LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  2. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

If you just watched the Tennis Australian Open you'll understand why Badminton IS a second rate sport. Compared to the Athletes at the top of the sport of Tennis the Badminton elite are an embarrassment.

Your reasoning is goofy but, have it your way. Let's say it is momentum (let's call it M). So we have M=mv.

So your theory is that more momentum is imparted by the VT-ZF than the VT-80. So then looking at the tests where the two initial velocities are the same. How is there more momentum in the VT-ZF case? The velocity would have to be greater unless you are claiming that the VT-ZF has some magic that causes the shuttle to gain mass when it struck by the VT-ZF?

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

You missed the discussion about the ZF being more head heavy than the VT80.

So based on your argument this would mean more mass for the ZF compared to the VT80 so more theoretical momentum. I'm guessing that the ZF would also have a more stable frame to effectively transfer the energy to the shuttle to impart the said momentum.

4. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Doesn't matter, head heavy, head light, or super massive. The characteristics of the racquet are irrelevant once the shuttle has left the string bed.

IF there was more momentum transferred to the shuttle then that can only manifest itself in one way, a higher velocity. If that was the case the initial velocity of the shuttle for the VT-ZF would have to me much greater than for the VT-80. It's not.

So there are only two possibilities

1. The initial velocity is being measured incorrectly (the racquet is still in contact with the shuttle at the point of measurement) or

2. The shuttle is deformed for a longer period by the VT-ZF so that it loses energy due to drag at a slower rate.

5. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I'm guessing this may be the case. Either way I do not plan to get the racquet when it comes out.

6. hau23

hau23 New Member

7. hau23

hau23 New Member

8. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I can't see for the life of me how two identical shuttles with the same initial velocity have different terminal velocities under identical conditions. Maybe what they're doing is firing a shuttle at a stationary racket at a given velocity, and they're counting THAT as the initial velocity?

Yonex' marketing department sure do have a big issue with reality ;)

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's why it is called the Z-force. there is an invisible force field behind the shuttle... ;)

10. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Well heck, why not come out with it and say "The Yonex Z-Force. It bends the fabric of space-time"

?

lolz

11. zombiez

zombiez Regular Member

Full time Dad
    Let's for the sake of argument assume that the shuttlecock leaves the stringbed at the same speed. If one leaves and spins faster than the other, will it cause the shuttlecock to lose it's speed faster?Wild imagination. LOL

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It will, but that's dependant on how you hit the shuttle (if/in which direction you slice it) and not the racket. So, the only way this 'measurement' could be accurate is that the ZF deformes the shuttle more strongly so that it takes longer to return to it's original shape....which I find unlikely. In any case, it won't make a difference to any of us anyway :D

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

They already "have" - at the All England next month.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Actally, the shuttles they tested disappeared shortly after leaving the racket, re-appearing about 50cm further. That's what threw Lin Dan off in the Korea Open, he was just unable to anticipate where the shuttle would re-appear. However, the used technology is too expensive for ordinary customers, so the sold racket will have a toned-down version of that incredible step forward in technology. While the shuttle will not disappear, the feathers will be frozen in time for a short while, which causes the difference in terminal velocity.

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    The Yonex Z-Hadron Collider

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Don't worry, this is the right thread to discuss about rackets. It's just some folks have decided to take a left turn to talk about theoretical physics and such. :p

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yeah, I had to double check the URL, cause I thought I was in a Physics forum... We all know that YY propaganda make up claims that are both unprovable, and unrealistic in a club level game, yet we're all gullible enough to fall for it and discuss...

This is why YY marketing is so effective...

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I heard it makes shuttles disappear and reappear 50 seconds ago, so if you see a shuttle appear from nowhere in the middle of 16-13, it was/will be the smash that took it to 14-16.

19. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    And largely why I struggle to want to buy a Yonex.

20. zombiez

zombiez Regular Member

Full time Dad
    Maybe for some magical reason, the zig zag stringing pattern makes the shuttle spin less/more in ZF?