LCW+Misbun combination

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ixory, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

He did indeed went to Singapore and was spotted at Takashimaya. Thats a fact. Nothing personal. You need to know the difference. He was spotted shopping and I commented on it. I did not call him names nor did I insult his family members.

I have no problems if you find it stupid. If you cant get it, you cant get it. Thats all.

Best wishes,
    Pemuda

2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Take it easy bro. :p:p

3. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Whose counting money? DLCW? MS? or BAM?

And who is responsible for all expenses incurred on developing and maintaining of shuttlers and coaches? DLCW? MS? BAM? or TAX PAYERS?

4. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

somebody reported bumping into LCW shopping at a certain time n place (i bet he was fishing for just that kind of response from someone).. and off you go .. i went.....' i knew it' ...........so predictable

oh .. i got your drift alright.. no problems there :D

regards

#104 pajrul, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    everybody is counting money - if the duo maintain no.1 position, product endorsement fee & sponsorship pours in for all (lcw, ms & bam). our country gets noted as badminton is one of the only 2 sports we can excel - good for nation good for everybody.

if lcw decide to find new coach, maybe he will win major tournament maybe he will not and may he won't be no.1 so if you are him u wanna try? :rolleyes:

6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    pemuda, do you believe in god? if you say lcw is mentally weak for being world no.1, gosh! all the rest including ld must have no brains!!! :D:D

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    BAM is 'using' LCW more than LCW is 'using' BAM

IMHO, BAM is 'using' LCW more than LCW is 'using' BAM.

Yes, so often we have posts here (from tax-paying Malaysian BCers) complaining about LCW. Perhaps LCW should migrate to China and play for the CHN team. :p:p:p

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nah
    uncle loh will welcome datuk lee with arm opened;)
    not good for china dominate ms:p

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    our asset

ha..ha.. lcw is malaysia sport asset (only 2 mind you) but this is a good start again ha..ha..

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

But must wait 2 years, for sure BAM will impose some kind of ban ;);)

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    if lcw is taking this step to leave because some tax-payers not happy then he should consider option of other countries, think singapore very good $$ ;);)

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

If non-LCW supporters in Malaysia are not happy with him...

But let's look at this seriously (not just jokingly). LCW is quite popular everywhere; in Australia, Britain, China, Denmark, E, F, G, ... Z.

LCW is known as a real gentleman player. A good sporting player with high skills. If non-LCW supporters in Malaysia are not happy with him, I am sure other countries would be happy to invite him in. If LCW accepts and goes, I am sure those non-LCW supporters would say LCW betrays Malaysia. :p:p:p

#112 chris-ccc, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    if i am lcw
    i will say
    well,since u all complaining,i should stop,give player like arif to lead mas ms then
    malaysia boleh to u all
    if not me,malaysia wont have 9 ss ms titles,1 silver in og,2 gold in cwg and more:p
    hehe:p

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Not just Singapore, seriously...;);). And perhaps bring Misbun along, then we can see how LCW + Misbun works in other environments.:p

But what I meant was a player who wants to play for other countries need to wait at least 2 years, BAM for sure will impose such restriction.

15. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    The topic discussed about Misbun+DLCW combination.

Why there is people asking/ suggesting DLCW not to play for Malaysia?

DLCW did a great job by winning alots of SS titles, and of course prize money.

But, as No.1 player in the ranking, he has never won any big titles. This is a fact. And people saying that this combination works.:confused:

9 SS Titles, 1 silver in OG, 2 Gold in cwg and more (Limsy's info)

Probably as Boleh-land supporter, they shiok sendiri and proud of their shuttler that had won the silver medal in OG. This achievements has been highlighted so many times (not only Limsy) in different thread.

What to be proud of silver-medal? It is a defeat. 2nd place. Sorry to say, it is a compensation for a loser. The fact is, DLCW lost terribly to the Gold Medallist in the final.

Winning alot of SS titles is only because of The Great are in semi-retired mode. DLCW should thanked Him for His kindness of giving chances for him to stay at the No. 1 seat for so long.

For me, this combination is works, providing that DLCW wins Major titles.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yes, I believe in God. But God has got nothing to do with this.

Do you know the difference between having brains and being mentally weak?

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

If you think the guy was fishing, it is your right to do so.

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

20 years from today ...

Both LD & LCW have retired.

LD's name will be on the record books for the OG gold, WC, AEs, SS titles etc. He will be up there amongst the legends like Rudy Hartono, Yang Yang etc.

LCW with no majors will get a gift hamper from BWF for being WR1 without the majors.

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    BAM invests tons of tax-payer money to win 1st place and not with the goal of second place or bridesmaids, therefore while winning OLY silver is not a bad achievement, but it is not equal to the gold medal...DEN sure win many second place in TC but the badminton world only knows that they are only 3 countries that have won TC and DEN is not one of them. Winning SS titles are great achievements but is a tune-up to the majors and for that, Dato has yet to pull one of....if BAM waive the 2 yr rule and LCW plays for CHN, sure CHN would walk away with TC but how long will LCW last in CHN, we are not talking about MAS where LCW can play as long as he wants with noone to challenge him, even WCH and HH can still own a spot in MAS lineup now, with super league in CHN, the competition for the 2 or 3 spots in majors heats up bigtime, LD may be safe for now, pretty boy BCL may lose his spot and CJ so-so for now.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Gladly our Australian Badminton community would support their entry into Australia

My shame - Always forgetting LCW's coach, Misbun. :eek::eek::eek:

I'm sure our Badminton community in Australia (especially in Melbourne) would welcome LCW+Misbun with opened arms, if they choose to come downunder. Both of them have been to Melbourne before and they have enjoyed their stay here.

We, Australia, would never think of asking them to come over. It would seem like we are pinching them from Malaysia. But if they wish to come to try out our environment, gladly our Australian Badminton community would support their request. Many top world class sports persons have migrated to Australia, and then represented Australia. So, the intake of the LCW+Misbun combination into Australia should not be a problem.

Regarding BAM imposing restrictions, Badminton Australia would fight tooth and nail against BAM (via the BWF) for them to represent Australia.

It's just a dream. If it happens, Badminton would become more popular in Australia. :):):)