Lee Chong Wei vs Lin Dan at WC 2011

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by george@chongwei, Aug 12, 2011.

?

Who will be the Men's Single Champion for 2011?

1. Lee Chong Wei

100.0%
  2. Lin Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. laonong

laonong Regular Member

LD's nick name was "LIN(1) Dan(4)" which means "Zero Egg" when he lost in Olympic 2004. Another nickname was LIN YILUN. But now people have forgot his nick names.

Lee's nick name may motivate him to work harder.

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Hahaha your post ... I can only laugh :D :D

3. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Thanks for pointing that out! This is extremely important. It's called power of converting or efficiency rate of converting.

This rate is an important measure for the players ability to win. Super stars, not only in badminton, are especially good at this ability. Not only badminton, Ping-pong, Tennis, even team sports, like Basketball, the last winning ability are the most important. All the news report who finally finish the game. The ability tells us who's the go-to guy.

Lin Dan's rate here is 100%, he didn't waste any game point, or match point. While LCW is only 1/7, which is 14%. That's the huge difference between them. LCW is good, almost in all categories, except this most important, the ability to win.

Michael Jordon could miss tens of shots in a row, but once he shot the winning shot, he's the hero. Coach always let the go-to guy to shot the last, even this guys goal percentage is not the best.

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

yes, they are very important and were in their mind during the game.
    LD was so clever that at 22-21 game 3, he asked for a towel break and the umpire allowed it (M Frost the old fox seen through it though).
    LD just let LCW had time to think about all the game/match points he missed and LD got his first and the second is coming!

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Maybe you should know that I was told LD s new nickname after Spore Open is Lin Dung, for rubbishing badminton by giving a walkover the day after he declared to the media he wanted to be badminton s ambassador. If you have watched the whole match, you would have realized it was such a fantastic match, anyone who belittle badminton would be in such awe of this sport. Instead we have idiotic LD fans who continue to crow over LD s win as if or because this may be the last time he will defeat LCW.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Or post-Singapore, "Lying Dan" :D

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

This WC MS Final, i feel, it was LCW's to lose. LD's got nothing to lose..
    2012 OG, if they were to meet again (in Final Rd. or before), once again it will be LCW's to lose..
    ..i don't really need to watch the whole match to know it was such a fantastic match; just can see from the scoreboard and the last few pts of the 3rd game..*if i have time later, i might watch the entire 81 pulsating minutes of it..

#187 ctjcad, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

I dont believe Lin Dan was pressure free in the WC as many people think.

before the tournament started i'm quite sure that Team China or even Li Yongbo was happy with 4 golds. but, as the tournament got going and before the Finals day the clean sweep was still on.

I posted on the other thread that the LD-LCW match will be the key for China's clean sweep. It''s almost like the final match in Thomas or Sudirman Cup the whole team's honour was in his hand. You tell me this is not pressure.

another point is both LD and FYF/CY were both on course to win the world champion the 4th time. teammates or not I'm sure Lin Dan wouldn't be too happy in the future been introduced as the 3 times world champion, and then FHF/CY the 4 times world champion.

#188 AlanY, Aug 18, 2011
  9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

LD might have a bit of pressure, but at the end it was simply LCW's to lose; coming in red-hot, WR #1, even avoided all the INA shuttlers aka his boogeymen (who'd beaten him in past WCs) but he simply couldn't close the deal (w/2 match pts chances and blew it)..

#189 ctjcad, Aug 18, 2011
  10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I am amazed if anyone can know what happened by just looking at the points. Can't LCW be trailing all the way? A true badminton fan should watch it and not discriminate. ;) I am still puzzled with knowing all by seeing scores only. Amazing... ;)

Talking about credibility and competency..? it is god like.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    This is a very interesting point, which I have never thought of.... You are saying LD deliberately gave time to LCW to reflect on his own (ie LCW's) failure during that specific crucial moment....

if this was indeed LD's intention, it would be psychological warfare at the very highest level...

#191 pcll99, Aug 18, 2011
  12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Rivalry brings out the best in Lee, Lin Dan
    2011/08/18
    By K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nst.com.my

Full Story: http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles//43RIVA/Article/

Excerpts:

THEY are best of friends off court but Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan of China hate to lose to each other and this has taken their rivalry to another level.
    Lin Dan's uncanny ability to peak effortlessly at major events, said national singles coach Tey Seu Bock, has helped him keep ahead of Chong Wei for the last six years.

"Lin Dan has been suffering uncharacteristic defeats to several players since the 2008 Olympics but when it comes to a major, he makes an extra effort to deny Chong Wei.

"In fact, Chong Wei also hates losing to Lin Dan but the latter's special gift to be able to peak on the big occasion gives him the edge," said Seu Bock.

"Their rivalry has been intense for the last six years but it has been very close over the last two. Currently,Lin Dan is the only player capable of beating Chong Wei but that is not going to happen too often as their rivalry suggests.

"This is due to Chong Wei's improvement and maturity as a player. In fact, since losing to Taufik Hidayat (of Indnonesia) in the last World Championships, he has lost only twice (to Lin Dan) in 13 tournaments.

"Lin Dan has inflicted enough disappointments (on Chong Wei) and I am optimistic of seeing a more confident Chong Wei giving his arch rival a taste of his own medicine in coming meetings.

"Chong Wei may have lost the early battles but I hope he will be victorious in the London Olympics and it will be good if Lin Dan is on the receiving end."

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fighting words from TSB! :D

13. volcom

volcom Regular Member

While LD enjoys a nice cup of tea comfortably at home :)

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

dear mr. extreme-kangen-water-powe,
    it's not about whether one can know what happened or knowing all by just looking at the scores; but simply one knows how fantastic the match was just by looking at the scoreboard...i'm sure you can sense how exciting and pulsating it is just by looking at the below scorelines..so, no, it's not god-like..:cool:

Attached Files:

#194 ctjcad, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  15. flite

flite Regular Member

Statistic statistic and statistic lol.

It was so much livelier watching the match itself. How were the smash winners executed? Were it powerful and accurate enough? Any acrobatic style of retrievals? How was the build up to the final game points? Any good rallies?... and most importantly the atmosphere and the expressions of both players during critical moments.

You can't even tell was there any controversies.

I almost throw up when I saw the graph above.

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

OT;

I was always wonder how they got all those numbers, from thin air?
    3 net winners in the last games! that cant be right.
    do they have people watching all those games from day 1 as most of them were not on TV? incl qualifications?

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I believe tournamentsoftware is directly linked to the umpire's chair computer/tablet thingie ...

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

even that i dont think the umpire will record if it was a net or smash winner etc

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I just re-watched the LCW vs LD match again (after re-watching it a million times)..

It seems LD was the one who requested a towel break immediately after his first championship point.... But, based on the live TV broadcast, I am not 100% certain ... maybe it was LCW who initiated the request...

Can someone please confirm?

20. guy3288

guy3288 Regular Member

executive
    no need to argue so much.

LCW lost it, he only have himself to blame

LD can afford to lose, since he had won so many before. Win one more, that's a bonus!

All the more humiliating to LCW, but what to do? LCW only have himself to blame!!

Even i who supported LCW wont defend him.
    What's the point of being WR No 1, if you cant's beat LD??

And time is running out!!!!!!!!!The worse is LD decides to call it quit tomorrow, LCW will then really be relegated to forever be the 2nd best!!!!

So come on LCW get it right next time, no more excuses!!!!!!!!!

Next time when you lose the game, say out loud i am just not as good as LD!!!!!!!!!!