Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Well..Pak Gita wanted the announcement by Friday but he forgot that calling new players or letting players go need SK...remember that Djarum/Jayaraya used to reject the offer...they wanted to make sure the new players will accept and there is a chance "former players/non pelatnas" will be called back and PBSI wanted to make sure that they okay..

Also this is the first time, PBSI will give appreciation to players/Coaches for their service which is no longer needed by PBSI so they neeed to prepare for proper Good bye...it is not good to annouce to press they would od it and trust me...many reporters are waiting and not happy about it..

Also there is another coach that PBSI needs to negotiate in last minute ( a good thing)....

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    There is so many changes to be done and it is not easy as "some" are not comfortable with the changes yet...Time has changed! and "some" are get used to hold the power which is no longer in new cabinet....expect "some turbulences " in few months...

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    i think that is a balance between pragmatism and efficiency. Working like that is very stressful and can cause high staff turnover. A new member of staff needs retraining and that can take up even more time for complex tasks.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    it's better that PBSI tells the people that services are no longer needed before the press announcement. You can see many times in other sports that athletes only find out decisions via the press. It's not a nice feeling to know you have been dropped when it's not your boss that tells you.

5. sen

sen Regular Member

Yes. Out of thread topic. I have worked in Singapore where staff turnover was over 50% in 1 year. So more than half are always "new" staff but it was not caused by the above.

In Indonesia, procrastination is big problem. Also I tried to make it more stressful because the regulation in labour law in Indonesia is not very fair to companies that retain people. So difficult and expensive to let go of workers who have worked for many years(no matter how bad).

Back to PBSI, I think there was communication misunderstanding yesterday. I don't know how people were expecting the announcement yesterday when according to huangkwokhau's post above there is still last minute negotiation. So it was not they tried to hold back but it was not confirmed. I thought they tried to be like Indonesian idol announcement where it was kept delayed for commercial. Hahaha.... (I watched that show once and never watched again because of that tactic)

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I read somewhere that Rexy was to supposed to go to MAS to wrap up some things there (family?) and also to the Philippines to do ditto. Apparently he mentioned that things would only be moving forward after the holidays, i.e after New Year's. And that he expects full training to resume immediately after the holidays. Hmmm....

7. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    hehe....
    sometimes we have to see the time also...
    remember, this is the end of the year... new year will come...
    even when they announce it in 28 dec, they will not work in 29 dec-1 january...

but i appreciate your opinion :)

8. naistav

naistav Regular Member

I agree with this.
    This delay is unacceptable for me as well. As I understand, Pak Gita and Rexy did rush the announcement just to find out that the procedure is also important. Hopefully both spirit and energy to fix our PBSI can be within good management.
    Quick is good, but accurate is also important pak.. hehehe

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    National shuttlers urged to shape up

Paper Edition | Page: 8
    Mustaqim Adamrah, The Jakarta Post
    Sun, December 30 2012

http://www2.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/12/30/national-shuttlers-urged-shape.html

Excerpts:

...This year marked a slump in Indonesia’s badminton, with the Olympic contingent failing for the first time since 1992 to win a gold medal. The team came home empty handed.

To add to their Olympic woes in London, Indonesian women’s doubles pair Meiliana Jauhari and Greysia Polii were ejected from the tournament in disgrace.

...The badminton association has urged the players to excel at four tournaments to come: The All- England Championships on March 5-10 in Birmingham, England; the Sudirman Cup on May 19-26 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; the World Championships on Aug. 4-11 in Guangzhou, China; and the SEA Games in December in Myanmar.

“I think our probability of winning the SEA Games is higher than winning the three others,” PBSI chairman Gita Wirjawan told a press conference at the association’s headquarters in Cipayung, East Jakarta, on Friday.

“Meanwhile, our probability of winning the Sudirman Cup, to be frank, is less than 50 percent,” he said.

...In the World Championships, Indonesia last won in 2007, with two titles each in the men’s doubles and the mixed doubles.In the biennial SEA Games in 2011 in Jakarta, Indonesia managed to clinch fi ve gold medals out of seven on offer.

The recruitment of Rexy Mainaky, Atlanta 2006 gold medalist with doubles partner Ricky Subagja, gives hope that Indonesia can bounce back from its poor performances.

The challenge ahead may well prove trickier than before, as threats now emanate not only from countries with badminton traditions like Malaysia, Korea, Denmark and China, but also from second-tier countries like Chinese Taipei and Hong Kong.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Indonesia offers cash incentives to boost badminton performance[/h]
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/04/us-badminton-indonesia-idUSBRE90307O20130104

EXCERPTS:

Gita Wirjawan, the newly appointed president of the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI), has promised sweeping changes in how the popular sport will be run in the country.

Previously, the PBSI would divide 50 percent of sponsorship money among the players but now they stood to earn more.

"In the new scheme, athletes will get more," Wirjawan was quoted as saying by the Jakarta Globe newspaper on Friday.

"As an example, they will get 90 percent of the contract value while PBSI gets 10 percent. I will get another source to pay official and coaching staff salaries."

Wirjawan, Indonesia's minister of trade, has given new development director Rexy Mainaky full authority to assess performance and prepare a list of players who will train at the national camp at Cipayung in East Jakarta.

"He (Rexy) has developed a business plan and arranged the budget to support his plan. I approved it and the finance department has to support him. No questions," he said.

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    There's a new sheriff in town!

