LCW+Misbun combination

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ixory, Mar 30, 2007.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    australian badminton

ya right! everybody has a dream and i would dream of australian swimmers swimming over here! ha..ha..
    if badminton is popular in your country it would be an advantage as australian has the height and training facility and the know how in sports science. get started and start build more courts.... ;);)

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

If LCW goes Down Under ...

It would be great for Malaysia. Them Aussies can have him, if the lad wants to leave. Just shut the door on the way out.

Why?

LCW is 27 years old now. No Malaysian shuttlers can play top level badminton once they hit their late 20s (we dont have the determination nor the mentality like the Danes). At most LCW is good for another 1 year or so, plus minus. He has yet to win any majors. And at 27, it is unlikely he is going to win one.

If LCW does jump ship to Australia, it is not really a bad thing for Malaysia. We dont have to pay that monthly allowance thing for a start. And that will be a massive saving for the Malaysian taxpayers.

Secondly, with LCW gone down under, we will be forced to look/develop new talents. Youngsters or juniors will be given opportunities.

It is not a bad thing actually.

But do you think LCW will enjoy life in Australia? There is no place like home. And Malaysia is home. Plus in Malaysia, LCW gets to enjoy certain perks and privileges as a national badminton star. For example, he is paid by BAM monthly via the taxpayers, now will the Australian taxpayers or government do likewise?

What about language? English is not his first language. Is he just gonna speak hokkien or mandarin to em' Aussies over there?

What is he going to do after his playing days? Work in some chinese restaurant as a cook in Melbourne? Badminton, lets face it is not the sport of choice for Aussies ... and I am taking about Australians in general not those Malaysian, Chinese, Indonesians etc who migrated there. Between Aussie rule football, rugby, cricket, football and badminton .... badminton is a distance last.

I studied in Melbourne, and yes it is a nice place but it can never be home like Malaysia. And migrating is never easy because acceptance is an issue and challenge. Pretty interesting scenes at Cronulla Beach a few years ago.

Anyway ... the reality is going over to live in Australia is not just packing a few spare underpants. LCW or Misbun or their pet chimpanzee gotta meet em' requirements and with badminton being a minor sport unlike Cricket or Rugby ... hmmmmmmm ;)

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

*LCW goes Down Under*

Aussie A : G'day mate
    LCW : aaaah ... harlo .. my Inghland ok ok la

Aussie A : You right?
    LCW : Yes, I right hand player

Aussie A : Right hand? Player? Aerial ping pong?
    LCW : no .. no .. I badminton champion in the whole wide world

Aussie A : Badminton, is that what you do to make a quid?
    LCW : Oh no quid, I badminton champion. Veli famous person. Peoples all know me.

Aussie A : Ok, no worries, mate
    LCW : Actually, I got small worry. I very worry LD win all the big titles

Aussie A : Listen mate, I dont want to be a stickybeak but who is LD?
    LCW : LD big champion. He sai lang everything

Aussie A : Well. big champion or no, you gotta eat. Wanna go to Mackers? My shout?
    LCW : No no I going Malaysian Open

4. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    lcw

pemuda, i think you go well over board on lcw migration! actually our australian bcer was only dreaming if lcw stays in australia ....

anyway you make us laugh and btw lcw's english is quite good!

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

As I said IF LCW goes Down Under.

Of course I agree LCW's English is veli good.

6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    lcw + ms

ok and we better stick to the title of this forum!! ;)

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    We better stick to the title of this forum

Agree. :):):)

A thread has been created for us not sticking to the title of a forum: Click HERE

#127 chris-ccc, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

We better stick to the title of this thread not forum

It should be staying on topic of this thread rather than forum. ;)

I agree, though I do find it funny when it is the same people who went off topic in the first place who then did an about turn.

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    off track

we are all human we go off track sometime but we remember to come back, some just don't, they just follow... ha..ha.. don't take it personal just remember we all have to stick to the forum/threat! ;););)

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Of course we do go off track sometimes. My point is if one is the one who went off course first and then tried to be on some high horse and talk about the importance of staying on topic, thats pretty funny to me. ;)

Lets not have any double standards, lets stick to the topic of this thread (not forum :)), shall we?

