Choosing a Racket to replace MX60

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bakulaw, Mar 8, 2013.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Why the heck should Victor shafts usually very stiff? They produced a lot of midstiff rackets last year. Especially the HH 4/5, Stiffness 4/5 combination was very popular. They produced some wet noodles like BS09 and BS12 and some midflex rackets like TK8000 and MX60. So you're wrong again.
    If you connect Victor with very stiff shafts than you have never tried all their products and dont have tried Forza who are known for very stiff shafts.
    Maybe you are hating Victor for this damn stiff shaft which you cannot wield. That is no problem but is not an attribute for the best shafts. This just ********.

How do you come to the conclusion that Yonex makes so gorgeous shafts? Come on, were is your explaination? How can you compare? Please, expain!!!

IMO Yonex marketing brainwash reached alot of brains who were stating everytime Yonex is the best in the world. IMO Arc 7 is a such a bad racket in the Yonex range and performs like a low range racket.

I will say it again. Every brand has the ability to produce a good racket. And it is very stupid to judge something, that you don't know. So you never tried all rband and racket in the world.
    Maybe Talbot Torro makes the best shafts in the world?;) Who know, who can judge? No one. So be careful what you wrote here.

2. yzsgs789

yzsgs789 Regular Member

Student
    If you compare 4/5 stiff shafts like the MX80 to the yonex rated very stiff shafts like the VT80 you will find that the yonex one is more flex.
    i don't see where you pulled the fact that I hate Victor...I don't, I use their racquets.
    Yonex does make wonderful shafts, I don't see how that's wrong either. If they didn't, I don't know how they can be dominating in the market.
    i also don't see how you inferred the fact that I can't wield a stiff shaft, don't jump to conclusions please. I use the MX80 perfectly fine and I love it.
    i don't understand how I have to have used every Victor racquet to give my personal thoughts about the Victor racquets that I HAVE used. I never gave the OP opinions on the TK8000 did I? Only racquets that I have tried.
    Of course very brand makes good racquets...the best players aren't limited by the racquet they use..look at Lin Dan..he went from MP100 to AT700 to N90...and he was still at the top

I can say whatever I want, it's all personal opinion, after all everyone here is giving subjective advice, no one knows what is true or false. Maybe you think Yonex is bad, sure, it's not my opinion and I'm not going to make you change your opinion.
    The part about the shafts are all personal opinion, after all racquets are subjected to personal preference and everyone uses different racquets. I never try to impose any opinions upon others. It's up to the OP to make his own decisions and thoughts about them.

3. yzsgs789

yzsgs789 Regular Member

Student
    Anyways we should stop stealing the OP's thread for this pointless argument. Just PM me instead. I think there's probably a misunderstanding here anyways. After all we are all trying to help the OP, nobody comes here with bad intentions.

4. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    The MX80 is stated as 5/5 in terms of stiffness. So you are wrong again. I think you don't own a MX80. You don't have any clue.

Yes, you are right, it's bad to discuss this topic in this thread, but I hate it if somebody write nonsense in a thread.

Yes, everybody can write his half knowledge in Forum. But if you don't have a clue and write wrong things it's better to be quiet or you will become a 2nd Ferreriko.

5. yzsgs789

yzsgs789 Regular Member

Student
    My mistake on the 4/5 stiffness.
    i don't see how I am posting anything misleading, perhaps the part about yonex making the best shafts was abut subjective. Fine, I can apologize for that part, but you I don't think I am the one bashing here. Clearly you are trying to bash my for my opinions.
    By the way, I can post whatever I want as long as it is not violating forum rules, so it's not up to you to tell me to be quiet. With your condescending attitude you aren't gonna convince anyone to change their opinion anyways.

6. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I have one Arc 10 Premium 2012, Arc Z-Slash TH, MX-JJS, MX- London and finally managed to sell my MX-80. They are all weigh 3U. For me, nothing from those MX family comes close to Arc 10 or Arc Z-Slash.