PBSI Head Implements Strict Guidelines to Improve Badminton Performance

Wimbo Satwiko | January 04, 2013
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/spor...lines-to-improve-badminton-performance/564561

Excerpts:

...Gita stamped his authority by streamlining the association known as PBSI while giving new development director Rexy Mainaky full authority to arrange his program and send shuttlers to tournaments.

“I gave Rexy full authority in development. ...

...“The most common problem was shuttlers couldn’t go to tournaments as their ticket wasn’t issued. Officials from other departments preferred to send other shuttlers, as he or she was close to the official. It won’t happen again,” Trade Minister Gita said.

Gita and Rexy also pushed for stricter criteria for shuttlers and coaching staff. Rexy has assessed shuttlers’ performance and he will decide who will stay in the training camp and who will be booted from Cipayung. Rexy has yet to announce the list as he went to Manila to settle personal matter, but Gita hinted that there are around 14 shuttlers who will get booted from the training camp.

“There will be new faces in the coaching staff. Basri Yusuf will lead regional development. He has a good record as the Singapore national team head coach. Rexy called other former players abroad to return to Indonesia,” Gita said. “We will also give opportunity to shuttlers outside the training camp who have good performance.”

Bringing order back to the training camp is an important step that the PBSI will take, Gita said, adding that the days when shuttlers could leave the camp to enjoy nightlife are gone.

“In the old days, they could leave the camp after midnight and return home in the morning. That won’t happen again. I will install CCTV in the camp. The security officers will be given their orders, and I asked Rexy to live in Cipayung,” he said.

With stricter selection criteria for both shuttlers and coaching staff, the PBSI promised to provide them better compensation and bonuses if they can deliver victories. But they may not enjoy as comfortable a life as in the old days, as they will be evaluated periodically, Gita said.

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Hopefully professional management of new PBSI chief will produce better result for INA badminton :)

13. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    Pelatnas coach in 2013....

MS : Joko Supriyanto (head coach),Marlev Mainaky,Imam Tohari

WS : Liang Chiu Sia (head coach),Sarwendah,Dimas Indra

MD : Herry IP (Pelatih head coach),Aryono,Chafidz Yusuf

WD : Reony Mainaky (khead coach),Namrih Suroto,Endra Mulyajaya

XD : Richard Mainaky (head coach), Nova Widianto, Yanti Kusmiati

14. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant

MS 1st team :

Simon Santoso
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    Tommy Sugiarto
    Dionyius Hayom Rumbaka
    Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo
    Shesar Hiren Rhustavito

WS 1st team :
    Lindaweni Fanetri
    Aprilia Yuswandari
    Adriyanti Firdasari
    Hera Desiana Rachmawati
    Bellaetrix Manuputty
    Maria Febe Kusumastuti

MD 1st team :
    Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputra
    Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Agripinna Prima Rahmanto Putra
    Ricky Karanda Suwardi/Muhammad Ulinnuha
    Hendra Setiawan/Mohammad Ahsan
    Bona Septano/Afiat Yuris Wirawan
    Berry Anggriawan/Yohanes Rendy Sugiarto

WD 1st team ::
    Greysia Polii/Meiliana Jauhari
    Pia Zebadiah Bernadeth/Rizki Amelia Pradipta
    Anneke Feinya Agustin/Nitya Krishinda Maheswari
    Della Destiara Haris/Suci Rizki Andini
    Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah/Gebby Ristiyani Imawan
    Jenna Gozali/Komala Dewi

XD 1st team :
    Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir
    Muhammd Rijal/Debby Susanto
    Fran Kurniawan/Shendy Puspa Irawati
    Ricky Widianto/Richi Puspita Dili
    Irfan Fadhilah/Wenni Anggrani

15. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    MS 2nd team : Riyanto,Gifar,Panji Akbar,Anthony Ginting,Thomi Azizan,Ihsan Maulana,Jonathan Christie, M.Bayu Pangisthu

WS 2nd team : Mazziyah,Yeni,Renna,Hana,Ruselli

MD 2nd team : Wahyu Nayaka,Ade Yusuf, Ronald, Selfanus Geh, Hafiz Faisal,Putra Eka,Rafiddias, Kevin Sanjaya,Hardianto,Arya Maulana

WD 2nd team : Shela Devi,Anggia Shitta,Ririn,Melvira,Melati Daeva,Rosyita Eka,Imma Mutiah,Maretha Dea

XD 2nd team : Alfian Eko,Gloria,Lukhi Apri,Annisa Saufika,Edi Subaktiar,Sri Wulan Sari

16. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    Kick out from pelatnas:

MS: Evert Sukamta, Siswanto, Andre Marteen Tene
    WS: Milicent IW, Elizabeth Purwaningtyas
    MD: Andrei Adistia ,Christopher Rusdianto ,
    Rahmat Adianto, Felix Kinalsal
    WD: Deariska Putri Medita ,Khaeriah Rosmini,
    XD: Rizki Dely Nugraha

17. sen

sen Regular Member

With Rexy, that is 4 Mainaky in PBSI. Only Karel not in PBSI.

18. sen

sen Regular Member

I think it is quite fair enough. The only 1 I am surprised is Elizabeth Purwaningtyas(Ocoy) who was a surprise Junior runner up last year but she did not do well in the past 1 year.

That shows that they want consistent result, I guess

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yes, I couldn't help noticing that, too...
    BTW, where is Ricky Subagja?

20. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    hmmm....
    nothing shocked....
    stil curious why maziyyah is still there....
    better promote fitriani....