Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    If they change partner, they have to sell their sports car and ride motorbike... If they no change partner they will just hang on the top 10 spots, cannot improve

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Ya, too much at stake.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

One of their major weaknesses that their opponents have been able to exploit is that both of them are too specialized in what they do, Tan smashing from the back with Koo controlling the net at the front. If you compare to the other top pairs, they need to be able to do both!

But asking Koo to smash harder may be asking too much: IMO even the CHN wd players can smash harder than him without having to shout one bit. :p

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Another KKK joke yawn

5. SibugiChai

YAB
    Wang xiaoli smashes do looks more powerful than kkk

6. undeadshot

Because you are comparing a woman's smashes with other women in the match. In MD however you are comparing a man to other men.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Perhaps, but you'll have to agree that Koo probably has the weakest smash of all the top 10 md pairs. Seriously, I know he's trying harder at the Oly, but his shouting while smashing this time has not improved his smashes one bit.

As someone said earlier, now it looks a bit more comical watching him perform the same weak smash but just louder shouting. ;)

8. julianng

julianng Regular Member

lol, love your post.

Unfortunately, he really did not have enough sleep before the semi final match against CY/FHF, until couldn't realize the 1st set is over when he just woke up:eek:

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

A split is a split..,. BAM, no more compromise!:mad:

10. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

maybe I've missed those matches so can u please tell me which tournament? maybe not all of it, i just wanna know if I've missed any matches that they've lost. ( both in msia and international ) TQ.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

International tournaments - the more famous one is losing to Fuzzy pair in SS Finals 2009 in group stage. As a result, KKK/TBH did not make it pass group stage that year.
    Also : http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftwar...4B3017-19B3-49E0-937F-5E1B32F9687F&player=123

Of course, they have also lost to CTF/LWW a couple of times before the uncles retired.
    Those junior to them, they have lost once to Mak/TWK, forgot when. You can look it up :
    http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

Local tournaments :
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...5FDE26-4F54-4349-818C-AE1D28A6B08B&player=405
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...2ABDD64-E6D1-43DC-BF10-0D78477CB71E&player=88

#1771 eaglehelang, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

A pair played without fighting spirit when against top pairs is a strong massage that they don't have Believes in them self to win against top pairs like Cy/Fhf and Lyd/Cjs. They seems giving up very easily when they can't get the upper hand over top pairs.....This pair is done, they have no more confidence when against top pairs so why still keep them!!

13. Mr.Seafood

Mr.Seafood Regular Member

Student
    China league tournament is going be their last match as a partner

14. julianng

julianng Regular Member

If not they are not split , I think KKK/TBH should watch back their video in the AG'06 and AE'07 back again how they beat CY/FHF so easily last time but lost to them so easily right now ...

[video=youtube;SXhwLZ9_qq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXhwLZ9_qq4&feature=relmfu[/video]

Actually it's not because CY/FHF are in top form, they still play about the same as last time if you look at them.

#1774 julianng, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  15. flite

flite Regular Member

Based on your opinion above, what difference does it makes to Koo/Tan if they were to split and got a new partner or to make to play in XD?

Kindly enlighten me.

16. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

No, CY/FHF is not the same as last time.. yes, their style may still be the same but its alot more accurate, and faster. Their shots are more deadly and their defense is alot better than last time... KKK/TBH remains the same or even worse than last time. In mens doubles, speed, power, defense, precision is very important and one have to keep improving in order to stay at the top.. Very good example is CY/FHF and LYD/JJS. They were constantly improving and bring mens doubles to a whole new level whereas KKK/TBH is stagnant at where they were few years back. Because they think they're so great that they dont need to change n improve or they cant manage to improve, I dont know. Other pairs manage to stay at the top because they play a smart game, get the strategy right. KKK/TBH were once famous for their defense, power and KKK's speed at the net. All that are still there in their game. But others have evolve and got better than them.. They need to buck up and forget that they were once a great pair. They just need to admit that they are now an ordinary pair.
    in the match against CY/FHF and LYD/JJS, they gave up too easily and didnt look interested in fighting back at all..

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I mean they clearly have lost their confidence and fighting spirit against top pairs so it's better to try something new than keeping them and continue with uninspired performances.They did tried for years since 2008 and even changed their coach but still can't bring back their form in 2006/2007.......So, why keeping this combo instead of try something new...?

18. SibugiChai

YAB
    I guess they are comfortable with what they have now. World top 10 with steady flow of income and less expectation

19. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Yes, one thing they are not happy about though is the media and pressure from their home country to improve or facce the split. This is not fairytale land. I wish I could be them but without the media and home fans.

20. undeadshot