MX-JJS and MX-London have almost the same stiffness and noticably less-stiff compared to MX-80 but still, they are stiffer and head-heavier than Arc 10/Z-Slash. I have no idea about MX-60 and MX-70, haven't tried any of those two.

I'm not quite sure about the metallic feeling you are referring to but in my own terms, I get the "crisp" feeling when I play with MX-JJS while the MX-London on the other hand, feels more solid (probably this is the "meaty feeling") during impact with the shuttle. String is also another factor to be considered when you are talking about the overall feeling, I recently shifted towards BG80 @ 28x30 or 29x31 for all my rackets.

I feel conveniently handle those rackets in 3U at my normal game speed and I used to play with old 2U rackets so I don't bother to try the 4U.

7. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I wouldn't say Yonex produce the best shafts but I had not seen any rackets with a shaft thinner than the one they put on Voltric Z-Force during the date it was released, so they are so-called the market leader in this department. I'd be glad to be corrected if I'm wrong.

From the engineering point of view, thinner shaft with the same amount of stiffness and weight is a superior though it doesn't mean the same on court.

8. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    Can you tell me how do u feel about MX80 vs MX JJS? I'm a VTZF user and planning to get a more affordable racket (yonex rackets aren't cheap at all). I heard many people have aching problem with MX80. What are the factor that cause the aching? Is it because of technique or age or skills or whatever factors? Any input is high appreciated. Thanks!

9. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I found the MX80 was stiffer than MX-JJS. Both are great hi-end rackets, it's just I felt my stroke is a bit weak to perform a deep high lift/clear so I need some extra whip from the flexier racket shaft to push the shuttle a bit further towards the opponent's baseline. Hence, I prefer to use MX-JJS and MX-London instead.

I started to develop a wrist pain since I played using MX80, probably the impact shock transfered by the extra-stiff shaft which caused this. However, since you're used to play using VTZF, I don't think you need to worry about the stiffness issue.

10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    The shaft of the Z-Force is the thinnest in Yonex History (Yonex quote). Marketing strategy.
    I assume that some brands out there have aquivalent diameters. E.g. Babolats 6.5 range? But I'm not sure. I have not compare all rackets out there with the ZF in this term. Maybe Sir Dink?

If we are talking about the quality of a shaft, we must talk about material, stiffness, flexpoint, vibration, aerodynamic, diameter and the performance and many more which excels a well made shaft. But this depends on head mass of a racket and the other characteristics, abilities of the player and liking. So it's impossible to judge just the shaft. To say "the best" is very subjective and can never be objective. That's the crux.

You're right Yonex is market leader. No doubt. But this doesn't mean automatic than the have the best technology, are the most groundbreaking brand and manufacture the best rackets. They have IMO the smartest marketing, sponsor a huge amount of professionals and events, release rackets at big events, have signature and limited stuff for collectors, have a really easy layout of their racketrange structured currently in Voltric, Arcsaber and Nanoray. These are all smart moves.
    It's impossible to figure out which brand manufacture makes the best rackets. That's my point of view.

To make a long story short. Don't believe all the marketing brain wash of the brands. Go out, tryout different rackets, shoes, strings and whatever from several brands and than you will find the stuff which is the best for you. Just for you. Yonex is not the only company who knows to make a racket, shoes, strings, clothing and so on.

#30 ucantseeme, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  11. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

I went with the 4U MX-JJS as recommended by a few people.

It seems to swing heavier than my 3U MX-60. The overall weight of the MX-60 is naturally heavier though (although very close).

Definitely stiffer than the MX-60..

Will take a swing with it later...

No need to make this a full scale battle royale with the babolats, forza's and the zf's and the mx-80's...
    wonder how those rackets got into the picture.. hehehe..

12. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Hey Bakulaw,

I'm deciding between a Mx 60 and Mx JJS, could you do a comparison between the two?

