Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I'm pretty sure CY's been using the N70 ever since launch... The Tomboys don't use the N77 also... I think I've seen YY using the N90 if I remember correctly...

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The N90 has been used by some of the doubles player.

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

hm the N33 is listed as Cai Yun's racket at my retailer's website (badminton-outlet.det) and I distinctly remember that vid where he used that racket or one very similar to it. The N70 was made for Bao Chunlai, who used it since China chose Li Ning as sponsor, but Cai Yun definitely used the N33 at one poimt. No one else did, so it'd make no sense to produce this racket if he didnt use it...

4. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Actually, the rackets are associated with the players and marketed that way, and it's designed for that particular player, but those players might've found that another racket actually might be more suited for them and hence they rackets and don't use their rackets like the tomboy pair/CY etc....

5. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    I agree with Jasonvan. Since China is sposoren by Li-Ning CY has always been using the N70. Uhm and they say those rackets are tailor-made for the players. Well they SAY that to promote them but actually I don't really think they really use those "tailor-made" rackets.

And yes the N70 was made for BCL, but actually CY uses N70, Zhang Nan as well. So a lot of players use it.

Yu Yang uses the N50 by the way

6. simonhln7

simonhln7 Regular Member

school
    why do you need it?

7. simonhln7

simonhln7 Regular Member

school
    what string do you have on your n90ii????

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Currently, a BG68ti, but I'll have it restrung with a BG80 soon. Tension is about 24lbs.

9. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I have victor VS850 on mine.... oh and at 27lbs

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Got myself the N50II and tested it on Monday and yesterday - and its awesome. Part of it is the good stringing job, but the racket really responds so well that I feel like I barely have to move it to get pace on the shuttle. I was a bit surprised at how head-heavy it is, but its well worth it - base-to-base clears are really easy, and even my backhand clear is long enough now (most of the time <.<) :)
    Smashes are still a little bit off, but were okay yesterday. They're more powerful than with my N90II due to the string. The downside: this really makes me want the N50 to be able to compare. I cant afford that right now, damn it!
    Oh, and I really like the design. Different from all the red stuff LN likes so much, and I like blue :)

Here are some pics of my new baby and the slightly older ones:
    01092010306.jpg 01092010308.jpg

Top to bottom:
    Y AS-ZS (BG65)
    N70 (BG65)
    N90 (BG68Ti->BG80 soon)
    N90II (BG68Ti->BG80 soon)
    N50II (BG80)
    01092010311.jpg 01092010312.jpg 01092010313.jpg

#510 j4ckie, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  11. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    N50II is the first racket I've ever used, and so far, I like it more than Yonex's. Btw, is your N50II the new cap or the old cap?

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Dont know what you mean - as far as I'm concerned there's just one version of the N50II :S

13. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    maybe hes refering to the new logo?

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ahh. Maybe. In that case, I got the old one.

15. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    LOL....Yes...But something troubles me is that if the racket has the old logo bottom cap, it kinda feels heavier than the racket with the new logo bottom cap.

16. feather_guy

feather_guy Regular Member

Is the N90II improved in every category compared to the N90? Or are there aspects of the N90 that are better than the N90II?

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    N90 is more headheavy so I think Lin Dan for example still preffers the old N90 a tad..

/Twobeer

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm I can't really compare since I only got the one. Problem is that there are absolutely no stores in my region which have Li Ning so I order it all online (and very few that have badminton equipment at all, and mostly only low-end, old Yonex/Oliver/Wilson rackets)- so I can't exactly take some testswings^^ If the new version is lighter, props to you. I think mine is not as light as a doubles racket could be - but with FHF's arm, I think he'll have no problem maneuvering it around quickly. Still, nicest racket I got so far, on par with the N90II.

19. matsu_des

matsu_des Regular Member

Student
    Hello Li-Ning racket users, i've been hovering over this thread for quite a while now waiting for someone to mention the UC2300A racket.
    In england, they retail at £115 but can find for £95, however I saw it when I went to singapore that it was 115.SGD which is about £55 so immediately i bought it. I strung it with Li-ning AP-90 at 26lbs and to be honest, it is one of the most comfortable rackets to play with.
    Every shot is just so crisp, however have not yet compared with other rackets in terms of power. But the control, feel and ease of use is the best i've had. I suppose there is a chance that it could be due to the strings because they ARE indeed incredible. Any comments to share is appreciated :)

20. tomtung

tomtung Regular Member

I brought my first Li Ning Woods N90 II last week and tried the racket to check out its features. At first, I was hesitated to buy Li Ning racket because it costs more than a Yonex! By the way, I have most of the Yonex top rackets ie Amort 900, nano 9900, mp100 etc...etc. I also know that playing good badminton have nothing to do with the racket, as in one sense that its the person who plays. I played badminton more than 20 years, to tell you the true, up to now not many rackets reallly impressed me. However, to my surprise N90 II do felt good when playing with it. I compare many shots with my nano 9900 and other Yonex rackets. With N90 II the drop shot, point smash, and forehand smash made it more control and easy for me. I am not saying this to convince any of you, it is my feeling with the racket. Everyone is different, I used to play with cheap rackets under Canadian dollars 60.00 but then again I can afford a better racket now so I went for it. One thing for sure that I like to share is that when a good racket is expensive, there are lots of cheap, fade rackets selling at 2/10 of what the real one cost. Now Li Ning high end rackets have become the victim too!