Holland a lot. (All the players are looking forward to the Oro camp and to working with their new coach.)

Huynh Duong"

http://badmintonline.nl/nieuws/2011/03/de-vietnamese-huynh-duong-vertelt-over-mr-ron

#312 demolidor, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  13. Fumbler

Fumbler Regular Member

Civil Engineer
    Ron Ron welcome to my homeland - Vietnam. I truly understand your 10% of difficulty, it may destroy your effords. You are right VN do have talent player & hard working player, and most of all we do love badminton. But because of that 10% so far we only have Tien Minh. I wish you every luck in this adventure.

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

More in Vietnamese: http://www.vietnambadminton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10104

And:

"Training with Mr Ron in Da Nang

My full name is Nguyen Thi Hong, I’m a 16 year old girl and the youngest player national team in Vietnam. I heard some bad things about Ron Daniëls from somebody before he came to the sports center in Da Nang. People said Ron did just training for small groups in Denmark and he couldn't play badminton so I didn’t understand if a coach cannot play badminton, how he could give training for players of the national team of Vietnam.

So I thought he was not a good coach before I met him. I was not looking forward to him and felt down... But all these talks were not true. The first week he learnt us many new things, new technique, tactic in badminton. All things that I have never seen before. There are many kinds of the exercises to warm up. Funny games, it is not easy and very hard but it's fun. He make us feel excited. Every exercise is not a very long time but it's very high quality, and he tells everybody how to do things better. Not just looking but very active. After training with him all players really feel tired but we are still happy and want to work with him.

Before I didn’t often train with the best player in the team. Because I'm younger and a little lower level so I feel bored. Until Ron came here, there is something different. I can now also train with best players, and all players work together.”The good players also have to work with the players that are new and not yet so good.” With Ron I get more respect more than coaches from China and Vietnam before.He gives us many theory and tactics in the training. We didn't know about that in the past here, there are a lot new things to us and it is not easy to understand but he always helps us and explains everything until we understand.

In the training he works very hard himself to, is very serious and never comes to late. All players follow and listen to him. But after training is finished he is a funny man. Everybody always smiles because of him. we can't speak English so good and sometimes it is difficult when we talk. We can only use hands and feeling to understand, so it is good that Huynh is also here. She is his assistant and she helps us for translation and training.

After we worked with him for 2 months my foot work and tecnique got better. I never think that a coach from Europe can give better and harder training than coach from China. Players hope he can stay more in Vietnam.

Kind regards
    Hong"

http://badmintonline.nl/nieuws/2011/05/officiele-aankondiging-ron-daniels-als-bondscoach-vietnam

15. Nismo333

Nismo333 Regular Member

It's very exciting to read about that. I hope the vietnamese players can improve their Badminton. It's important to change some coach temporarly. That's one of the best way to improve your badminton.
    @Demolidor
    Thanks for the news.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    "Danish coach works with youth badminton team"

Monday ,May 30,2011, Posted at: 17:34(GMT+7)

Full article: http://www.saigon-gpdaily.com.vn/Sport/2011/5/93087/

An excerpt:
    "One of the most important jobs of Coach Daniels in his coaching position is training Vu Thi Trang, who once won the bronze medal in the 2010 Singapore Youth Olympic Games, to be chosen as a competitor in the 2012 London Olympic Games. In the last week of this month, she is ranked 161st in the world women’s singles category."

17. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Haha, but i think we should thinking about his training level again, because of why, Vu Thi Trang have been sent to Ho Chi MInh City team yesterday to be trained by Asep Coach, I heard something about Mr.Daniels sometime ago but now with Trang in HCMC, I can tell you what i heard, he asked player service by handle of racket, by shoes.. that is new method?. Who sent Trang to HCMC? is that Mr.Le Thanh Sang, President of VBF, who rent Mr.Daniels, why that, in case not Mr.Sang, why he accept this Trang move to HCMC while he just rent Mr.Daniels for Trang? and the salary is 2,700USD, not 2,000USD and this 700USD less will payed by players (each player 50usd/month). alot of question need to answer, guy!

#317 hungle, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

To not be right, by Ron Daniels

Friday, July 15, 2011

Last March began my adventure in Vietnam and I am now altogether about seven months training data. The country is beautiful and the players are the same everywhere in the world, judging the wind blows and slowly getting to understand what you know and can do for them. It's therefore seldom the players that cause problems, the simplest task of this job is to make players better.

I know you are in Asia to do with corruption and the "know how" means nothing in relation to "know who". When I started this job I was not going to give in to corruption, and I was convinced that quality and knowledge would keep me in power ........ I was wrong.

Two months ago I put two youngsters out of the selection that just do not belong there, they were there just because their father has a lot of money (for Vietnamese concept), the man pays the director of the sports center every month a sum of money and so his sons were in the selection. In itself, I still do not even have so much against it and I can still live with that. But because they know the manager will never kick them out they just do what they like and if they want to stop do they just there without anything to care what I think.

The other players find it annoying and it's not really good for morale within the group, it gets even worse that the boys harassing the girls and the girls can't say or do anything against this behavior. I have these guys denied access to training and despite the insistence of the Director that they had back in the group, I refused. They could come and train when they were behaving for 100% and it would do the training as I wanted, the boys did not want so they do not come back in my group.

Slowly I got more and more problems and holding practice was made impossible, wages and allowances were getting later and I often had to wait weeks for something to happen. Something as simple as shuttles to the training was very difficult and I suffer every month from just 1 week with no shuttles, and after two days training with the old shuttles, there is not much more is possible with these shuttles.

The two men who on paper are my assistant coaches have never done anything on the training, they are on the phone, looking out the window or sitting behind the table, yawning. The only one I have is the female coach, she works very hard every day, takes notes and is a perfect interpreter. But she was without reason sent to another city, so now I am without a coach who can do something or explain something.

What can I do? The opposition will only grow if I'm not going to start paying bribes. So I'm going next week pass here and there dongs off and see if things faster and better, I had hoped it would not be necessary in order to do so but if I want to do something for the players I will also have to . So my next story about Vietnam will probably be a sequel to this piece with the results of my corruption behavior.

"There is enough in this world for everyone, but there is not enough for everyone's greed" Gandhi

http://anonym.to/?http://badmintoninfo.visualclubweb.nl/news_item.aspx?id=51180

#318 demolidor, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Should be "March last year (2010)" ...

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D Lovely article just putting out someone's wages in the newspaper. And he is not from Denmark either but he did get his coaching education in Denmark and reached the highest or second highest level possible.