Covering:
    Stiffness
    Head heaviness
    Speed
    Drives
    Smash
    Defense

This would be a huge help to me. Some extra information, i found the Mx 80 way too stiff and my main style of play is driving and interecepts as well as some jump smashing.

Thanks!

13. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

note that my MX-60 is 3U strung with VS-850 @ ~23 lbs while my MX-JJS is 4U strung with VS-850 [MENTION=21402]25lbs[/MENTION].. grips are the same.. Kimony KGT-102

MX-JJS is stiffer and more direct.
    Balance is almost the same. Difference is barely noticeable.
    The swing speed of the MX-JJS is a tad faster. When changing from MX-60 to MX-JJS, I need to adjust a bit.
    Nowadays, I seem to get more power for drives and smashes from the MX-JJS. But the difference is not too big since my MX-JJS is just a 4U.
    Defense is almost the same as well.

Overall, I like the MX-JJS better but this is a no nonsense racket one needs to concentrate to use it properly. Note also that the frame of the MX-JJS is slightly smaller than the MX-60.

The MX-60 is easier to use and more forgiving. Something you can hit around on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Lol.

I bet the difference will be more noticeable if I got the MX JJS in 3U but I'm not that fit to use it yet. :D

14. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I think it's a good idea if you ignore the 'U' ratings on Victor rackets, and actually use a scale and weigh them. In my experience, I've found that Victor 3U rackets are at the bottom of the 3U weight range, and Yonexes are at the top. The difference is massive. It's like Victor aims for right inbetween the weight ranges, and those over get called 3U, and those under as 4U.

If you want something 'meatier' than a Meteor, you have to look at the Superwaves, or maybe the new TK8000 might suit. The 'meatiest' Victor I've ever used has been the 3U SW35. Way too 'meaty' for me, though.

15. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

Agree that scales are more accurate than U Ratings. Still need to mention this for people who don't have scales though.

I wanted something meatier than a bravesword. The feel of a meteor MX JJS is just right for me.

I owned a SW35 once but I had to let it go to a friend. I'm not strong enough to use it. I tried using it again for warm up shots but I got tired even before the game started. haha.

16. Stephanus

Stephanus Regular Member

Hard worker
    Hi Bakulaw,

Currently, I play MD with mx60 4U and found it quite forgiving. It is also stiff for a medium-stiff. I am keen to get a mx jjs 4U for the extra power however I am worried that it is too stiff. I got a strained shoulder playing with Vt80 for few months. Do you mind sharing your experience after playing for sometimes with jjs? Thanks.

17. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

MX JJS is indeed stiffer than the MX60. In my case, a proper warm up (stretching, etc.) is necessary before using the MX JJS.

If I use it without warming up properly, the stiff racket does punish me. I'll surely get a painful shoulder and elbow.

In you case, it would be better to try out a friend's MX JJS first. I'm afraid to recommend it to you knowing that you injured from the VT 80.

18. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

If you have joints problems, trying a racket with a shock absorption construction might be a good idea (Brave Sword line has this and it can be found in other brands too). Have you thought of a 3U MX60 to get better power without the extra stiffness?

19. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The good thing about the MX60 is that it's the best damped Meteor. Not quite as good as an old spec BS11, and not as fast either, but torsionally it's better.

If you want extra head/swing weight but not as much as the VT80, and you want a Victor, it seems from early days reports the racket you should maybe be looking at is the Thruster TK8000.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

@bakulaw ... Since you already have tried Eric's Pro6000, you should really try what LD Rules suggested, the XP70. It is a very good hybrid racket that has Meteor octagonal cross section in the lower half frame and Bravesword aerodynamic cross section in the upper half frame. It is both fast and powerful, and has this amazing high pitched swish sound when you swing it right. ;) It is now my go to racket after trying out MX70, 80, 60, BS12, SW35, VT80, VTZF, Precision Pro, Revelation. ...... Just weigh and measure you racket to see your preference, and order one to spec from Eric. :)

#40 visor, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013