Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Could be. Kwun can figure this out at his end. He has means.

Anyway it's a totally nonsense posting. It's at a point where you :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: every time you see this.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I think that guy got banned.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    person banned.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Bulls Eye. I was right.

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    what will we do without him!!!! :crying: (or her) :)

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Pardon me for asking, person or persons because both sides were guilty? (You may PM me). Thank you.

7. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Congratulation to Saina for the Thai Open win.
    I was super impressed with Ratchanok overheads smashes. Super accuracy and power.
    I was kind of alarmed that most of her points were from overhead smashes and wondered how long she can keep it up. Unfortunately towards the end of first game she was tired.
    Ratchanok lost due to tactical failure. Hope she learns from this and gives a better fight next time.

Saina, you better work on your smash returns.
    Ratchanok totally dominated you from the back of the court in Game 1.

#807 rogerv2, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

it's not a SS tournament.

9. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Yeah .. just realised that. Thanks.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Congratulations to Saina for the Thailand Open GPG title. 3 hard games against Ratchanok Inthanon. However, Saina is still far from the finished article, and I do hope she works on some of her more obvious deficiencies. Here win was much in part due to Inthanon's inconsistency and failure to stabilize her game. But hey, a win is a win! :D

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Saina Nehwal triumphs in Thailand
    By G Krishnan
    Monday, Jun 11, 2012

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_saina-nehwal-triumphs-in-thailand_1700710

Excerpts:

...“It was a big tournament, very tough, and I played with most of the top players. The final was very intense because Inthanon is world No 11 and one of the good youngsters who is playing well against all the tough players,” the elated 22-year-old told DNA from Bangkok.

... “There were three to four Chinese players, but they were not their top shuttlers. The competition is very severe at every level nowadays as everyone is playing well.”

...“I can’t say now what I can do at the Olympics. There is still a lot of time. I have to train very hard for that. Olympics is not an easy tournament, the competition is extremely high. People expect a great deal from me. I just expect hard work from myself,” she said.

...“From then, till now, I have won many tournaments and beaten quite a few top players. You never know if you can win the Olympics, be it as a junior or as an experienced player. Last time, when I was 18, I beat world No 5 (Wang Chen) in the pre-quarterfinals. Even experienced players lose at times. It’s how you play on that particular day.”

...Her immediate goal, though, is to do well in the Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premium starting Tuesday. “That is a bigger tournament with tougher competition as the top Chinese players will be there. I have to be alert and aggressive. It is only after the first round will I know how I am doing there.”

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

she played with most of the top players? what on earth is she talking about?
    the top players will be at Indonesia this week, lets see how she getting on.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    maybe she mean the top players in the tournament.

but that's hardly so. she played 4 Thais and one Chinese.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Did you manage to get past the first paragraph? Or just maybe there's nothing there to grab your attention?

15. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

She is talking in the context of the tournament. When she says her opponents are not tough people complain, when she says the opposite people also complain ....:confused:

16. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Ya!Exactly....whatever she says people just complain..

17. CyrusTheGreat

CyrusTheGreat Regular Member

Part timer
    There is no smoke without fire. She has obviously said or stated something to trigger such complaints.

Nevertheless, her words resemble what is beyond over-confidence.

[h=1]Performance counts but glamour is important: Saina Nehwal[/h]NEW DELHI: On Sunday, ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal played tough and hard, changed her strategies and manoeuvres to clinch the Thailand Open title, giving India another reason to smile and celebrate. Her win comes close on the heels of Sania Mirza and Mahesh Bhupathi's victory at the French Open. "I'm very happy with this title," she says. This win comes as a boost ahead of the Olympic Games. "Olympics training will begin only later. My immediate focus is to win the Indonesia Open next week," she adds.
    Sunday's match was a tough one, the shuttler admits. "My Thai opponent (Ratchanok Inthanon) had very good strategy and she was very alert and aggressive. She played some good shots and I got into the rhythm very late. I did get better when I was 17-19, but then I made a small mistake which cost me the first game," she analyses. In the second game, the tide turned in the favour of the top-seeded Indian. "I got my confidence back. I decided to play longer rallies and that worked well. I slowed down the game because Ratchanok was very good with the fast shots," she shares.

[​IMG]
    She was trending on social networking sites after her victory, but the shuttler seemed unaware of the congratulatory tweets and messages. "It's nice to know that there's so much support back home. I spoke to my parents first thing after the match. My father has been my source of support and strength. Even my coach P Gopichand has worked very hard," she says, adding, "He is also planning a good training programme for the Olympics."
    In a tournament, every minute aspect makes a difference and impact — from the strategy to a player's fitness. "We need good support in terms of physiotherapists, analysts, etc. In badminton, things are improving and we have a great physiotherapist and analyst with us," Saina says.
    Lately, the focus in sports has gone beyond just cricket. "It's obviously not as much as cricket, but yes, all sports are doing well now. Badminton has grown in the last five-six years. There is support from sponsors as well as the government. Because of the government support, we are able to play every tournament," she adds.
    Sports, be it cricket, badminton or tennis, can't stay away from glamour. The shuttler agrees. "Performance counts but glamour is as important. People watch a sport also because they like a particular player. Especially in India, if a sportsperson looks good, he or she easily gets a lot of ads and media coverage," she says. "So many sports people don't get recognized because they don't look good. That is sad and should change. I don't take care of myself, but I thank God that I'm blessed with good looks. Now with the Olympics coming up, it's great to see equal coverage being given to all the participating Indian sportspersons," she adds.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    seriously she said that??? erm.... i won't say much more than...

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." ;)

19. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    can I get the link of the article you posted above.....

20. laonong

laonong Regular Member

When she said LXR is not tough but many people consider LXR is very tought even the world number 1 WYH lost to her twice in the final. In face Saina did not say her opponent in Thailand open is tough directly.

After watching the vedio I think she may never beat LXR because of her physical ability. Just like LD vs LCW and LD vs BCL

#820 laonong, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.