What is the Best Grip, Towel or Synthetic?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by kingkiller48, Apr 21, 2008.

1. tigerlam92

tigerlam92 Regular Member

BRAND:HiQua
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=376
    TYPE:towel
    COLOUR:Yellow
    THICKNESS:0.6 mm
    RACKET USED: VT80 3UG5
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: Replacement grip. The HiQua although has the same thickness spec as the Yonex 402 is actually thicker.
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT?
    NoAfter using many different grips, I have started using the towel grips now. It has performed the best without slippage when I am sweating profusely. I am now using a wrist band as well.

I started out using the
    Yonex[SUP]® [/SUP]Towel Grip AC402/402EX but found that it causes blister for my hand (12-17 hrs a week). The HiQua appears to be softer and doesn't get hard (two weeks thus far only) or doesn't have that much hard dimples.

One downside with the HiQua is that I need to use some of my roll of Nitto tape on the top since the back side is not full adhesive backing.

For the towel grip, I leave the handles sticking out of the bag to let it air out.

Cheers
    --Hugh

2. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

BRAND: Karakal PU Super Grip
    TYPE:
    Synthetic
    COLOUR:
    Yellow / Black / Multi color (no pink)
    THICKNESS:
    Thick
    RACKET USED:
    Yonex VT80
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP:
    Replacement grip.
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT?
    Yes, need to cut it about 6 inches.

Just bought 10 of them. I usually replace them after they lose their rubbery grip feel, very lasting.

Tried Yonex towel grip and it sucks, hardly can get any grip compared to the Karakal.

#42 rogerv2, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  3. Fzforze

Fzforze Regular Member

Chef
    BRAND: Karakal
    TYPE: PU Super Grip
    COLOUR: Black
    THICKNESS: Thick
    RACKET USED: Arcsaber Z Slash
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: Took off the origonal factory yonex grip and replaced it with the Super grip
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? Nope just cover the wood of the racket handle

I did use to have the orginal factory grip and put the Gamma overgrip (white) over the factory grip, even though the gamma grip is a very tackey and absorbant grip i found it bulked out the handle to much (to my personal prefrence) and was not thick enough to be a replacement grip. It also got pretty dirty and the tackyness wore off after a month or two.

So i tried the Karakal Super Pu replacement grip and i have to say it is the best grip i have used so far. It is a pretty tacky grip and doesnt lose that much tackyness when wet, it does feel a bit too grippy when my hand is dry, causes a little bit of friction but as soon as my hand gets sweaty the grip falls into place and is tacky enough for my hand to be comfortable and stable even during the four hour session i play for.

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

hmm, need to check out hi-qua towel grip then.

For PU's i use Karakal super PU, Karakal X-Shock (favourite PU at the moment) but for towel grips i get a blister when i use Yonex 402ex and they harden up pretty quick. just recently found Karakal towel grip. still nice and soft at the moment. only bad thing is that its too short for liking :S

5. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

It's Kamachi.:eek:

6. tigerlam92

tigerlam92 Regular Member

So it's now about a little over a month and it's still good with the HiQua. Very happy and impress with it. It's almost time to replace them.

Hugh