Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Taken from someone else's. Sorry, can't help you much on the camera thingy, not pro enough. Perhaps you can ask around badminton photograph section of the forum. But I'm sure you can spot cuties very clearly and snap their photos very clearly with your DSLR;)..So u're going to Wuhan?

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    If nothing unexpected comes up that prevents me from going, yeah.

I notice all the journalist carry the longest lens possible at the tournaments, so i doubt my camera will be powerful or efficient enough from the stands.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Pakito, that photo appeared in Sin Chew. So, I suppose sin chew photographer took it

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Lense 18-55 is an all around lens, unless you are quite close to the court, it is quite hard to catch quite a close up picture with those lens.
    Yeah Journalists carry longest lens possible, usually people call it Tele lens to catch a close up photo..

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Well, well, well.. what can i say. what a drama:rolleyes:

[h=1]Lee apologises for absence and Zolkples says sorry for outburst[/h]

KUALA LUMPUR: There is no room for petty distractions just months ahead of the London Olympic Games.
    With that in mind, National Sports Council (NSC) director general Datuk Zolkples Embong and world No. 1 shuttler Lee Chong Wei buried the hatchet to get their focus back on the Games, after a 40-minute heart-to-heart chat in Bukit Jalil yesterday.
    On Tuesday, a potential disaster brewed when Zolkples took a swipe at Chong Wei for not attending the awards ceremony to receive his third Sportsman of the Year award during the NSC’s glamorous annual ceremony.
    Chong Wei had sent a text a day before (on Monday evening) to Zolkples stating that he would be missing the event because of fever but it was misconstrued as disrespect on Chong Wei’s part.
    [​IMG] Goodwill mission: Zolkples Embong (left) and Lee Chong Wei shake hands after their heart-to-heart talk yesterday. — Bernama
    Yesterday, Zolkples admitted that it was all a big misunderstanding.
    “I thank him for taking the initiative to meet me today and apologise for his absence at the awards night. Chong Wei and I have a father and son relationship. I thought that I had spoiled it for good after my outburst on Tuesday,” said Zolkples in a joint press conference.
    “It was a big event and I did not take time to understand his situation. I did not get a complete picture through his text message. It is a miscommunication. He did not tell me the reason (the extent of his illness) and I jumped to conclusions when I was cornered by the media over his absence.
    “Today (yesterday), he explained to me in depth about his absence. He had fever but
    he still had to train on Tuesday (in the
    morning and afternoon) but that was just to sweat it out. His fever got worse in the evening.”
    In one of his comments, Zolkples had teasingly said that Chong Wei would have showed up if the cash incentive for the award had been RM200,000 instead of RM20,000 – giving the impression that Chong Wei preferred a more high-profile event
    “I also extend my apology if my words had hurt him. This incident will only serve to strengthen our relationship. I do not want to delve into this petty matter anymore. It is in the past now.
    “I would rather focus on Chong Wei’s preparation for the Olympics. We will work together to make it a success.”
    Zolkples said that an arrangement was also being made for Chong Wei to seek an audience with the Agong (Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah) to extend his apology for missing the award ceremony.
    “This will take place after the India Open (April 24-29) and Malaysian Open (May 1-6) and we hope that this meeting will clear the air.”
    An apologetic 29-year-old Chong Wei pleaded for support from all quarters in his preparations for the London Games.
    “I met Datuk Zolkples today to say sorry for my absence on Tuesday. I was really sick. The ‘colour’ had drained from my face and I was feeling down and did not want to be at the function looking like that,” said Chong Wei.
    “I know some saw me training on the same day but I had to do it. The fever got worse later.
    “I am relieved that I have explained everything ... now, I can focus on the Games.
    “This is my last Olympic Games and I need all the support I can get. The pressure is mounting. I hope the media will be supportive too.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/4/21/sports/11151138&sec=sports

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Isn't Zolkples the dame dude who questioned and rubbished Rexy's training methods for KKK/TBH and made a big production about it last year?

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Ah.. the politician is at work. The pressure is on them. ;)

8. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    National Sports Council (NSC) director general Datuk Zolkples Embong outburst was uncalled for. LCW did sms ZE about his high fever but he claimed miscommunication.
    Susah, lah.

9. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Thanks eagle with bird's eye view on newspapers!:D

10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Thanks Licin with your smooth knowledge on lens.:D

11. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    If was any other player who can be a world no.1, I don't think he/she would even make the initiative to apologise especially being labelled a $$$ person. Goes to show us how diplomatic our world no.1 LCW can be. It still baffles me there are Malaysians who not only do not support him, but thrashes him as well.

12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    LCW has become an actor.

This is good for his next match preparation against the Chinese wall.

He should start to be cunning, witty, no mercy .... just like li yong bo :D

13. King's

King's Regular Member

That's a coaching job there you were implying?;)

14. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

Someone like LYB need those, someone like Rexy.........u know lah :)

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    I don't knoe why I have been mentioning lyb's name in the last few days.

Maybe he's going to explode with a big headline across the globe soon :D.

As for rexy, let's hope his new start in the Philippine would create a huge impact on the men's double

so huge that it's inevitable for us not to find it as an EXCUSE to go and see them live in Manila.

If you knoe what I mean :D

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Chong Wei not intimidated by three-pronged China attack

By RAJES PAUL
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/4/25/sports/11167781&sec=sports

Excerpts:

...“Yes, China will surely have the psychological edge with three representatives. Chen Jin has done well of late, winning three back-to-back titles. China have strategised well to get three players in the Olympics,” said Chong Wei.

“But I have gotten used to going up against an army of China players in a tournament. Lin Dan and I will be in separate halves of the draw at the Games while either Chen Jin or Chen Long will be in my half. So it doesn’t really make much difference.

“The Olympics are important to me and I would rather focus on my game rather than worrying about my opponents.”

...Chong Wei hopes to get back into the groove at the India Open after having had almost a month to recover from the shoulder injury picked up at the All-England in Birmingham.

“The goal is to gauge my condition. I want to see how much I can push myself after the injury. Hopefully, I will be able to achieve good results,” he said.

17. King's

King's Regular Member

LCW against 3-pronged approach is not something he can really do about, thus he is being realistic. Heck, if LCW's mates (in the same calibre as he is) were that many then you bet LD will say the same if he happened to be standing alone just like LCW is now.

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    That's why I like his guts, it's made of different material :) The rest can talk until the cow comes home :D

19. King's

King's Regular Member

Quite simply, he is a rare breed.

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    His motivation, spirit, & humble mind set is a rare breed, indeed...

A lot of people born with talent, but they did not have the motivation & spirit to keep the talent alive & growing..

Go LCW Go !!