Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputro

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by miksss, Apr 29, 2011.

1. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    oh sorry, so in their last 4 tourneys : 1 GPG title, 1 GP title, 1 SF SS, and beat olympic gold in SC.
    in these 4 tourneys, they beat Hendra/Ahsan and Cai Yun/Fu Hai Feng. They have already beat Lee Young Dae/Jung Jae Sung, Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong. If not mistaken, last year, Cai/Fu is WR 1, LYD/JJS is WR 2 and KKK/TBH is WR 4. maybe they will become 4 hit wonders for beating Cai/Fu, LYD/JJS, KKK/TBH, Hendra/Ahsan ? hehehe

peace....

2. fathonezic

Consultant
    anway, i agree, we should see their consistency more,.
    as other country will watch them more

3. naistav

naistav Regular Member

My apologies if my expectation to them now increased.
    I would like to wish them at the top for long period of time like CY/FHF, LD, Tony Gunawan, Chandra, etc and also peak at the right tournament.

And the way Angga/Ryan played against CY/FHF shown that they have all the capabilities to be top 4 MD. But to reach there, need their consistency all year long with good strategy of tournaments chosen.
    And to remain as top class MD for years like CY/FHF (since 2004 until now - 9 years already), you need super consistency.
    Of course I am impressed when they defeated big names once or twice. It's time for them to be MD that targeted by other MD to be defeated, instead of aiming defeating top MD (Angga/Ryan has done that already - defeating top MDs).
    But fans will always be fans. Fans can be wrong (most of the time actually), when they say : "call this player to Pelatnas, split this pair, form new pair of this and that, etc etc. This can be considered as variations of forum discussion, nothing harm as the decision maker is they are who run PBSI which are capable of it.

4. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Wishing they can give better result in INA OSS 2013..

5. fathonezic

Consultant
    100% agree

6. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    Eventhough they have beaten some top pairs, still, I think they need to and must win some SS/PSS title this year, or WC. They have GP and GPG title already. What they want to look for?
    If they don't get any SS/PSS title this year, Hery I.P. should split them. Refresh!

7. fathonezic

Consultant
    some is too many... i think, 1 is enough.... if they cant do that, maybe you are right that we have to split them

8. miksss

miksss Regular Member

congrats.. they are in top 8 now ;)

9. fathonezic

Consultant
    if they can be in top 5 at the end of the year, then, if they cant win any ss, it can be forgiven haha :D

10. sen

sen Regular Member

Liu/Qiu has been around for quite some time, never been in top 10 and only won GP tournaments up until Feb this year. Finally they won AE.

I think Angga/Rian should be given more time. Never win SS does not mean bad in future.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Liu Xiaolong is already 25 yo, while Qiu Zihan is 22. Angga Pratama and Rian Agung Saputro will be 22 & 23 this year.

Rian/Angga can match Liu/Qiu, judging from their last encounter in the India SS. They were leading 19-17 in both sets, only to be overturned at the end. I have to say that INA players still lack that little bit of concentration during the crucial pts. CHN players are better in this aspect.

#111 badMania, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  12. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Two consecutive loses as early as R1 after good performance in Sudirman cup. Need the consistency.

13. jks_niceguy

jks_niceguy Regular Member

I really wonder what is wrong with Angga/Ryan consistency. Mental problem?
    But they really showed mental strength against CY/FH at Sudirman cup the last time...

14. chemile

chemile Regular Member

I think Angga/Rian still can not adjust and quick adapt with some opponents who have speed and agility more than them. When I saw they played at DIOSSP 2013 against Chinese Taipei pair, they really not comfort with faster pace and better player at the net. If they want to be top 5 world MD, they must ready to face all type of play pairs.

15. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

woohoo, Angga/Ryan beat Liu/Qiu in WC2013.
    i hope they can maintain their consistency and win the WC2013. Though, i don't really mind if Ahsan/Hendra wins it.

16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Congrats to Angga/Ryan for winning the Indonesian GP Gold. INA needs them to breakthrough to win at SS level. They need to be on par with Hendra/Ahsan and win games vs. European's Boe/Carsten.

#116 indrg, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  17. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

Congrats for Angga/Ryan but i'd like to see angga thinner. IMHO, for professional athletes he's way too fat.

18. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    Agree.
    They need to win at least 1 SS title this year. They have been in SS level for almost 3 years.

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

They need to step up in this week's French Open. They need to win their first SS event to be considered the 2nd MD after Ahsan/Hendra. Anyway, where is Bona/Frans new MD pair? I have yet to see them in action. Why can't the new combo participate like the Korean's MD pair? Is their ranking too low?

20. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

Just watching Angga/Ryan againts sonoda/kamura really hurting my eyes. Talents and skill really useless without determination and hard work. Jap pair really less skill comparing them but they have clear tactics and work harder and faster. If Angga/Ryan continue play like that i really dont think they will be world contender