Groups In The East

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by chrislyn, Jan 15, 2008.

1. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi Chrislyn,

Booking badminton courts in Singapore is not an easy task as there are many enthusiastic badminton players here. I am quite experience in booking courts but still I am not fast enough to get the court this morning.

I might be able to help you to get court in future but it will be on tuesday nights, as my regular games were previously on tuesday nights but have just switched to thursday nights. Would your group of people mind to switch from friday to tuesday?

Wong

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    chrislyn, don't lose heart!
    At least you managed to get it going this far.

That in itself is quite commendable :)

3. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

Easy Online Booking

You can just book easily via SSC website.
    If you couldn't view this site, you need to install Java Runtime JRE to view this website applet.

At the website you must Register first.
    Then click Reistered user's login.
    Type Nric number & password.Then click on Badminton.
    In Activity column select Badminton
    Select Date,Time,Venue,End Time. then click on the Query button
    and it will show you the available court #.

Just tick in the checkbox to the court# you prefered.
    Then click submit and proceed with the ENETS online payment.
    If you cancel or is there an error during processing please wait for 30 minutes
    for the system to clear your cancellation.
    For phone booking just call 63451222 or 63409553 or 64824980

And to play at CC you can also book via One PA .
    On the bottom left "Quick Booking" Column Choose which CC you prefered,then below it.
    click on the calender date you prefered, then below calender click on "Book Now"
    and it will show you the available court.Then proceed with the Enet payment.

4. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

hey... thanks for offering to help :) i'm not too sure, will check with the members & get back to you again... thanks!

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    There's a saying that preference is given to CC representatives. Other means would be if you are a "good buddy" or "well connected" with the CC people or SH people there. eg. like places in Hougang SH and other SH, some people pre-booked it. Too bad to hear this. Good luck on those who are so called independent.

6. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

yup, we're currently using the above-mentioned SSC & OnePA websites. The problem is that almost all the courts are booked up within less than 1 minute of the system being open for bookings online. thanks for the info though :)

7. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

hahaha... that did cross my mind... oh well... haiz... tough luck then ;p i was just really surprised at how difficult it is just to get a court... perhaps i had overlooked the fact that we're all vying for limited peak hour slots...

8. Temasek Green

Sometimes CC badminton courts been used for other function e:g Kindergarten Graduation,Wedding,Grassroot Gathering & etc etc.That why the clerk reserved some slot for those activities,I experiences that too,but it still ok compare to SAFRA & HomeTeam where they reserved/hold some slots for their staff sometimes without valid reason.

9. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

:eek: didn't expect it to be so packed up... I'll try to help when I get back, see what I can do :)

10. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

thanks so much for your words of encouragement :) perhaps i should have checked around to see how difficult it is to get courts prior to starting a group... at least i won't end up leaving my members hanging like that :( hai...

11. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

I think that right now you are experiencing high difficulty in getting the courts because the coaches from Tampiness SH are migrating to Bedok SH due to the closure of that place. So... other alternative would be to book else where.

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    hmmm.... this should not be accepted. (ie. "without valid reason") No one is above the free spirit of CCs. Money and time wasted on all parties.

"reserved/hold some slots for their staff sometimes without valid reason."

13. Temasek Green

14. Temasek Green

15. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

yup will do so... thanks :)

16. chrislyn

chrislyn Regular Member

Is Tues 8-10pm Ok?

hi everyone,

just asking... do all of you mind changing our weekly date to tues 8-10pm instead? do drop me an email at chrislyn82@gmail.com to let me know... thinking through alternatives & trying to work something out... sorry... thanks :)

17. terror

terror Regular Member

went down to siglap cc this afternoon and saw that 22 feb's slot has been booked for archery(again) and 29 feb's has been booked for MAEL/MLAE or some funny thing like that.

as of now, it seems that the friday night slots are really hard to get, no matter which courts we're talking about.

ill try to get courts for tuesdays from 730-930pm, since that seems to be the next most popular slot for most of the ppl here. if that fails as well then we might have to settle for a weekend afternoon slot.

18. sherwinsm

sherwinsm Regular Member

engineer
    hi i am interested joining a group in the east. do you have schedule?

19. terror

terror Regular Member

checked with the people over at siglap cc, and nearly every day of the week from 25feb-2mar has already been booked, not for badminton, but by the cc committee themselves, for some gathering(i think they said something about grassroots). so for that week, our only hope appears to be the sports hall itself

the night slots for 18-24feb are fully booked as well, with the exception of 1 court from 830-930pm, on monday.

ill carry on trying to get courts for the month of march, once they allow booking. top of the list would be friday nights and tuesday nights(hopefully it can even become a twice-a-week affair). if both are unavailable, then will have to settle for courts elsewhere i guess

btw, if anyone here books the court online, let me know so that i can pop by in person to get the second one. only 1 out of 2 courts are available for online booking.

20. aerotus70

aerotus70 Regular Member

for safra courts

there is a kind of booking call block booking , where u can book the badmintons courts for the entire month for the same particular day - meaning for month of march u can book all 4 fridays for the month of march, need 5-6 safra membership cards though.

I am not sure if this thing booking is still around, was told by the badminton store boss in tpy safra that there is this kind of booking many yrs back. Need to fill in some form. I nv try before ( not safra member)... safra online booking is only limited to 1 court. Not experienced in safra courts as my friend do the booking.

for SSC courts

quite hard to get them, used to be 1wk booking on every tuesday 7am, now booking can be done every 2weeks in advance online. Was told by tampines sport hall auntie that ppl quene 5am outside to book courts... I used to wake up 6am in the morning every tuesday and prepare to book online, logging in @0659 and wait for the clk to strike 0700... lol

for cc courts

quite easy to book online, tampines have like 5-6 cc, but usually cc events are the main culprits for been unable to book the halls.

tuesday would be easier to book courts as ppl usually play on fridays as most are working adults and sat they can sleep late