*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Wow, that precision 88 is an absolute work of art! Lovely, pics, Kwun, thanks so much!

2. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Looking forward to try tis out, wonder how it performs compare to Victor's Bravesword series. Thx Kwun for sharing !!!

3. visor

visor Regular Member

so those dimples / bumps are supposed to improve aerodynamic air flow? interesting...

i wonder what kind of swishing sound it'd make... higher pitched than bs series, i'd imagine

4. visor

visor Regular Member

so those dimples / bumps are supposed to improve aerodynamic air flow? interesting...

i wonder what kind of swishing sound it'd make... higher pitched than bs series, i'd imagine

5. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

totally amazed by the paint-job.
    the concept of dragon design is very interesting and they made bumps like dragon scale at the frame too, it's unique, and I wish it's effective. :D

6. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

great paint job but i can only imagine those bumps will cause more drag than those smooth Bravesword when you swing it...

7. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

it would be nice to see AdiZero/Adiprecission Tour's pics and spec as well but they seem to have stopped updating the adidas badminton facebook page now...:mad:

#627 mzheng168, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  8. visor

visor Regular Member

on the contrary, the purpose of those bumps is to improve aerodynamics (at least in theory anyway)

much like having dimples on golf balls help break up laminar flow to control turbulunce at the boundary layer ;)

9. jyeung

jyeung Regular Member

10. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-
    the paintjob looks awesome to me. from what i can see it is dragon style - if there is the same with fish, i need to find a good excuse for a new racket!

11. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

which one would you pick for doubles game? i am leaning towards the Adipower Tour... Adizero Pro seems too light. Kwun hasn't got any more info on the Adipower Tour and Adiprecission Tour yet but from the spec on fb page, Adipower Tour might be powerful doubles racket... waiting for Kwun's review...

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

adipower pro, I guess...the adipower force looks indeed like a force to be reckoned with, but too slow to be of any real use in doubles (looks even heavier than the N90 :O). The adipower pro looks really promising and according to kwun's review it's similar to the Arc10 which was a really popular choice in doubles...

13. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    They are having a badminton showcase event with Victor Axelsen at Birmingham University Munrow sports centre on 4th March. I wonder if this is the same event? I am sort of helping out organise it by trying to get people to come along.

If anyone is interested (in the showcase event) the Facebook event can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/events/291778877615068/

It explains who to E-mail to reserve your tickets.

If anyone has any queries you can ask me via PM or E-mail the primary organiser who's details are in the Facebook event.

Kwun, if you aren't happy with this being here feel free to remove/ edit it (wasn't too sure on the rules for linking to a Facebook event or advertising events in general) :)

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no problem. but can someone, maybe Sevex, take some pics and post it here in BC? would be really cool for the rest of us who cannot attend.

15. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

full on dragon design, with the dragon looking shaft paint and the clouds on the frame, with the dimple looking frame at 3/9 oclock that looks like scales of a dragon....i dont know that's the first thing that hit me when i first looked at the pics. :)

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    scales is exactly what i thought when i first saw it. the design is indeed very interesting and unique. a dragon with scales that cuts through the air. the racket plays well too. the review will be posted soon.

but before that, can anyone guess... why? why such a design out of the blue?

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    for strong doubles player, i would suggest adipower pro. powerful, not that heavy.

for someone prefer faster and fastest game and don't mind lighter racket, the adizero pro.

the adipower duoforce and tour also look interesting. the duoforce more so coz the tour maybe a bit soft. i'll see if i can get a sample for reviewing.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Re dragon design

^ cause they were gonna release it in year of dragon but got delayed and will release it anyways in year of snake... which looks like dragon anyways? :p

19. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

wanna attract more chinese player and get more sales in China?:cool:

The precision section is more like the ''arc'' series in yonex right? But why they're emphasizing on speed? :confused:

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    also to clarify, the adipower force and adipower pro are classified by Adidas as singles racket, while the adipower duoforce and adipower tour are classified as doubles racket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.