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    let's follow the threat/forum

lets us stop here otherwise if i continue this off track discussion and u keep following then ....

agreed and let's follow:
    threat - lcw+ms
    forum - malaysian professional players;);)

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Some of the post here does makes me laughing all the way:D

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I had a quick chat with Misbun at the SSMF.
    My impression is he is a fantastic training coach but not a motivating tournament coach. LCW's game showed some new dimension after his injury break.Misbun said this was because LCW suddenly had more time for training. In fact he said that training is tougher than competing in tournaments. During tournaments, he only plays one match a day; during training, it's 8 hours a day. In a way it's true. So LCW should train more and compete less. Misbun then let on that he can enrich LCW's repertoire even more but it's gonna take a lot of hard work (which shouldn't be a problem for both.) So let's look out for more exciting play. Both LCW and Misbun are brilliant in their own way so it's a terrific combination.

However, my guess is Misbun is not a great motivator during competitions. At the SSMF, LCW did not look confident facing PG. That's because he wasn't mentally prepared as it seemed he went on court without a game plan; more to adapt to PG's tactics. I mean, LCW is WR1, he has the skills to dictate play, if he does not show it, how can he play with confidence? If he does not go in with confidence, LCW cannot show his best. If he does not play his best, LCW will lose or struggle to win (like in SSMF). When LCW is confident, he will play so well, he thrashes his opponents (like SSMF08).In fact , PG commented that because LCW looked so confident in SSMF08,he knew he would have a hard time and he was right.
    When Misbun is not with LCW for tournaments, there's no guarantee LCW will win but definitely, he looks more relaxed and is forced to, but free, to think of his own game plan. With Misbun, even if he may feel uncomfortable with Misbun's plan, he 's likely to feel he has to follow. This can cause conflict, mindwise and you can see uncertainty in his body language. My belief is LCW plays better against LD when he has to fend for himself without Misbun's presence (but with some other coach, assuming of course LCW has sufficient
    preparation in training.)

On the lighter side, if BAM is not happy with LCW, then it would be great for him to come over to Singapore. For sure, when he wins the MS title in SSMF, he will get his US$40k promptly.Also LCW has relatives in Singapore so there's family. And just think, that OG Silver is worth S$500k here. At RM3k per month for what MAS gives, it will take some 40 years to compound and match Spore's incentive. (If I were LCW, as a professional, I will play true to my profession, I will play for the money because no one 's gonna take care of your future when the glory days are over.)

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm
    u sure he get the both usd 40k for both ssmf titles?:p;)

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It means if he were to play for Spore, he will surely get his money. With BAM, the money's probably gone walkabout and will be maybe for some time, until LCW retires? and can get lawyer's help to recover.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    the 1st edition was to pay by bam and 2nd is by bwf as far as i know
    but somehow
    i didnt heard any news that they have been paid for both:p

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

OG Silver also gets RM300,000 incentive. the RM3,000/mth is additional.
    Btw, since we're talking abt LCW + Misbun, how much a coach in Spore if their charges win OG medal? Misbun got RM60,000 for LCW's silver.;)

LOL, the 2008 SS Finals I think maybe will be paid in 2010, since now only a few days bf 2009 ends.

#137 eaglehelang, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    lcw+ms

in short for them lcw & ms, this is just one of their ups & downs..the great thing is they still work together!

on your calculation of 40 yrs to match singapore's incentive - there must be a reason why lcw just don't see it this way...:D:D

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    lcw+ms

in short for them, lcw & ms, this is just one of their ups & downs..the great thing is they still work together!

on your calculation of 40 yrs to match singapore's incentive - there must be a reason why lcw just don't see it this way...:D:D

#139 pBmMalaysia, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Not ban lah, but I think he have signed contract with BAM or something.......:confused: