Tan Kim Her might return to Msia??

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by eaglehelang, Jan 14, 2008.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    TKH in England = Rexy in Malaysia in terms of recognition and satisfaction...

If I were them, I would definitely not going back to own countries...

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Kim Her should fit into the Malaysian Team setup. I would hire him to complement Rexy, if I were BAM --who says he cannot work with Rexy. Rexy has his plates full for a long time. It would be nice to have two top coaches coaching different pairs. I may not be surprised if BAM is already contacting him and negotiating with him.

And I think Kim Her could be serious as all Malaysians do miss home when they are away. Kim Her must be missing his family, relatives and friends. I know he would be missing his roti telur, teh susu halia, wantan mee, rojak, mamak nasi kandar, prawn noodle soup, chilli crabs, mee rebus, SATAY, and so on (no price, if you have guessed those are my favourites :) ).

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

but the price are just raised...^^...:p...haha...

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

tan kim her will not return to MAS becoz england is offeirng thousand of pounds per month..:):p

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but my brother say things very expensive if used ours ringgit...if u buy some vegetable for 1 pound...it cost u rm6.6++:eek:...my bro say better farming at here...then export to there...:p...then malaysia farmer will be very rich...:D

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Looking at 2006 news articles, interesting that TKH expressed interest to come back : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33030

Since I posted the original news in this thread, I should clarify - > before Tan Kim Her went to England, accoding to press statements the negotiations with BAM fell thru cos :
    1) Rexy was said to be happy with his assistants & not keen to accomodate TKH. TKH wanted equal footing, how to have 2 chief MD coach ?.
    2) NSC/BAM side of the story : TKH wanted to train the senior/national squad. BAM/NSC offered TKH as chief coach of BJSS i.e. development section. TKH wouldnt accept that. Since then, BAM has hired a CHina coach as chief for BJSS juniors.
    3) TKH side of the story : He wanted to be on national squad. Wait, wait, no concrete answer from NSC, he accepted the offer from England.

Of course, that was before Cheah Soon Kit left for KLRC & the XD section took off the ground.

Back to present in 2008, in one of the malay press, during TC Finals, TKH said
    he's happy with BA England but would serve Msia one day if he's needed. 2nd time he said that. That of course could be diplomatic answer, TKH doesnt want to sever all ties, just in case.

Anyway, there can be a host of reasons why stay, why leave. Rexy(though he's foreign coach) was happy in England, but his wife prefered Msia & Rexy wanted to be nearer to elderly mother, so Rexy came - though England is reported to pay better than Msia with less pressure. Rexy wouldnt go back to PBSI, Msia & Spore the nearest (must not forget uncle Loh's base).:D

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

welcome back tan kim her!!

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    National Sports Council (NSC) decision not to bear the monthly payment to Tan Kim Her will implement the tugasannya as national coach, this February as he was not appointed with MSN and Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM).

As described BAM does not require any additional coaches during this, the director, Datuk Zolkples Embong, confirmed that MSN does not know or referred to the appointment of Kim Her.

"As i know, Kim Her name was never raised in the joint working committee meeting (JKK) between MSN-BAM which I chaired," said Zolkples, yesterday. "I do not know if it is not raised when I chaired the meeting.

"For every appointment coach it should be brought to the knowledge and consent to JKK case they meet the requirements of the program and both parties, approval will be given and MSN bear the expenses involved coaches.

"But, according to my knowledge Kim Her name was never brought to the knowledge JKK. This means that BAM may have specific planning for coaches that have nothing to do with MSN and they have to bear all expenses for him.

"Regardless, I think badminton already have too many coaches and do not need to add more manpower," said Zolkples.

Yesterday, Daily News revealed that Kim Her - who is now with England - will launch legal duties as national team coach, this mid-February.

Her appointment of Kim, who just decided one, labeled 'shock' as it is not in the Technical Committee meeting minutes and BAM Coaching, recently, and MSN are not known.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    google translated from http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_News/BH/Thursday/Sukan/20091231005428/Article/index_html
    =========================================================

wonder how they settle this problem?:confused:

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
  12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

It's best to allow the coaches to decide on whom the players are for tournaments

IMHO, it's best to allow the coaches to decide on whom the players are to be sent for tournaments. After all, the coaches are the ones closest to the players. Coaches know their charges better than anyone else; in terms of form, fitness, tiredness, injury, etc......

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    if thats happen in the 1st place,tan kim her wont left bam
    thanks to tan kim her,korea md is pretty strong now
    even england won 1 md ss titles;)

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LCW has been MAS #1 player since 2005 taking over from WCH and currently among the top 3 world best players. In the 4 years since, MAS has not 'discover' 'produce' anyone to take over from LCW despite all the heavy funding invested into the sport and the numerous coaches that came and gone, including the current stable of coaches with all the medals hanging from their necks. Either there is no decent youngsters for these coaches to coach into becoming a world beater or simply, the coaches ain't good. More coaches come calling, so who are these coaches going to coaching:confused:

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    to uncle otb
    do u know that tan kim her is a double coach?:confused:
    do u know how many pair of doubles in bam now?:confused:

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I don't think Tan will get a fair deal in this set up. His credentials wasn't appreciated in the first place. It was reported that he wants his children to be back in Malaysia and maybe he just accepted any arrangements to come back to coach.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Tan Kim Her will be returning home to Malaysia

It's good limsy... Let's keep this thread on-topic;
    * About Tan Kim Her returning home to Malaysia
    * About how MAS Doubles can benefit from TKH returning home.

18. eaglehelang

Tan KH is MD coach OTB:p. That should be obvious in the BH & Star article.
    Doubles dept has 3 category leh : MD, WD, XD. Refer to MO 2010 M & Q list :
    Elit MD itself has KKK/TBH, Fuzzy. Then the back up under Pang has 5 to 6 pairs. That also not including 2 pairs just promoted from BJSS.
    Then XD, another 4 to 5 pairs, if include the new rookies 6 to 7 - 1 coach only. WD : 3 to 4 pairs- also 1 coach.

The NSC Director doesnt seem to fully comprehend how many pairs the coaches have to take care of, just look at total no of coaches & he say too many. Same like in 2008 he said squash has more coaches than baddy. If that's the case, how come now he say baddy has too many coaches?

#38 eaglehelang, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  19. eaglehelang

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    there is
    pairs in md(excluded koo/tan and fuzzy)
    4 pairs of wd(excluded wong/chin)
    7 pairs of xd(excluded koo/wong)

19 pairs to handle
    tan kim her should handle 2/3 pairs of md in my opinion:)