APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Hi guys, am a big fan of APACS. Am currently using Tantrum 200. I'm wondering if you guys have used or tried any better, powerful APACS weapon for doubles?

I reckon that the Lethal 50/60/70/90 are too head-heavy for doubles although they are real powerful rackets.

Thanks for sharing, guys!!

2. shadowfuri

shadowfuri Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys!

Could any of you APACS fans please recommend me a racket? I'm looking for something that is head heavy, but not too head heavy that I lose too much control (want nice clears but don't need super powerful smashes). I want a stiff shaft as well as something that is aerodynamic and won't vibrate too much. Hope this isn't too specific =[

My old racket was a Fleet Tank Power 100 Offensive, just in case anyone was wondering.

Thanks!!

3. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Then you should definitely try out Tantrum 200. It fits all your requirements!

4. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i guess you can add the VH series into the list

5. shadowfuri

Student
    Isn't the VH series more of an even balanced racket? I checked it up, the UK apacs site says the BP is 285 mm, I'm assuming this is even and that lower than 285 is head heavy and higher is head light? Or maybe I have it mixed up ><

6. Xangosteen

Xangosteen New Member

According to my understanding, 285 is already considered head heavy. Less than 285 is head light.
    I have used both VH2000 and Tantrum 200. VH is pretty heavy duty and have a slower swing, so it will suit those with strong arm/wrist. Tantrum 200 on the other hand has got faster swing and extremely good control & power. Tantrum 200 gives me optimum power and control compared to VH.

I think if you have the cash, you should go for either Tantrum 200 or Lethal 90 (which is less head heavy than L70 & L60).

7. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

How to make a racket head heavy?

Hi, I realized that my VH1700 has become headlight racket after I wrapped the original G2 grip with a PU grip. Can anybody suggest how to make my racket head heavy again? Where I should put lead tape(s)? Anything else to avoid lead?

8. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Balance Point (BP) is measured from the bottom handle up towards the frame. the higher the BP, the more head heavy the racket is.
    if i'm not mistaken, both VH and Tantrum have the same 285mm BP which is classified as slight head heavy.
    YY Armotec 900P has a BP of more than 300 i think.
    less than 285 is even balanced. i'm not sure less than how much BP is headlight but i think it's 275

L90 is a good choice too i guess..since it has the aerodynamic frame of a Victor BS which will lead to more power due to faster swing
    i've did some searching because i want to put some lead tape on my racket too :D
    some say 2' and 10' o'clock position..some say 12'
    so i guess it's an experiment to find the position and amount of lead that suit you best.
    i plan to start applying it from 2' to 10' o'clock :D

9. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    PERSONALLY, from my experience, Tantrum 200 is the best racket by far from Apacs for doubles. VH, Lethal or Slayer are all good quality rackets from Apacs, but T200 has the edge of having an equal excellent performance in both control and power.

10. shadowfuri

Student
    Having said that, what are the actual differences in the T200 and VH2020, I was under the impression that the VH was slightly better due to it being more aerodynamic.

11. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Can you tell us more about any VH racket that you have used and compare it with T200?

12. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I think VH2020 frame is narrower than T200 when you see it from the front. This helps to swing the racket faster. Same for VH1700. Since the racket is heavy and wider (from the side) the recovery after every shot will be difficult unless somebody is having very strong arm power.

13. shadowfuri

Student
    So you're saying the VH series has better offense than the T200 but worse defense?

14. Nicky14

Nicky14 Regular Member

student
    can tell me what's the difference between the vh series and the tantrum series?

15. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    I've used both T200 and VH2000 for some time before changing to L60. Both of this high end rackets from Apacs are an excellent piece of product and very little notable differences can be identified between them.

Whatever differences there are to compare between them, it is still a debatable issue since racket preferences is unique from one individual to another, regardless what technologies that has been fused to make the racket. Since there are differences in playing style and technique that exist, a good racket held in one's hand will not exactly be a good racket held in another individual hand.

The differences that i realised and experienced between T200 and VH200 after using them for some time that made me to conclude T200 is a better double racket than VH2000 by a marginal differences are based on 2 facts:

Spec: Both strung at 30lbs (BG 66) / Karakal PU Supergrip (factory grip intact)

1. Power

Eventhough both racket has the same balance measurement, I feel that T200 is "slightly" head heavier than VH2000 and therefore able to give that "extra punch" in the power department. VH 2000 is also a good racket that can deliver excellent performance while smashing, but T200 has a slight edge in a long run.

Power: T200 (9/10 ) > VH2000 (8.5/10)

2. Control

Eventhough VH2000 is aerodynamically design, but i realised that T200 is "slightly" lighter than VH2000 in terms of its weight hence more manoeverable.

Control: T200 (9/10 ) > VH2000 (8/10)

16. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    good review..
    do take note also that the T200 is stiffer than VH

17. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

The VH1700 that I am using seems very stiff.

18. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    compared to?
    what's the flex number on the shaft?

19. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

There is no flex number. It does not bend easily. much more than nano power 9900. more than my Dunlop aerogel 2000 which is a stiff racket. I think VH2000 is the updated version of VH1700. But I like the paint job in VH1700. It is one of best. I think the AV cap is missing in VH 2020 and 2000.

#3479 sxg2009, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  20. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member