My Racquets ratings! mostly Yonex

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jsunsun, Jan 16, 2007.

1. rgevero

rgevero Regular Member

can u include rsl x3 silver and heat 9500? i am planning to buy either racket. thanks.

2. eptan

eptan Regular Member

Hi Bro,
    I'm currently using RSL X3 Silver and mainly used it as backup racket. I've not used the Heat 9500 before but I heard it's a pretty decent racket to use. If you're the offensive type of player and love to smashing, than go for the older X2 Pro, very stiff and head heavy, but you'll love the smashing. Generally this is a pretty heavy racket, and I don't find it suitable for double play. The weight of the racket is pretty heavy, I think you can find the info from RSL website.

Cheers & Happy New Year,
    eptan

3. rgevero

rgevero Regular Member

i dont have strong shoulders and im kinda weak.

4. eptan

eptan Regular Member

Bro,

In fact I bought the RSL X2 SP (Blue) racket for my nephew (20 Years old) and I found that this model is friendly and balance racket. http://www.rsl-1928.com/product_racket_x2sp.html

Alternatively, I would also recommend the Yonex Ti-10, I think the latest model/generation is the purple color. I bought a 2nd hand for my wife and she get used to racket immediately (no need to adapt) - perhaps just a few games. A balance & comfortable racket for playing double games. As for single, I would recommend the Yonex AT-700 (preferably if you can find the 1st Gen, but this is difficult to use). I just bought one yesterday 1st Gen in Singapore (a Chinese new year present for myself).

Cheers.

cheers,
    eptan

5. rgevero

rgevero Regular Member

rsl x2 sp

so x2 sp is more friendly compared to x3 silver? is that right? there are people who say that it's all about technique, not the racket. but based on experience, i say that technique is important but there are also rackets that best suit you based on your strengths, weaknesses and kind of game (defensive, offensive, likes to make the players move throughout the court). my game is i like to make the opponent run the entire court. i play doubles. i don't smash a lot. i like drops and clears (placement game). so what i want is a racket that can help me make accurate shots and a racket that will help my weak arm when i do baseline to baseline clears. thanks.

6. borly

borly Regular Member

Hi Sir,

Would you have any feedback on the RSL X5 Gold? Thank you. :)

7. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    For weak arm you can use a light racket..I using the ashway superlight when I'm getting tired

8. rgevero

rgevero Regular Member

but the problem with light rackets is the baseline-to-baseline (clear) shots.

9. FZfauzi

FZfauzi New Member

Full time badmtn player
    My Racket

Racket in my bag;These are racket in my bag..all with Bg 85;Bg 68Ti;Bg 66 Sharp;Ultimate ! I start playing badmtn more than 22 years; now 4 tiimes a week;2.5hrs each session!Racket in my bag:1.Voltrix Z force rm760 @99gm.2.Z slash Rm600 @96gm.3.Nanospeed 9900 Rm6004.Carbonex 30 Rm460@103gm5.Armortex 700 rm550@99gm6.Mp88 Rm550@99gm7.Armortex 500 Rm530@100gm8.Victor Bs 8 Rm430@99gm9.Victor Bs 8 Rm430@99gm10.Victor Sw 33 Rm380@99gm11.Victor Sw 32 Rm380@95gm12.Rsl Heat 9500 Rm300@95gm13.Apacs Lethal 50 Rm280@98gm14.Rsl Millnm 10 heat700 Rm280@98gm15.WilsonSho Sasaki rm390@106gm16.Gosen aermt pltm rm450@93gm17.Gosen Ryoga Shiden rm700@105gm18.Arc saber 8Dx rm650@106gm.Most of the racket suit to my game is 97-100gm(plus string and grip)mostly are3UG5;anybody can buy/trade my racket..but also can try/play..few games..with it..I ve sold more than 30 racket after letting my fren try with different tension according to their preference.Thank you for reading and sharing.

10. kinoko

kinoko Regular Member

tenbu is a killer, but for that price im not too comfortable smacking it hard out. my prefered choice for attacking would be AT700 gen1, but of all the racket that ive tried in my 20 years of playing, i find that astec 90's still the best.

11. Baddersmum

Baddersmum Regular Member

Sotx -> Yonex

Currently using SOTX CP6011 , also liked the diamond fighter D900 - switching to Yonex, any suggestions for something similar

12. radhakrishnan.k

radhakrishnan.k Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Sir Dink,

Any reviews on Apacas Lethal 70? Is it in your list?
    If thats added that will be great!!!

Thanks

13. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    maybe u got the wrong thread

14. mikel650

mikel650 New Member

tech writer
    This thread has been going for years and what I understand is that probably the AT700 is what I need.
    The interesting graph is like 6 years old.
    I play with very good players and due to age - when playing singles - I find it difficult to clear from the baseline high over the person that is killing me's head. They understand that I have a problem and manage to intercept whatever I send back with ease. Is there something newer as at my age I am spending the kids inheritance anyway. BTW does your wife know you bought her a second hand racquet? LOL any help would be greatly appreciated. What I need to know is what to buy and when restringing, what tension.
    Thanks mikel

15. mikel650

mikel650 New Member

tech writer
    whoops not graph table listing the qualities of all the models of Yonex.

16. nitmat14

nitmat14 Regular Member

Student
    I live in India. I'm a intermediate doubles player who likes to play the front court drops, placings and powerful smashes equally. More of an attacking (smash) player than defensive. I would like a head heavy racket.
    Which is better for me? : Yonex Voltric 7, Ashaway Archblade 90 or Ashaway Nanotech. More racket Suggestions are welcome.

Thank You.

17. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

I think you'd get more and relevant responses if you open a new thread in the non-sticky section :)

18. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Try Ashaway repulsor series

19. nitmat14

nitmat14 Regular Member

Student
    Where can i find more details about Ashaway repulsor series??

20. DJTwitch

DJTwitch Regular Member

Manager
    Hi there I had some questions about the reviews and was wondering if anyone might be able to point me int he right direction. I haven't played in approximately 8 years and my old racquets were a Yonex Isometric 900 and a Ti 8 and I think it was a higher end Carelton aeroblade i'm not quite sure. I went through the Iso 500's and the 900 like they were nothing and people said I hit to hard for it and my racquets were just buckling and breaking they strung at I believe 20lbs. So now getting back into things again I want a good racquet that will last me a bit but don't know what would be comparable now a days towards what I was used to. I do play a well rounded game of net and power as I play singles and doubles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.